General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

Lima was like -300 range in their first fight and nothing has changed since then, I don't understand why he's evens now. Losses to mousasi and amosov have no bearing to this matchup.

Lima looked gunshy if memory serves correct vs Amosov, hesitant to pull the trigger he looks like he's on the decline. MVP had some success in the first match despite getting highlight finished, if he can keep it standing he definitely has a good chance to win. Fight is only 3 rounds this time compared to the original which was set for 5, really if MVP just wanted to dance around and point fight Lima he could probably do it and cruise to a decision. Fight is in London too in front of a crowd, you know the fans cheering will be impacting the judges and MVP's style is very favorable to the judges if he doesn't get put on his back.

Lima looked gunshy if memory serves correct vs Amosov, hesitant to pull the trigger he looks like he's on the decline. MVP had some success in the first match despite getting highlight finished, if he can keep it standing he definitely has a good chance to win. Fight is only 3 rounds this time compared to the original which was set for 5, really if MVP just wanted to dance around and point fight Lima he could probably do it and cruise to a decision. Fight is in London too in front of a crowd, you know the fans cheering will be impacting the judges and MVP's style is very favorable to the judges if he doesn't get put on his back.
He was gunshy because of the wrestling threat imo, one takedown was the round pretty much almost always iirc. The 3 rounds instead of 5 is an interesting wrinkle though I forgot about that. To me it just seems like a market overreaction after losing to beasts like mousasi and amosov even though those were wrestling match ups, in a pure striking fight I rate lima very highly.

Lima was like -300 range in their first fight and nothing has changed since then, I don't understand why he's evens now. Losses to mousasi and amosov have no bearing to this matchup.
I thought MVP was winning the first fight pretty clearly and got caught by a strange combo.
Still -140 looks square to me.

I thought MVP was winning the first fight pretty clearly and got caught by a strange combo.
Still -140 looks square to me.
Didn't he spend the whole first round flat on his back? The second nothing much happened outside of him landing one shot and getting countered when he got aggressive.

I think this is a forgiving matchup for Douglas after he had to take on Gegard and Amosov back-to-back.

Didn't he spend the whole first round flat on his back? The second nothing much happened outside of him landing one shot and getting countered when he got aggressive.

I think this is a forgiving matchup for Douglas after he had to take on Gegard and Amosov back-to-back.
LOL you are right. I totally forgot about that. In my memory the only thing happening before the KO was MVP rocking Lima for a second but yes, Lima won the first round based on top control.

LOL you are right. I totally forgot about that. In my memory the only thing happening before the KO was MVP rocking Lima for a second but yes, Lima won the first round based on top control.

Big John actually scored the first round for MVP because Lima inflicted zero damage and MVP was winning the stand-up battle.

-600 now. That has to be some kind of record.

Nah they were dumb to bring Islam out at -300, those odds were always gonna move fast. I think the limits were low though nobody could've put down too much at that point. I imagine Islam will stay between -600 / 700 though, would be shocking to see him approach -1000 like he almost was vs Thiago Moises.

Sport Nation limited me to 0.01 after 1 bet (£100 Jake Paul decision +1200)... cunts

Nah they were dumb to bring Islam out at -300, those odds were always gonna move fast. I think the limits were low though nobody could've put down too much at that point. I imagine Islam will stay between -600 / 700 though, would be shocking to see him approach -1000 like he almost was vs Thiago Moises.

I'm looking at the LW rankings right now. When you look at things stylistically...there could honestly be value with Islam against ANY lightweight in the world at -300 odds. Maybe that's stretching it a bit (I suppose you could maybe argue Oliveira provides a reasonable threat with his guard...but does anyone really see him subbing Islam off his back?). Islam is just Khabib 2.0, he does what he does and nobody is gonna stop it. He's too big for the other top wrestlers at LW like Gillespie, and the strikers have almost no chance of keeping the fight standing.

Sport Nation limited me to 0.01 after 1 bet (£100 Jake Paul decision +1200)... cunts

5dimes limited me a long time ago, back in like 2019.

Luckily I'm in a legal sports betting state now, and have 12 sports betting apps on my phone and can shop around for the best lines.

It's actually insane, between the profit boosts they give you, parlay tokens, free bets when you first sign up. I'm about to move to a different state that has legal gambling as well, and take advantage of all the sign up offers again.

Every state is independent. Ie, if you have a BetMGM account in Jersey, you have to make a new one if you move to Illinois, and you're entitled to the sign up bonus again.

5dimes limited me a long time ago, back in like 2019.

Luckily I'm in a legal sports betting state now, and have 12 sports betting apps on my phone and can shop around for the best lines.

It's actually insane, between the profit boosts they give you, parlay tokens, free bets when you first sign up. I'm about to move to a different state that has legal gambling as well, and take advantage of all the sign up offers again.

Every state is independent. Ie, if you have a BetMGM account in Jersey, you have to make a new one if you move to Illinois, and you're entitled to the sign up bonus again.

It might be different for certain books but this didn’t work for me with fanduel in colorado (I live in IL), it just made accept that states terms and conditions and didn’t let me redeem the new user promotions

now I thought about maybe making a new account to try it but I know that’s def against the terms and didn’t wanna risk my main account getting banned

It might be different for certain books but this didn’t work for me with fanduel in colorado (I live in IL), it just made accept that states terms and conditions and didn’t let me redeem the new user promotions

now I thought about maybe making a new account to try it but I know that’s def against the terms and didn’t wanna risk my main account getting banned

Yeah FanDuel you just have 1 account, DK may be the same way.

But BetMGM I know is for sure different in every state, and every state has a bunch of smaller books that offers sign up bonuses too.

Anyone else like the look of Nate the train as a decent sized dog against Klein?

Back