Gem of a Forgotten Fight

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I was just watching some old fights. I’d never seen this fight between Melvin Manhoef and Bob Shrijber. If you haven’t seen it, do yourself a favor and watch. It’s fun fight.

Any other fun, but probably mostly forgotten fights?

nice find. seen the fight before. Fred Royers is the person who is doing the commentary and is actually a verry decent commentator for kickboxing bouts altho he can be abit Biased from time to time. I remember him hating on Bjorn Bregny ( K-1 competitor ) and others all the time for no apparent reason.

He was a great fighter himself and pioneer in the dutch kickboxing scene and runs a verry respected camp nowadays.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Royers

Last edited:
Manhoef's entire early career is worth watching as it's full of action

I checked his record and he lost against Rodney Glunder by KO early in his career I'll have to check that fight out tommorow it looks very promising

nice find. seen the fight before. Fred Royers is the person who is doing the commentary and is actually a verry decent commentator for kickboxing bouts altho he can be abit Biased from time to time. I remember him hating on Bjorn Bregny ( K-1 competitor ) and others all the time for no apparent reason.

He was a great fighter himself and pioneer in the dutch kickboxing scene and runs a verry respected camp nowadays.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Royers

His grappling insight makes Goldie's commentating sound like a Gracie breakdown.

His grappling insight makes Goldie's commentating sound like a Gracie breakdown.

agreed but like i said in my post, he is a verry decent K-1/Kickboxing commentator. Also MMA was at its infancy in holland at the time and honestly it still is.

I was just watching some old fights. I’d never seen this fight between Melvin Manhoef and Bob Shrijber. If you haven’t seen it, do yourself a favor and watch. It’s fun fight.

Leslie Smith/Kaitlin Young from Invicta 1 is great stuff... As is Alexis Davis/Sarah Kaufman on the Rousey/Tate 1 undercard.

Roger Huerta/Clay Guida is an awesome fight too, sad that Huerta never became as big as he should've.

Hated Bjorn? He was a beast! Weird....

David Loiseau - Solomon Hutcherson was fuckin wild

Thanks bruva, I enjoyed this one quite a bit!

Probably the best single fight highlight ever, but I’d start it ar 1:55 if you want to get straight to the fight. Perfect song choice for the fight too. Also, it’s why we all have man crushes on Saku.

Hideo Tokoro vs. Darren Uyenoyama:

only highlights unfortunately, but this is one that people who missed DREAM might not have seen.

I bring you this gem of a oldschool fight right here:

VTJ 94
It has absolute everything you can ask for!
From a classic match up (striker vs grappler) to WTF is going on to somebody getting soccer kicked out of the ring and then getting finished in brutal fashion!

Man...damn it...couldn't find The full fight video of Riki Fukuda vs Ryuta Sakurai...

So i just post a highlight Video where this fight is clipped together...it is the 2nd Clip...but you should watch the whole video it is worth watching!

Back