Gegard "They don’t pay the bills" Mousasi

I don't want Gegard to adopt a persona, just be himself. If that means flipping off the fans, then great. But enough fake crap.

I don't think its fake tho. I think Gegard is being himself when he flips off the crowd and expressesvhus dislike for fans and other fighters.

Lol at you fools arguing that the income from fans is paying his bills. He makes way more money from his own investments then he does fighting in the UFC. Trust me, he would be more than fine without you.
He absolutely would.
But we all know that the money he invested initially came from the fans.
Or was he wealthy before he started fighting?

He realised what he said and corrected himself "ah maybe they do" before bursting out laughing.

I liked seeing that side of him at the press conference - the mic drop was excellent.

I prefer that if gegard is gonna fight like this,that he sticks to his guns like he has. Heel Gegard has finally given him an interesting angle,which was sorely lacking in his career up until this point. It was also fun to see how he and Amirkani got along speaking Farsi at the post fight.

The fans pay his bills while he is fighting if he makes more money on other investments maybe he should stick to investing instead of fighting because I have never seen an interview where that guy was happy or grateful and Conor's madness in the media is just an act he is not really like that but that dude is really like that.

He realised what he said and corrected himself "ah maybe they do" before bursting out laughing.

I liked seeing that side of him at the press conference - the mic drop was excellent.
agreed.

...In the post fight presser he even said about the audience that "they don't pay the bills". In the end offcourse... The fans DO pay the bills.

Do you think the UFC will have a chat with him about the imporance of the paying fans?

But who's going to explain that to the UFC?

That was a dumb statement. Without fans sports would not exist

Gegard Mousasi made some gestures after his fight against Leites showing he did not appreciate the response he got from the crowd.

In the post fight presser he even said about the audience that "they don't pay the bills".

In the end offcourse... The fans DO pay the bills.

Do you think the UFC will have a chat with him about the imporance of the paying fans?

Fighters talk trash all the time. Some fighters use it as a gimmick to get fans. The UFC doesn't need to do anything. If Gegard stops being marketable then that's his problem, UFC cuts him. He's a grown man he can do what he wants.

Gegard Mousasi made some gestures after his fight against Leites showing he did not appreciate the response he got from the crowd.

In the post fight presser he even said about the audience that "they don't pay the bills".

In the end offcourse... The fans DO pay the bills.

can't blame him, after a fight getting bood by some ungrateful untrained bums is upsetting

I respect him for not taking shit from the crowd after an impressive performance but he lost me with that crap about the Hall fight changing his approach. He fought OSP and Philippou with the same "path of least resistance" approach and tried to do the same to Hall before he got finished. Nothing wrong with that at all and I disagree with fans, pundits, and other critics giving him hell for it but it was lame for him to try to defend that performance by blaming it on the Hall loss. He even said outright after dominating Philippou on the ground that he fought safe and didn't want to risk getting KO'd, so it's obviously nothing new. I don't know who he thought he was fooling but it was lame.

I respect him for not taking shit from the crowd after an impressive performance but he lost me with that crap about the Hall fight changing his approach. He fought OSP and Philippou with the same "path of least resistance" approach and tried to do the same to Hall before he got finished. Nothing wrong with that at all and I disagree with fans, pundits, and other critics giving him hell for it but it was lame for him to try to defend that performance by blaming it on the Hall loss. He even said outright after dominating Philippou on the ground that he fought safe and didn't want to risk getting KO'd, so it's obviously nothing new. I don't know who he thought he was fooling but it was lame.
You are absolutely right.

Moose was right to flip them off. They booed him after a great performance.

Mousasi has always had issues with being sort of laconic and safety first in there...at least he admits it and tells people ey this is me so deal with it hehehehehe. Some people naturally have a style,flaws and all.

I've always liked the moose, and I like angry moose even more.

He's wrong about the fans, but I enjoyed Awkward Heel Moose.

Dude... He specifically said that he changed his style for the Hall fight, by trying to force a finish, and it cost him; this is why he went BACK to his original style for this fight.

Dude... He specifically said that he changed his style for the Hall fight, by trying to force a finish, and it cost him; this is why he went BACK to his original style for this fight.
That's what he said but nothing in the fight indicated that he was doing anything different or unusual that can be specifically blamed for getting caught. He didn't get sloppy or wild or "play with fire" or take any big risks. Prior to getting TKO'd we were en route to a performance that was routine Mousasi. Only difference is that he got kicked in the face and finished. There wasn't anything to change or tone done from the Hall fight and it looks like he's trying to dress that up as something it wasn't to explain why he "coasted" against Leites.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back