Gegard Mousasi would drop to 185 for Anderson fight

He really does need to know wrestling and how to mix it up if he wants to pose a real challenge to JJ

He's pretty good at escaping and has some pretty good TDD as well. I think those aspects are more suitable to hone than training takedowns against Jones. He won't take him down - his chance is being the better boxer, train to avoid the ground and KO Jones.

Mousasi would be the best striker Anderson has faced.

Anderson would obviously be the favourite and would probably win, but that fight has the potential to be one of the best striking matchups we've ever seen in the UFC.

So f*cking move down to 185 and call him out. Chael Sonnen's right. How many of these guys pretend like they want to fight Anderson but won't cut back on the sweets and/or fight their way to the title and/or lobby hard for the fight?

A rematch with Lombard would be great for the number 1 contender.

He's not overrated, he just fights like he's fighting in Japan. You can't fight like that in America. You get penalized heavily for being on your back in the US. Besides, against AS, he doesn't have to worry about a smothering wrestler like he did with King Mo. I don't know if you've seen the fights you've mentioned but he battered Mo and took virtually no punishment, but because he did it from his back (which in a way is more impressive) he lost. It was a travesty IMO. It's only in the SPORT of MMA where top control trumps damage. Against Jardine, he also battered him but came to a draw 1) because he was deducted a point, and 2) because in the SPORT of MMA takedowns trump damage.

He's not overrated. he just puts damaging his opponents above scoring points with the judges.

People seriously exaggerate that Mo fight and it's getting annoying. Gegard Damaged from the bottom in one round (round 2 I beleive) he proceeded to gas himself put by throwing so many punches from the bottom. The rest of the fight he just laid on his back not doing much.

So f*cking move down to 185 and call him out. Chael Sonnen's right. How many of these guys pretend like they want to fight Anderson but won't cut back on the sweets and/or fight their way to the title and/or lobby hard for the fight?

This isn't surprising to be honest. This is a guy who has already admitted to not training that much at all. So of course he doesn't want to put in the work that it would take to earn a shot at Anderson.

gegard didn't want to be on his back against mo, he just ended up there because he was helpless to defend it. his objective was to keep it standing. and honestly, the standup was closer than i would have thought it would be.

that said, he destroyed jardine.

I would love to see it! Though there's is match ups for Mousasi at 205 that I really want to see, I think he would be better suited for middleweight.

At least he's willing to change weight to get the fights he wants. Maybe Anderson should take note.

At least he's willing to change weight to get the fights he wants. Maybe Anderson should take note.

At least Anderson is willing to train for his fight and not gas midway through. Gegard should take note.

Also Anderson has fought at 170,185, and 205 so I don't see your point. He's also beat ranked fighters in every weight class something Gegard has yet to do in his own weight class.

Well, Rashad said he would move down to fight Anderson too. Anderson said he would move up to fight Mir. Jones said he wouldn't find Rashad. Its all hot air until somebody does it. And for the record, I think Mousasi would definitely fight Anderson, but I'm not sure a guy deserves props just for saying the words.

At least Anderson is willing to train for his fight and not gas midway through. Gegard should take note.

Also Anderson has fought at 170,185, and 205 so I don't see your point. He's also beat ranked fighters in every weight class something Gegard has yet to do in his own weight class.
Anderson pushed hard for a GSP fight without any intention of going down to WW to go after it. You want a fight you do the legwork to make it happen. That's my point.

I don't think Mousasi can cut that much weight anymore...but who knows. Also, he said repeatedly over the past couple y ears he wanted to fight at HW as well and usually said nothing about MW. He doesn't want to drain himself anymore and i don't blame him. I think he has at least added some muscle mass and he is getting to the point in his career where it doesn't make sense to kill himself to make weight when he is very competitive at LHW.

I do not think Weidman should wait. I think he should get the next shot. As for Belfort I'd love to see a rematch and thats all. In AS- Bisping fight I ahve no interest whatsoever. When did Lombard became a challnger btw? Isnt he like 1-1 in the UFC? Where does that put him according to your precious rankings? 2-3 fights away from AS? apply the same standards would ya

That said I still think 3 fights are too many.

Considering that the Boetsch loss wasn't decisive, and Hector had a huge winning streak before that, I would give him the shot if he beats Okami decisively. MAYBE he would need 1 more fight, but only if another contender is on the horizon.

I think Weidman needs 1 more fight for sure. If Anderson fights him coming off surgery, that gives room for excuses when Weidman gets finished (although Anderson fought Lutter 3 months after knee surgery, and still got flak despite finishing Lutter).

that said, he destroyed jardine.

Once again, so what? Jardine went on to MW where he was KO'd by one fighter and utterly dominated on the ground by another. He's been KO'd/TKO'd six times in his career. He fought Mousasi on one week's notice and survived and even got a few TDs. I wouldn't brag too much about that fight if I were a Mousasi fan.

Anderson pushed hard for a GSP fight without any intention of going down to WW to go after it. You want a fight you do the legwork to make it happen. That's my point.

And what leg works has Gegard done? He's made a statement about what he would do but actions speak louder then words. You want to fight Anderson? Drop down and do the work necessary to get it.

Put Him against Lombard or Weidman for the title shot.

Once again, so what? Jardine went on to MW where he was KO'd by one fighter and utterly dominated on the ground by another. He's been KO'd/TKO'd six times in his career. He fought Mousasi on one week's notice and survived and even got a few TDs. I wouldn't brag too much about that.

lol...once he knew he was outclassed(which was vvery early), he ran from Mousasi...tougher to ko someone who is in 100% survival mode(fighting 101)...

In laymans terms- IF Jardine had his proper camp, he would've stood with Mousasi and got ko-ed for his efforts....like he did with Rockhold..

Back