Media Gegard Mousasi to fight at welterweight? also wants Ryan Bader fight

I'd love to see Moose vs Bader, hopefully they can make it happen.

I won't hold my breath of Mousasi ever fighting at 170.

I have more interest in him fighting HW than 170.

It'll be interesting to see what they do, assuming he gets by Rafael. Offer him more to fight Bader or look for opponents for him at 85? Only three fights left on that contract, I'm curious to see where he goes next.

Pretty sure he is going to fight Bader if he beats Lovato Jr.

Mousasi wanted to step in against DC, Rumble, etc. Dude does not care at all.

Make the Badger fight, WW has the tournament already so he can wait for the winner.

Lovato is gonna beat him

Lovato is gonna beat him
Lovato's great but I have a really hard time imagining that. Lovato striking still looks like it's in slow motion, and I don't think submission grappling would give him the skills he'd need to take Mousasi down reliably.

Lovato worlds best kept secret at 185- gegard must not overlook. That said, hopefully he defends and let's get that bader fight in - all goes well * champ champ with 1 fight left on contract.

Never heard gegard talk welter (since he was 17-19,20). Wow.
Gegard the man - can you imagine:
Champ champ champ champ - holy fucks.
realistically can see him champ from mw, lhw or hw at bellator.

Ultimately hes still, unbelievably, only 33 and just as unbelievable shows little mma mileage. I'd like to see him go back to UFC for unfinished business (only fighter to leave ufc on 5 fight stoppage streak[ 4 stops, 1 lopsided beatdown] )- even for 1 fight (185 title fight). I know not likely but you never know.

#gegardhumbleasusual

Lovato's great but I have a really hard time imagining that. Lovato striking still looks like it's in slow motion, and I don't think submission grappling would give him the skills he'd need to take Mousasi down reliably.
i just see lovato catching him in a submission from a scramble or if he gets a takedown somehow when gegard is off balance.

just how i see it. probably wrong but we'll see

Judging from her reaction when he said he'd fight at 170 she doesn't know anything about his career or maybe even MMA in general. Mousasi saying he'd fight at 170 is nuts. He stated a few years ago he walks around between 215-225, and being a legit 6'1". No way--he'd look like the machinist.

Lovato may be the world's best 35-year old with only 9 fights...but, well, read that sentence a few more times. And his best wins are Salter and an ancient Gerald Harris?

I saw him in San Jose after the Rory fight and he said the same thing. Basically he thought, if Lima can cut to 170, I can too. Although Moose looked bigger than Lima in-person.

Back