Gegard Mousasi on Loss to Jacare: "I Wasn't In The Mood For Fighting."

But your post hasn't been edited. So you saw that someone already made the comment before you even hit the reply button to begin typing.

If a certain amount of time has passed between when you post and when you edit, it will show up as "edited". If you do it almost immediately, it will show up without the edited mark.

He's plainly stating that he didn't have the heart or motivation to fight.

Anyone who is involved in any kind of athletics understands that after doing the same thing for many years, sometimes it's difficult to get up in the morning and do it all over again. Some people don't get burned out, but others do. People are different, and are affected by these things differently. Just because one fighter never gets burned out doesn't mean that everyone else could be like him if only they tried harder.

Fighting (just like many intense sports) is difficult not only on your body, but also on your mind. Anyone who doesn't understand this probably hasn't been in this situation before.

Oh, and in this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWbfGvR9gko ) he elaborates that when he says "fight less" he means he wants to fight every 4-5 months.

Last edited:
hahah. I love this guy. That excuse is funny.

4udu6b.gif

Gegard never looks like he wants to do anything.

Moose is too loose.

good excuse though. I hope he find another excuse after he lose to henderson.

Did Gegard came back from vacationing in Brazil or something

Brazilians are child's play compared to Mousasi. Waaahhh I'm too big to make 185 anymore (bullshit), waaahhh I didn't train professionally before but I'm gonna now and get way better (bullshit), waaahhhh I wasn't in the mood for fighting (bullshit)!"

He only gets in the mood to fight against lower level competition. He conveniently loses his mood against beasts like Jacare. I'd lose my mood too...

He beat Jacare before. Guess he was in the mood then?

While I don't like the excuses, Mousasi has 40 fights and he's 29. That is a lot of fights. Most 29 year olds have 15-20 fights in their careers.

Damn Moose, that's a weak ass excuse. He would have been better off with his mouth shut.

Gegard better "be in the mood to fight" when he squares off with Dan Henderson. Because that H bomb will be thrown at least 3 or 4 times throughout the match. If he doesn't use his kickboxing and stay active, Hendo will land that H bomb guaranteed.

He's plainly stating that he didn't have the heart or motivation to fight.

Anyone who is involved in any kind of athletics understands that after doing the same thing for many years, sometimes it's difficult to get up in the morning and do it all over again. Some people don't get burned out, but others do. People are different, and are affected by these things differently. Just because one fighter never gets burned out doesn't mean that everyone else could be like him if only they tried harder.

Fighting (just like many intense sports) is difficult not only on your body, but also on your mind. Anyone who doesn't understand this probably hasn't been in this situation before.

Oh, and in this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWbfGvR9gko ) he elaborates that when he says "fight less" he means he wants to fight every 4-5 months.

Or more simply put, lots of people go to work when they don't feel like.

Back