Gegard Mousasi: "I think people underestimate me. I'm going for the UFC belt."

no its just funny no likes jardine and he almost beat this guy that everyone on sherdog is creaming there pants over and jardine didnt even have a training camp

Almost beat Mousasi? That just shows you never watched the fight. Mousasi had a strikes landed advantage of 146 to 21. And a significant strikes landed advantage of 73 to 18. Sometimes stats lie, but in this case, it clearly shows the won the fight outright.

Almost beat Mousasi? That just shows you never watched the fight. Mousasi had a strikes landed advantage of 146 to 21. And a significant strikes landed advantage of 73 to 18. Sometimes stats lie, but in this case, it clearly shows the won the fight outright.

i did watch the fight maybe you should and stop just reading the stats lol

LOL! that is hilarious. But seriously, if this guy has improved on his wrestling, he can be a contender. I heard he was working with Dan Henderson on some wrestling technique. If the Mousasi who fought to a draw with Jardine or lost to King Mo comes to the UFC, then he has no hope.

Is Hendo really the one to help his TD?
Another thing which worried me was his inability to get out from under OSP. I understand King MO, he is as legit as it gets without mentioning Cormier as a wrestler. But OSP was sticking on him way too long.

On a standup level, Mousasi is amazing, he has the insight AS has but doesn't go for the flashy moves. He could though, he times his opponents perfectly. The damage he takes is minimal, even irrelevant and if he can knockdown kyotaro i believe not even JJ is too elusive for him.

you must not use context clues...

you must not enjoy making a fool of yourself. it's a shame too, since apparently it happens so often.

:icon_lol: jardine almost beat mousasi :redface: that's a good one.

I would also like a rematch between Anderson and Vitor. However, answer my question first- look at his last three fights in SF- the loss to King Mo, Draw with Jardine, and subpar performance against OSP. Where was his technical striking in those fights? A lot of people are great strikers, but if they can not stop a takedown, what good is their technical striking? What good is your technical striking if you are damn near exhausted like Mousasi was in the third round against OSP? He would get

slaughtered by Jones. Maybe i am harsh on him, because i was very disappointed in his last 3 SF fights. Anderson would have finished all three guys at 205. Who cares about Anderson's weaknesses? His weaknesses have resulted in him being undefeated for damn near 7 years and the greatest MW of all time. I still can not get the image of Mousasi being schooled by King Mo on the ground. Maybe that is why it might seem i am critical of Mousasi. He is a very good fighter, but he needs to prove it in the Big Leagues against a top 5 guy in the UFC first.

nice deflection! not really, though. why should he answer your question first? he issued the challenge of pointing out technical deficiencies in mousasi's striking, you scoffed at it, but have still yet point out any technical flaws. the poster didn't mention anything about him having exceptional TDD, so i'm not quite sure why you went there. try again

i did watch the fight maybe you should and stop just reading the stats lol

I did watch the fight as you clearly didn't. Your troll attempt is pretty abysmal. At least put some real effort into it.

I like him a lot too, but he isnt top 5 yet, def top 10 I think though.

Hope he does well.

why the hell is everyone using the word abysmal??? It doesnt make you sound any smarter lol smh

Mousasi is defintely elite. Not sure if he beats Anderson or Jones, but at the end of the day, I'm just glad to finally see him in the UFC. I'll sure as hell be rooting for him.

I favor Mousasi against most strikers at LHW and MW including Shogun, Machida, and Gustaff.

However a good wrestler with sub defense is still a nightmare matchup for him. I know Mousasi has been working his wrestling significantly after the Mo fight but it's still far from where it needs to be to face someone like Rashad.

Personally I think Gegard should think about getting a good nutrionist and move back to 185. He's a little undersized for LHW especially with bigger fighters coming in. A fight against Phil Davis, for example, would probably not bode well for him.

why the hell is everyone using the word abysmal??? It doesnt make you sound any smarter lol smh

It really bothers you that much huh. Didn't think using the word abysmal made anyone sound smarter. Maybe in your world it does, but not mine.

It really bothers you that much huh. Didn't think using the word abysmal made anyone sound smarter. Maybe in your world it does, but not mine.

dude you just copied it off the first page of this thread, you didnt even know what it meant haha

Back