Gegard Mousasi Bellator contract done?

Moose signed a 6-fight deal with Bellator and he's fought in Bellator six times. He might be due to re-up.

Just a thought: with Izzy chasing the 205 crown, why not bring in Mousasi to fight Whitaker for the interim MW belt, or at least top contender status?

Moose left the UFC b/c he wasn't getting a title shot with the division so crowded (back then) with contenders, despite winning 5 straight. But now the very top of the MW division is thin and Moose would probably jump back to the UFC if he knew beating Whitaker would get him a belt or a title shot after.

Of course Dana doesn't think Moose is a draw and doesn't like him, so it may never happen.

Does anyone know if Moose signed a contract extension yet w/Bellator?

Think Bellator might have champ clauses aka if you win a belt you gotta defend it a set amount of times. Not fully sure on that but either way Mousasi will stay in Bellator because they are paying him more.

Dude wasnt gonna be a champ ever in UFC, he was wise to choose the money and be a big fish in a small pond

Would normally throw out a like but I'm out. This is a fair and reasonable statement.
I'll even go one further- and basically threw a like based on frustration of reading some mousasi negative responses. Someone said mousasi would run through Israel and I liked it. However , I do believe that mousasi ,stylistically, would absolutely be his toughest fight but Israel would be a betting favorite of close to 2-1 and I think itd be one helluva fight that we will( sadly) never see.

Moose signed a 6-fight deal with Bellator and he's fought in Bellator six times. He might be due to re-up.

Just a thought: with Izzy chasing the 205 crown, why not bring in Mousasi to fight Whitaker for the interim MW belt, or at least top contender status?

Moose left the UFC b/c he wasn't getting a title shot with the division so crowded (back then) with contenders, despite winning 5 straight. But now the very top of the MW division is thin and Moose would probably jump back to the UFC if he knew beating Whitaker would get him a belt or a title shot after.

Of course Dana doesn't think Moose is a draw and doesn't like him, so it may never happen.

Does anyone know if Moose signed a contract extension yet w/Bellator?
He left over pay buddy and bellator paid him more

Haha. My god. Seriously. He’s fun to watch and seems like a good dude. But ppl act like he’s the GOAT. His UFC run was pretty unimpressive.
?? Def had a great ufc run. If youre looking for an anderson silva run with flashy kos and undefeated for ever streak vs every mma style challenger.. You got high standards.

Moose was top 5 and stayed up there had a few wtf losses but the guy has the tools experiance and age to fight anybody and win.

Depends on your definition of success, in the biggest organization when your best win is against a twice brutalized Weidman, it's limited success, at best. Fighting b-tech Middleweights in an incredibly thin division where he's, Viera aside, legitimately faced better WWs, masquerading as MWs given the shallowness of the MW division is a sad end for someone of Moose's talent. Fair play to him and all getting paid better to fight scrubs but while wasting the remainder of his career won't necessarily hurt his legacy but it won't do anything to polish it either, nor push him to the top, or even top 3 of anyone's all time MWs.
That’s just your casual opinion though. Nobody gives a fuck what casuals think about. Mousasi has done more than enough. For some reason you ppl only care about UFC wins like that means shit lol. What do you think Mousasi wouldn’t have gotten the belt if they gave him a shot? If UFC gives him a title fight he wins no problem lol. They just tried to fuck him and he’s too good for that. Fuck the UFC.

Mousasi isn't beating any of the top middleweights, his time has passed - especially when Jacare dominated him.

Maybe in your head he can win though, worth a shot?

COPE

Was not the only one tho...
What up my man gono ?.... you didnt read my, probably poor written, fragment. It finishes only fighter to leave on a 5 fight stoppage streak ( well 4 and the leites prison rape)

In terms of comparative skill sets, the current UFC MW div. is actually more favourable to Mousasi than it was when he left...

moos has like 56 mma fights + kickboxing matches, hes 35
time to retire is now

Mousasi had 2 torn ACL's and 1 year layoff when he came to the UFC. After that he had 2 more injuries. When he was completely healthy he was unstoppable in the UFC. They didn't gave him the title shot because the market is small in Netherlands.

UFC is a circus org. They gave the title shots to old Hendo and retired GSP instead of Mousasi, Jacare & Romero.

I'm glad he left the UFC and went to Bellator tbh.

Coker >>>>>>>>>>> Dana
Bellator gave a title shot to Alessio motherfucking Sakara during Carvalho's reign, they are not above bullshit matchmaking if it means ratings.

Mousasi is awesome .....but he’s not beating Izzy or Robert

Mousasi isn't beating any of the top middleweights, his time has passed - especially when Jacare dominated him.

Maybe in your head he can win though, worth a shot?
Prime jacaré never had a belt because he never had a shot.

Bellator gave a title shot to Alessio motherfucking Sakara during Carvalho's reign, they are not above bullshit matchmaking if it means ratings.
Melvin Manhoef is fighting Corey Anderson......Coker is overrated as fuck

I'd love to see him come back, but I wouldn't have high hopes for him.

Depending on who you ask he was unstoppable during his UFC tenure, but if you ask me his UFC record has aged like a fine jug of milk.

That’s just your casual opinion though. Nobody gives a fuck what casuals think about. Mousasi has done more than enough. For some reason you ppl only care about UFC wins like that means shit lol. What do you think Mousasi wouldn’t have gotten the belt if they gave him a shot? If UFC gives him a title fight he wins no problem lol. They just tried to fuck him and he’s too good for that. Fuck the UFC.
Lol resorting to name calling in lieu of a good argument. Would he have beaten Bisping sure, would he beat Adesanya, no. His best win in Bellator is arguably Lima masquerading as a MW ffs, his best MW win in the UFC is arguably against a shot Chris Weidman. His last legitimate big win at MW was what against Jacare in strikeforce in 2008? His longevity is impressive, fighting and winning at a higher weight is impressive, my key point here though which you’ve done nothing to disprove is that his accomplishments at MW alone are massively overhyped. You can’t argue regency bias when his last big MW win was over a decade ago.

Back