Gegard Mousasi Beats Yet Another Bellator Welterweight Champion, What A Surprise

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by RODNEY83, Oct 30, 2020.

1. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

Gegard Mousasi going around beating up on Bellator Welterweight Champions hahaha hahaha. Mousasi vs Lima fight was just an uncalled for fight. We've seen Gegard Mousasi fight a Bellator Welterweight Champion before and many fans weren't clamoring to see another one of those matchups. Lima vs Larkin again or Lima vs Daley again or a fresh matchup of Lima vs Nieman Gracie or Lima vs Amosov and Mousasi vs John Salter would have been a card with more buzz. Bellator has good fighters, the matchups not being made and the matchups that are being made are a big part of the problem.

David Street likes this.
  2. valetudo school Orange Belt

Lima is one of the best of their roster. Mousasi was on another level that's it.

David Street, BFoe and tehMoose like this.
  3. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

There was no buzz for that fight because no fans were clamoring for it to begin with. That's it.

The XL, Phisher, Rizz and 6 others like this.
  4. josh345 Brown Belt

Lima didn’t do THAT bad. Hell the announcers were saying how Lima was almost Gegards size. Round 4 I gave to Lima and round 3 was 10-10. This was a good win for moose.

5. CorninginChristianburg Blue Belt

I remember you whining a lot years back about how Bellator never matched up their prospects against each other. Hope you're happy now.

savemgs and CinemaKingdom like this.
  6. valetudo school Orange Belt

It's a problem of promoting. Bellator need to adopt new strategies to promote itself. I didn't even knew that Rory fought the Gracie, and that he rematched Douglas Lima until last week.
    They still give they biggest bout on DAZN, and already started to expand in Europe. They really need to consolidate on social media and on the press. I hope so.

careto and RODNEY83 like this.
  7. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

And Bellator still doesn't match up their prospects against each other for the most part. Gegard Mousasi and Douglas Lima aren't prospects, know the difference.

fifinex likes this.
  8. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

Lima lost on two judges scorecards 49-46, meaning 4 rounds to 1. Looking at the fight without listening to the Bellator announce team selling some made up Lima won this round and that round propaganda, Lima won zero rounds. Yes, Lima did that bad because he didn't earn to be fighting for the Bellator Middleweight Title, John Salter has earned that by fighting actual Middleweights in Bellator.

fifinex likes this.
  9. Guffman Purple Belt

After the Rory debacle, you'd have thought Bellator would have learned it's lesson, but no, they go right at it again and diminish the value of their quality WW champion by needlessly throwing him up against Moose. At least it was on a Thursday night and probably very few saw it. Bellator is a basket case marketing wise.

fifinex, Emporio Alnino and Mob69 like this.
  10. CorninginChristianburg Blue Belt

Wow really? You actually thought I was talking about those two? Really doesn't take a genius to tell that I wasn't talking about that fight.

Ruth Johnson. Ruth Amosov. Johnson Eblen. Amosov Storley. Anglickas Polizzi. Anglickas Young. Rosta Gwerder. Edwards Van Steenis. Gonzalez Tokov. Wilson Claxton. And so on...

careto likes this.
  11. tehMoose Black Belt

Lima asked for that fight because he wanted to be 2 division champ. He is one of the best fighters in Bellator and of course Coker made it happen. He was not a bloated WW for this one, he had a lot of time to fill up his frame to be a true MW.

12. biomed190 Orange Belt

It wasn't a bad fight. I gave Round 4 to Lima and Round 5 he was doing ok until the takedown. Rd1 was the only wipeout. Girtz vs Corrales was a good fight too. I was kinda surprised when I realized the fight was on a Thursday. Glad I was able to catch it. I hope they stick to a routine kinda like how LFA is always on a Friday. Bellator isn't super deep but I hope they sign some guys for them to fight. I know Moose wants Salter next which should be pretty good.

13. CinemaKingdom Brown Belt

He won't be. All he does is whine and bash Bellator.

14. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

So in 6 years, Bellator under Coker are just recently having prospects fight each other with Ed Ruth being the one prospect that seemingly will fight anyone. Your statement is weak.

15. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

Many on here bash Bellator, so give that nonsense a rest.

16. Buffmeister If u aint smokey it aint your m'fkin message

On a selling point...
    Mousasi x Lima sounds way way better than Mousasi against Salter or somebody else.

I dont know if i would have did that if i would be Scotty...

Lima wins...and they have a 2 division champ, which sounds great and he would be Bellators poster guy...but what would you do with Mousasi or keep trying to sell him as a big time fighter?...he would have lost his last 2 title fights, against a guy with a 9-0 record at the time and against a guy coming up from WW...

Mousasi wins...he is champ again (and to me Mousasi makes the most sense with a belt around his waist in Bellator for Bellator). And Lima?...well he still is a champion...but the last thing the casual saw was that he clearly lost a decision against a MW. And Bellator must now try to erase this MW loss for his next WW defense, for the casual viewer and get the steam back. You are only as good as your last fight they say...

17. Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

Maybe short-term, long-term it would lead to another 2 divisions being held up by a two division champ in Bellator. Right now they have Patricio holding both FW and LW, busy with the FW GP and the LW div pretty much on hold. Hell, had Nemkov not beat Ryan they could have been looking at 6 divisions being held up by 3 guys. FW all the way to HW, that's insane.

fifinex, Guffman and Buffmeister like this.
  18. CorninginChristianburg Blue Belt

Do you not get the meaning of the statement "hope you're happy now". It implies that a change has occurred. Your reading comp is weak.

19. careto Brown Belt

Lima specifically asked for this fight. Fresh out of winning the WW GP he was on top of the world and many considered him top 1-2 in the world. Lima actually cleaned out Bellator's WW division and had no fresh match ups at WW; he had already beaten Daley, Larkin, Koreshkov, MVP, and MacDonald. Then Lima re-upped his contract with Bellator and specifically asked for this fight, I suspect this fight might have been one of the conditions in his contract for him to re-sign with them. Recently ,Gracie, Larkin, Amosov, have made a good run at the division and presented their case for a title shot, so now it makes sense for Lima to defend at WW against any of them.
    The point is, the Mousasi vs Lima fight made sense when it was announced and it was a great opportunity for either of them to cement their legacy but COVID pushed everything back a couple of months. Now is time for Lima to defend and he will have PLENTY of match ups for him at WW.

20. Falconkick A charming asshole

Although Lima is a beast he is becoming more and more predictable.

fifinex likes this.