Gegard at Middleweight.

*2013 Prediction*

Gegard vs Rashad for the vacant UFC MW Title

Mousasi is a very good fighter... sometimes he is underrated, he is fighting from a lot of years ago and never been knocked out, i am sure that he is top 5 on MW or LHW, but i prefer watching him at LHW, there are some good matchups to him, on MW we can list just Anderson Silva as a good matchup...

I always am weary of fighters who have motivational issues dropping in weight. It seems like he is an average sized LHW now anyways

I doubt that Mousasi can make MW and be 100% anymore. He's at 215 and he's looking skinny, he'd look like a Holocaust survivor if he went back down to 185.

He stated several times that he was 210 before his fight with Kyle and that he needed to cut only 5 pounds to make 205. Have you ever seen Rory when he weighs about 200? Mousasi could and should make the move 185.

He cut about 5 pounds to make weight for his last fight lol.

Wow, I didn't know. He looked bigger to me, but I've re-read the thread, and it seems like yep...only had to cut a little bit of weight for the Kyle fight

Most people underrate Gegard, and they loathe his "hype".

However while I think he'd be top 5 at 185 and top 10 at 205 easily, Anderson would murder him. Just another case of people hyping up a new "Anderson-killer".

Though Gegard would be more competitive than most against Andrrson. Jones, Weidman, Mousasi, Shogun and maybe Lombard are the most interesting fights for Anderson IMO (Gegard and Shogun could make 185 IMO).

Jones straight kills him though.
And you say that based on what?

I'd pick Jones, Sonnen, Davis and maybe Weidman and Okami before Lawal based on the competition that they beat.
Wow...so much here that is laughably wrong.

Jones is a better MMA wrestler than Mo. And Rashad might be as well (Mo used to be Rashad's wrestling coach). But Chael? Okami?!

Okami is not remotely close to Mo as an MMA wrestler. Mo would ragdoll him worse than Chael did - except Mo probably keeps him down. And Mo's GNP is beastly.

Chael got tossed by Maia and taken down by Bisping. Lawal has by faaaar better TDD than Chael. His takedowns are better as well. If they fought, Mo wins easy IMO.

And he'd beat Davis even easier. Davis' standup is Jake Shields level, and he'd never take Mo down. Lawal would kill him on the feet.

Weidman I won't say anything about, Mo is probably better but I haven't seen enough of Weidman to make an informed guess.

Are we talking MMA wrestling or College wrestling?
Phil Davis is more decorated than him in college wrestling for example (NCAA div I champ), and Weidman is just as decorated (NCAA div I 3rd place).
You don't seem to follow amateur wrestling.

Yes Davis had a slighty more decorated college career...but he stopped there.

Mo went on to join Team USA. And he was the top ranked US wrestler for years.

It's the difference between an undergraduate degree and a PhD. To continue the metaphor, Davis might have gotten slightly better grades while they were both undergrads...but he stopped, while Mo went on to postgraduate courses.

when you said that Bisping is an esier fight than Kyle everyone can understand then all your other ideas
Kyle is more dangerous than Bisping, IMO.

Kyle is a huge 205er, hits like a truck, and is quick for his size. He's very athletic and explosive.

I don't see how a 185 Bisping is tougher than a 205 Kyle. Cardio would be the only thing Bisping is better at. Bisping is less threatening than Kyle in every other area I can think of.

Now if we're talking solely 185, then of course Bisping would be better, as hypothetical 185 Kyle would be a skeleton. But 205 Kyle is more dangerous than any version of Bisping.

Bisping talks of KOing HWs in sparring, well if he didn't break his hand Kyle would've KOed Bigfoot for real. Bigfoot would obliterate Bisping.

Kyle also KOed Feijao in their first fight, and Feijao manhandles Bisping with ease.

Now I could be wrong on this, but I'm fairly confident in my assessment. People just don't give Kyle the props he deserves, I guess.

Kyle is more dangerous than Bisping, IMO.

Kyle is a huge 205er, hits like a truck, and is quick for his size. He's very athletic and explosive.

I don't see how a 185 Bisping is tougher than a 205 Kyle. Cardio would be the only thing Bisping is better at. Bisping is less threatening than Kyle in every other area I can think of.

Now if we're talking solely 185, then of course Bisping would be better, as hypothetical 185 Kyle would be a skeleton. But 205 Kyle is more dangerous than any version of Bisping.

Bisping talks of KOing HWs in sparring, well if he didn't break his hand Kyle would've KOed Bigfoot for real. Bigfoot would obliterate Bisping.

Kyle also KOed Feijao in their first fight, and Feijao manhandles Bisping with ease.

Now I could be wrong on this, but I'm fairly confident in my assessment. People just don't give Kyle the props he deserves, I guess.

Michael Bisping at 185, top 5 in rankings is a lot more succesful fighter than Kyle at 205 (not a top 20) , is a nonsense pretend compare the power of two fighter at different weight division, we can only see the results in his respective divisions and Bisping is a more accomplished fighter, only trying to hype Mousasi somebody can said that Kyle is a more dangerous fighter, the same Kyle that beat Cavalcante lost to Olsen, Cole and Brian Olsen plus a draw with Krzysztof Soszynski in a row, is not a bad fighter but is a permanent gatekeeper

Michael Bisping at 185, top 5 in rankings is a lot more succesful fighter than Kyle at 205 (not a top 20) ,
Being ranked top 5 at MW is NOT some great accomplishment (FightMatrix - the best objective ranking system - doesn't even have Bisping top 5, he's #8).

People had Munoz ranked 3 and he was chased out of 205 by Matt Hamill. Munoz improved but was never really all that impressive.

Bisping's only noteworthy win is Brian Stann, who was non-top 20 at 205. Other than that he has no wins of significance. And he was beaten pretty handily by the washed up corpse of Wand.
is a nonsense pretend compare the power of two fighter at different weight division, we can only see the results in his respective divisions and Bisping is a more accomplished fighter,
Um...no its not. Because this entire freakin' discussion is about where Mousasi would rank at 185. Thus you have to translate his 205 wins to 185. And Kyle IMO is a tougher fight, despite being less accomplished.

This is an *absolute terms* discussion here, no P4P. BispIng is better P4P than Kyle, but not in absolute terms.
only trying to hype Mousasi somebody can said that Kyle is a more dangerous fighter,
Haha...I'm very obviously not trying to hype Mousasi, I said he'd be top 10 at 205 not top 5, and that Anderson and Jones both kill him. and I said he could be top 5 at 185, but that's pretty easy to do.

I'm offering about as objective view of Gegard as you will find. He should be top 10 at 205, but unless he fixes holes in his game he will never be top 5. But he could certainly crack 185's top 5, because that's not particularly hard.

I much prefer him at 205... More exciting fights for him!

Shogun
Machida
Jones
Vera
Rashad etc

He needs to work on his TDD. He has the skills to be a top fighter, he just needs to put it all together.

Back