Gegar Mousasi UFC debut

1. It's Gegard not Gegar 2. He was saying that they were the 2 light heavyweights joining the UFC, NOT that they were fighting each other. He actually even said Mousasi was looking for a top 5 matchup, which i believe he deserves.

lol, this makes much more sense.

thankfully joe silva isn't this dumb.

He needs to make an awesome debut, then he can go and hunt the top 5 LHW, he hasnt even fought at UFC and people all of a sudden wants him to have a title shot, i know how good is Mousasi and im a big fan of him, but first things first.

Exactly who has Mousasi beat for him to deserve to fight a top 10? He should face someone like Bonnar or Matyuschenko.

Keith Jardine...no, wait...um King Mo Lawal....wait wait, my bad again.

I hope OSP gets a contract, too. Would be shocking if he doesn't, legit prospect, he'd beat a lot of lower level 205lb'ers in the UFC (Kingsbu, Beltran maybe, Perosh).

Cause Mousasi used to train with Fedor. Therefore all of the people who claim to have watched Fedor in PRIDE (see all 2012 join dates) now associate Mousasi with Fedor and think he deserves better.

Although I agree with your post, I can't agree with the join date thing. It's dumb to associate that with levels of fandom. Like me my join date was last year(I had another account though), yet I've been watching and been a fan since the mid-90's. Hell, my buddy is just as much of a fan and he doesn't even have an account.

As for his debut, I think he should fight Gustafsson.

They just want to introduce him with a big win to get hype rolling.

hmm I was expecting Dana and Joe to give Mousasi a big name for his first UFC fight, like Shogun, or the winner of Vlad vs Bader at least...its quite surprising but the matchup actually makes sense in a way.

Whats also surprising me is that I thought they would ALL give the SF newcomers an established UFC fighter as opponent.

Put that fight on the FX prelims of UFC 159 or Fox 7.

edit : just read that

1. It's Gegard not Gegar 2. He was saying that they were the 2 light heavyweights joining the UFC, NOT that they were fighting each other. He actually even said Mousasi was looking for a top 5 matchup, which i believe he deserves.

thanks for the clarification man

Although I agree with your post, I can't agree with the join date thing. It's dumb to associate that with levels of fandom. Like me my join date was last year(I had another account though), yet I've been watching and been a fan since the mid-90's. Hell, my buddy is just as much of a fan and he doesn't even have an account.

If you don't have a Sherdog account then you don't watch and follow MMA. That's all there is to it...

Can't believe that people still bring up the 'Jardine loss'.

Lulz.

Exactly who has Mousasi beat for him to deserve to fight a top 10? He should face someone like Bonnar or Matyuschenko.

He did beat Hector Lombard, who was treated like the big shit in MW.
He beat the crap outta Keith Jardine, the draw made no sense.
Mark Hunt, Babalu, Jacare, Cyborg Santos. He certanly is more impressive than Brandon Vera and a couple of more Top 10's.

Don't bother with his join date, he didn't post anything until 2011.

TS needs to provide a source because I can't find anything on this.

I have no problem with this. Mousasi has never fought in the UFC before. There IS such a thing as "octagon jitters", not to mention the guy is still young and finding himself (especially weight-wise). This will be a good debut fight just to showcase some of his skill and see how well he'll transition into the UFC.

I'm not sure what the thought process is but it does seem underwhelming.

mousasi will make a name for himself and fight for the title within 24 months.

They should have matched him up with a Guss or Phil davis type i think .. Throw him into some competition , Not give him a Gimme fight , we all know who Gegard is lol .. Or throw him Shogun , we will find out where he is as-far as the " UFC " brass goes.

On that note should be some exciting future matchups ...

Back