Geez...after reading about Wilder for months

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
....and hearing from boxing forums experts what a glass jawed bum he was I was surprised Deontay even lasted a round.

I had better get my future boxing news from more reliable experts from now on.
From my vantage point I would say that The Bronze Bomber will become one of the greatest heavyweights in history.

He's 30. He is what he is. One of the better heavyweights in a weak field.

....and hearing from boxing forums experts what a glass jawed bum he was I was surprised Deontay even lasted a round.

From my vantage point I would say that The Bronze Bomber will become one of the greatest heavyweights in history.

Yes he will. Keep in mind he hasn't been boxing too long either. He basically had no ammy career.

Ill again point out to you that neary 70% picked Wilder to win.

But he did prove doubters wrong in his abilities to box, take a punch, and go into deep waters.

Ill again point out to you that neary 70% picked Wilder to win.

But he did prove doubters wrong in his abilities to box, take a punch, and go into deep waters.

Box and take a punch, yes; but deep waters, no. Everyone expected Stiverne to crank up the pressure in the 2nd half... but it never came. Not unlike Fury/Chisora 2, the guy with the physical advantages dominated.

2 out of 3 ain't bad, Wlad and Haye beat Wilder and Fury has a shot if he doesn't get dropped too heavily, because I expect him to hit the canvas at some point.

Is this the last shitty thread you're going to make, then?

I'd wait and see before commuting to a statement like that.

He definitely prove some of the criticisms wrong, probably beats Fury, but he gets smashed by wlad.

Is this the last shitty thread you're going to make, then?

I am just being sarcastic about the "boxing experts" on forums.....obviously it takes a higher IQ to understand it.

tumblr_mgtkruwmV01s0jhnto1_500.gif

I've always been pretty realistic about who Wilder is. He did get stopped as an amateur and got dropped by a wannabe journeyman as a pro too. There's also stories of him getting knocked cold in sparring.

Thats why some of us people weren't ready to jump on the bandwagon. He still hadn't been tested at a high level.

Wilder has been handled incredibly well IMO. People say he was moved too slowly but he's been improving while taking those tiny steps up and now he's an american champion. There's all sort of decent B level HWs he can beat up on.

Wlad Klitschko - Decade + reign as champion, smashes all opposition= tomato can in a weak division, will be completely forgotten once dethroned.

Deontay Wilder: throws a 1-2 combination the whole fight and beats a dude that was almost pissing blood: potential GOAT.

Wlad Klitschko - Decade + reign as champion, smashes all opposition= tomato can in a weak division, will be completely forgotten once dethroned.
Thats the curse of dominating a division of shitty fighters.

Deontay Wilder: throws a 1-2 combination the whole fight and beats a dude that was almost pissing blood: potential GOAT.

"Throws a 1-2 combination...." the fight went 12 rounds..... Wilder boxed well as well as used his power. He may not be the next Ali, but he's a solid addition to the HW division.

Thats the curse of dominating a division of shitty fighters.

"Throws a 1-2 combination...." the fight went 12 rounds..... Wilder boxed well as well as used his power. He may not be the next Ali, but he's a solid addition to the HW division.

Sorry, but I think we are going to disagree on this. 30 pro fights in and his 1-2 is servicable at best, his chin is like a welcome mat, and he dumps his punches constantly. I never said he wasn't entertaining, refreshing, or not worth watching. However, the users on this forum, IMO, gave well thought out analysis based in his past performances. And the OP ended his statement that he has potential to be one of the best. He has not shown this so far.

Sorry, but I think we are going to disagree on this. 30 pro fights in and his 1-2 is servicable at best, his chin is like a welcome mat, and he dumps his punches constantly. I never said he wasn't entertaining, refreshing, or not worth watching. However, the users on this forum, IMO, gave well thought out analysis based in his past performances. And the OP ended his statement that he has potential to be one of the best. He has not shown this so far.

His 1-2 is serviceable yet he's KO'd all but one opponent and won an Olympic Bronze medal with it.

He's more than just a 1-2 also. He showed intelligence in the Stiverne fight and the abilty to go 12 at a decent pace.

His 1-2 is serviceable yet he's KO'd all but one opponent and won an Olympic Bronze medal with it.

He's more than just a 1-2 also. He showed intelligence in the Stiverne fight and the abilty to go 12 at a decent pace.

I get your position, but kayo's don't equal good technique. How many puchers have been exposed by the boxer-fighter and runner style? The problem I see with Deontays flaws is that he isn't exceptional in other places to make up for it I.E - being light on the feet, iron jaw, switch foot, etc. etc. Deontay is a counter punchers dream - over commit, low hands, questionable chin. Not a complete package man.

Bronze medal is IMO his greatest achievement so far. If there is a rematch and he wins convincingly then the Stiverne win would be the biggest IMO.

Again, I will enjoy watching him, but potential GOAT? Haven't seen anything for that argument.

I get your position, but kayo's don't equal good technique. How many puchers have been exposed by the boxer-fighter and runner style? The problem I see with Deontays flaws is that he isn't exceptional in other places to make up for it I.E - being light on the feet, iron jaw, switch foot, etc. etc. Deontay is a counter punchers dream - over commit, low hands, questionable chin. Not a complete package man.

Bronze medal is IMO his greatest achievement so far. If there is a rematch and he wins convincingly then the Stiverne win would be the biggest IMO.

Again, I will enjoy watching him, but potential GOAT? Haven't seen anything for that argument.

IF there's a rematch, AND he wins convincingly, then the Stiverne win would be his biggest? What about winning convincingly the first time? That wasn't enough?

IF there's a rematch, AND he wins convincingly, then the Stiverne win would be his biggest? What about winning convincingly the first time? That wasn't enough?

Just waiting to see how Stivernes condition might have affected his performance, that's all.

Wilder is still very raw, and his overall ceiling is likely nowhere near someone like Wlad, but for a guy who started as late as he did and had as many question marks as he did, I think his performance against Stiverne was respectable. This is the HW division, after all, and any decent talent to come up deserves some attention. I think the real future of the division is Joshua or Usyk (once he gets up to HW), but Wilder makes the division more interesting.

Back