1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by Drake, Aug 20, 2015.

1. shunK-1fan Musashi by Decision

[YT]rwbYhvlrQbc[/YT]

2. Thunderflash500 Banned Banned

Gears is the only console game I ever met a lot of cool people playing. Because you'd play with the same people for hours sometimes and everyone talked. Now that can't happen. People just use party chat and only talk to their friends, and a lot of times there is no taking to the evemy at all. You'd really get to know the people you played with. When you had moments of dominating in ways like you said 1 v 4, it felt so great.

By choosing teams it led to interesting matches. Say I dominated with another guy one match. Well next time to make it interesting I would switch teams and this time fight the guy I was just laughing with dominating. Or if one guy was clearly a beast, he'd go on the team with the worst players and you'd see who can over come.

For me, nothing will beat it. Assassination on gow1. Best console online experience ever.

I can think of like ten different interesting people I met in gow. I can't really think of anyone I met in halo or battlefield. People leave to soon. They have party chat. Can't pick teams. And there isn't as much drama. So no real reason to talk to people. It's just killing.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  3. shunK-1fan Musashi by Decision

Same here bro, same here.

4. Fzubek Brown Belt

Yeah Gears of one had a fantastic online.

Once you died, that was it.. and you were put in a lobby with everyone else to watch the game pan out.

You weren't careless and you were really forced to use tactics.. plus the party chat watching the game continue was so fun and refreshing.. such a shame no game uses that and worse that Gears abandoned it.

Gears 2 had such a broken online that I never got interested, so when Gears 3 came out I was so disappointed to see that you could die many times a round and still participate, not fun at all.

5. TheLastSamurai Purple Belt

IMO, Gears of War 1 was the last great online game to come out. I put in so many hours into that game and met so many cool people. Online play just isn't the same anymore due to party chats and people not using their mics.

6. Fijeeto Berserk Belt

I agree.

7. Was Exiled Brown Belt

Yup, online community for GoW was great. Everybody knew everybody and there was mad smack talk

8. Drake Guest

Warzone will forever be my shit. Hope it's in Gears 4...wishful thinking... I think the highest I ranked in WZ on GoW3 was #53.

9. Fijeeto Berserk Belt

4 hours to go!

10. Drake Guest

Installing! :icon_chee

11. Drake Guest

Up & running! Anyone else got it yet?

12. Fijeeto Berserk Belt

Played some Team Deathmatch and King of the Hill last night. My hip fire skills have diminished over the years and its gonna take awhile to get them back to where they were during my glory days.

Anyone have problems with online co-oping the campaign? I can play versus matches but it fails to connect during online campaign.

13. shunK-1fan Musashi by Decision

The multiplayer is so smooooooooth i love it

14. Drake Guest

Started the campaign tonight... Goddamn is it beautiful. I had chills throughout both Kim's death & the first berserker scenes.