Gear Review: Modern Flow Backpack

stlrph

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Full Review (more pictures, a little more text and active links)

Modern_Flow_Backpack_Front_Full.JPG

Technical Specs/Construction:

The pack is 3,100 cubic inches, constructed of 1050 denier Kodra (apparently this stuff is bulletproof) and has two main compartments. The front compartment is intended for your gi and miscellaneous training gear. Within this compartment there is another mesh compartment for smaller items that I usually use for tape and whatever happens to be in my pockets when I train. The other major compartment is at the back. It is not as deep as the front pocket and intended for your laptop, iPad, books, etc

Great review!
I have a little... thing... for backpacks and the likes as an prepper, and as a avid hiker.

This bag is definately someting I could see myself spending on. It looks GREAT, and in my opinion a lot better and more subtle than the Origin mundial backpack you mentioned. I had one, but just didnt like the look, even if it was practical, so I gave it to a guy at the gym that needed a bag. One HUGE problem though... No molle pouches are sold separately. Definately would need to have a couple/ a few different sizes available, as I personally do not want to add apouch that is clearly made out of a different material, or otherwise sticks out in a bad way.
Maybe two different sizes and one adjustable for a waterbottle.

-Schiz

Great review!
I have a little... thing... for backpacks and the likes as an prepper, and as a avid hiker.

This bag is definately someting I could see myself spending on. It looks GREAT, and in my opinion a lot better and more subtle than the Origin mundial backpack you mentioned. I had one, but just didnt like the look, even if it was practical, so I gave it to a guy at the gym that needed a bag. One HUGE problem though... No molle pouches are sold separately. Definately would need to have a couple/ a few different sizes available, as I personally do not want to add apouch that is clearly made out of a different material, or otherwise sticks out in a bad way.
Maybe two different sizes and one adjustable for a waterbottle.

-Schiz

Glad you liked it. There's a water bottle holder on the side opposite the MOLLE pocket. Shoot them an email about the extra attachments, they're great guys and may already be thinking along those lines.

Hey, this looks great. Thank you for the review!

Quick question though! Would you suggest this backpack to someone using it on a motorbike traveling an hour to class and an hour back?

(Need something comfy that doesn't strain the shoulders too much and is possibly rain proof-ish for highway commuting to and from class)

Hey, this looks great. Thank you for the review!

Quick question though! Would you suggest this backpack to someone using it on a motorbike traveling an hour to class and an hour back?

(Need something comfy that doesn't strain the shoulders too much and is possibly rain proof-ish for highway commuting to and from class)

I don't know if it's rainproof but the shoulder, chest and hip straps make it very comfortable.

Great review!!
I too like a well made, practical pack. I have the Origin pack and love it, except for one extremely annoying thing.

The straps are made of a material that allows the straps to slide off your shoulder if you have only one strap over one shoulder. When I'm walking from the parking lot to the gym, I don't want to completely throw the pack on over both shoulders; so I just sling one arm through one strap. It falls straight off; and I find it very annoying.

If that doesn't happen with this pack, I'll be a customer.

Back