Gear prices

fz1

White Belt
Reaction score
Im looking into getting a few pair of shorts and a few rash guards. From searching all the sites you have stuff that cost a lot and stuff thats cheap. Is there really a quality difference from brand to brand. Example hayabusa rash guards are about 55 bucks and you can get just a plain rg for 22 bucks. Im new to the no gi game so i dont know to much about the gear. Does the expensive stuff last longer?

Thanks everyone

Some of the expensive stuff is just expensive for the brand name. Some stuff you actually pay for quality, and the more expensive it is, the better it is.

If you are looking for solid no gi gear at a lower price:
www.cagewalk.com
www.txmma.com/cart

I echo ER3, some of the name brands are over priced, but at the same time some of the cheap stuff doesn't last. Combat Sports usually has middle of the road prices and good quality gear.

As far as rashguards go, I don't feel like I would ever pay 50+ dollars for one. I have some Under Armours that I wear regularly, and I also have a cheap noname one I got at WalMart for like 8 bucks, and it has held up as good as any of my others.

The shorts however, I do feel like you should buy some good ones. Board shorts don't allow a great range of motion if they fit right, and basketball short will get pulled down and just not generally last under constant use for MMA, from personal experience.

Gloves and things like that, I would recommend getting quality from the get go. Nothing worse than buying cheap ass equipment and having to replace it often because it sucks. That being said, quality doesn't necessarily mean the highest price tag when it comes to things like that! KO gloves are fantastic and very reasonably priced, for example.

Just a few of my opinions.

Back