GDR is 22/22 in TDD since last fight with Nunes...

How many times do you think Nunes throws an overhand off a TD feint?
feinting your punches is one thing. Actually shooting for the TD is something else. I dont think Amanda will rassle GDR cause she should win standing.

Hmmmmmm

Hasn't been taken down ONCE since loss to Amanda.

Make of that what you will...

Things are about to get shaky for the champ dawg

she also avoided fighting cyborg for that reason lol

people mention cyborg’s striking but GDR would entertain that... she was worried about the ground and pound.

Very good point that I don't feel is being acknowledged enough TS. She isn't the lackluster wrestler she once was, it seems. I personally feel that Nunes will be able to piece her up on the feet though. If she wants, I think she'll be able to take her down if she wants after throwing combinations-- still though, I definitely wouldn't bet on this fight if I was a betting man. I thought Ladd would defeat GDR also and she very well may prove me wrong again. I really am looking forward to this fight.

Would be funny if this fight looked similar to Ronda - Holy:

Amanda stays on the feet for a while, gets more than she can handle, tries to take GDR down, can not, gets desperate, eats more and more shots... I mean it's hard to see Amanda get's picked apart like that, but almost no one expected Ronda to get it like that too. Would be epic and crazy.

But I think Amanda is too good and strong to get handled like that, after possibly some adversity she will find a way.
I don't think the striking gap between GDR & Nunes is that big, but it's there.

How many times do you think Nunes throws an overhand off a TD feint?
Depends on GDR's chin.

Right, no doubt. It's a difference in style (and GDR high level) that may pose some problems for Amanda, but I dont know, will have wait and see, it's exciting.

Nunes will take her down again and submit her.

GDR by KO rd. 3

I see Nunes expending a lot of energy in rd 2 trying to get the takedown/GnP TKO. If the first fight hadn’t been stopped (GDR wasn’t hurt, she just couldn’t get up) it could have become a completely different fight as Nunes was gassed.

Depends on GDR's chin.
I think you're spot on.
I think GDR has more power than Schevchenko, while possessing a similarly dangerous style matchup for Amanda, as she is more technical on her feet. Conversely, if Amanda can keep her guessing with overhands off the level change, and land a few hard shots in some exchanges, she may have a chance to take her down and finish her there.

I am looking forward to a great kickboxing bout.

I think you're spot on.
I think GDR has more power than Schevchenko, while possessing a similarly dangerous style matchup for Amanda, as she is more technical on her feet. Conversely, if Amanda can keep her guessing with overhands off the level change, and land a few hard shots in some exchanges, she may have a chance to take her down and finish her there.
Nice comparison. At worst I just hope this one makes it out of the first round, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back