GDR is 22/22 in TDD since last fight with Nunes...

Those fights include Pennington, Holm, Ladd, Elmose and Pacheco. I really don’t think your stats says much TS. Only one in that group that has good TD’s are Ladd and she is fairly one dimensional.

What are everyone's thoughts on their first fight? Just watched it and thought it was a bullshit stoppage. Sure Nunes was in full mount trying to elbow GDR, but GDR was blocking like 95% of those elbows. Even when the fight was stopped GDR had the "WTF" look on her face. GDR was definitely in a bad spot but wasn't really getting hit, which is the most important thing. Looked like Nunes was going to blow her wad too going for the finish.

Well, right after the first fight with Nunes GDR did go to the USA for 8/10 months just to train TDD and it helped.

GDR had close to 0 grappling last time they fought. I expect a really good fight this time.

Last edited:
Interesting point, but not sure if it'll matter

View attachment 691593

most media outlets thought Holm out pointed her.

Nunes was the first person to KO Holly in MMA on the feet
giphy.gif
Thats not a ko, son.

GDR said in the panel that Nunes is gonna immediately shoot on her.

Nunes may try to stay on her feet to prove a point... That's GDR's best shot.

Would be funny if this fight looked similar to Ronda - Holy:

Amanda stays on the feet for a while, gets more than she can handle, tries to take GDR down, can not, gets desperate, eats more and more shots... I mean it's hard to see Amanda get's picked apart like that, but almost no one expected Ronda to get it like that too. Would be epic and crazy.

But I think Amanda is too good and strong to get handled like that, after possibly some adversity she will find a way.

Interesting point, but not sure if it'll matter

View attachment 691593

most media outlets thought Holm out pointed her.

Nunes was the first person to KO Holly in MMA on the feet
giphy.gif
Holly has been ko'ed in boxing and kickboxing. gdr hasn't. her only tko is from nunes.
i think it's close like 60/40 or close to 50/50 toward nunes imo. if it goes 5 rounds I'd favor numbers because of the volume and she knows how to play the game better, gdr just wants to fight

GDR is a tough lady and an excellent striker. That said, Nunes is just on a roll. The girl can crack, and I think she gets it done early. She knocked out Holm with ease. She's really come into her own and she just oozes confidence.

I don't think Nunes is losing for a long time. People forget how technically sound she is because she knocks everybody out lately, but ko's need to be set up. It might look wild sometimes but there's a lot of technical shit going on there that most people don't see.

I wouldn't be completely shocked if GDR pulled off the upset. She's an awesome striker in her own right. I still gotta go with Nunes though. She's my hero for getting the job done against Cyborg. I will always route for Nunes.

Hmmmmmm

Hasn't been taken down ONCE since loss to Amanda.

Make of that what you will...

Things are about to get shaky for the champ dawg
Yeah, I've had a 'feeling' GDR may just upset the champ. I even have a little throwaway parlay on her and Colby (along with Muradov and Solecki which won this past weekend). Obviously, GDR doesn't want to get caught by Nunes. Nunes is great and she's strong and can hurt anyone bad with one solid connection, but she gets a little wild during her flurries and leaves her head open, and I think Germaine has the skill to exploit that. There's also the issue of a drop in training motivation when one is the champ and Amanda's been the champ a long time. On the flip side of that, there's something about GDR's demeanor that makes it seem she's in a really good place right now.

GDR outstruck her in 3 rounds in a close fight.
Most of Holms punches were with 'ish-ish-power', while GDR punches were much more powerful (especially those after the bell).
Holy didn't came to fight, she came to clinch and wanted to take GDR to the ground (9 TD attempts).

I think a lot of people are biased. Holm is a fan favorite and those after the bell punches didn't help GDRs popularity.
I bet you wouldn't like some ish-ish upside your head.

Stupid sherdog user: "Man, gdr tdd is great now!!
Regular person: "good for her. But wait, isnt she fighting a striker?"
10 minutes of silence....

Stupid sherdog user: "Man, gdr tdd is great now!!
Regular person: "good for her. But wait, isnt she fighting a striker?"
10 minutes of silence....

The point being missed is that while Nunes is indeed a striker she may have to resort to grappling to beat someone who many consider to be the better striker.

GDR said in the panel that Nunes is gonna immediately shoot on her.

Nunes may try to stay on her feet to prove a point... That's GDR's best shot.
How many times do you think Nunes throws an overhand off a TD feint?

Back