Gazing into the abyss

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

What is your personal example of this?
And does anyone study philosophy or Nietzsche? What’s something interesting I can start with that isn’t too heavy on the thinking or vocabulary lol.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

And does anyone study philosophy or Nietzsche? What’s something interesting I can start with that isn’t too heavy on the thinking or vocabulary lol.

Fun fact, Nietzsche never left the house after age 35 without 2 pairs of sunglasses on. No wonder he saw the abyss all around him.

My example would be working security for drunk people. I started to view them as unpleasant, vindictive animals, which lead to me acting as one.

Nietzsche said that? Holy fuck I didn't realize Goatse was that old

UF1R.gif

Reactions: Zer
Harvey Dent from the TDK is really the only thing coming to my head at the moment

It probably has some truth when it comes to anti establishment politics, when your dealing with ruthless bastards in charge it tends to be only equally ruthless bastards who depose them, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, etc and to a lesser degree Robespierre.

George Washington's most impressive achievement was not turning into a despot, same with Nelson Mandela more recently.

Nietzsche wrote that about Braco the Gazer:

Fun fact, Nietzsche never left the house after age 35 without 2 pairs of sunglasses on. No wonder he saw the abyss all around him.
Yea, he also only had one fucking suit.

How much weed have you smoked lately?

Your making weirdly deep threads lately lol

You know, other sherdog forums are a great example of this.

Like if you decided you needed to go to the war room and educate them on civil debate. Or the heavies, for that matter, or the OT. You will start to behave like them.

i wanted to clean my room and become a lobster.
now i am just recovering from benzo addiction bucko

Yea, he also only had one fucking suit.

If he sidled over to you at the bus stop in his crumpled sweaty suit wearing two pairs of sunglasses and started ranting about the Uber menche....

Just saying, maybe we take what he said with a pinch of salt.

If he sidled over to you at the bus stop in his crumpled sweaty suit wearing two pairs of sunglasses and started ranting about the Uber menche....

Just saying, maybe we take what he said with a pinch of salt.
My thoughts exactly.
Imagine him and Schopenhauer at a bus stop...

I study philosophy but just for my own fun because I like it, I’m not a professional or anything. You might enjoy this lecture though as a place to get started with Nietzsche:

Kyle Rittenhouse shootings showed me down a rabbit hole that got me really agitated. I started to eyeball everyone who looked like an activist with great suspicion and felt pretty unsafe and riled up for few weeks.

I’m a big reader of Nietzsche, since I discovered him as a teenager. It’s tough to recommend an entry point for his work. I suppose I’d recommend The Gay Science (you’ll sometimes see this book called Joyful Wisdom), because it has a lot of short sayings in it that demonstrate his philosophy without getting too heavy. If you prefer to avoid sayings and just read something that covers his philosophy but is shorter, try The Twilight of the Idols.

For me Thus Spoke Zarathustra is his masterpiece. Also, I have this hanging up in my house :)
FE467B9C-6123-4748-A21A-A3C0E960FC8F.jpeg

Back