Gavin Newsom: Thanksgiving dinners should be restricted to outdoors, 2 hours or less, & no singing

If they call it a protest at Thanksgiving dinner and that they are protesting racist they don't got to follow none of those rules, they can sing and dance and all that no problems... pretty neat.

True!

This is so fucking stupid. Everyone should wear a mask when they're not in their domicile and this shit would almost disappear. If these people want to infect each other in the privacy of their own home IDGAF

Yeah, wearing cotton masks from Etsy, that will solve everything.

Baaaaahhhh.

If they call it a protest at Thanksgiving dinner and that they are protesting racist they don't got to follow none of those rules, they can sing and dance and all that no problems... pretty neat.
The WuFlu is a righteous virus that only affects the racists. It is known.

I won't be doing Thanksgiving with my family, my wife and I have jobs where we have to interact with a lot of people. I'm not killing my parents to eat a fucking turkey.

Pretty much the same way if someone came to Thanksgiving unknowingly with the Flu and they died from that. I also wonder how I would feel if I did everything the government asked and stayed away on the holidays leaving them alone and they passed away before I had another opportunity to see them in person and spend time with them.

Unless your gramps and grams are mentally unable to make a decision on whether to take that risk or not it should be up to them on whether they want their family around them or not, not the governments or their neighbors or anyone else for that matter.

This is a very fair assessment

But at the same time I see much older people at the gym I go to every week working out. They wear masks and social distance but they are still putting themselves at risk just like the rest of us. Anytime you are around a group of people or out in public you are putting yourself and others at risk. You can hide from people and even the law but you can't hide from a virus even with all the precautions. Doesn't mean people shouldn't take precautions (especially those in bad health or weak immune systems) but vaccine or no vaccine, you are putting yourself at risk every time you step out the door.

COVID is no joke. Known several people who've had it and they said it was the sickest they had ever been. And these were pretty healthy people. But it's just hard for me to take Newsom seriously after watching him support thousands of people protesting during a 'deadly' pandemic but shutting down everything else. Yes, it's easier for viruses to spread indoors than outdoors but still. That many strangers being so close together in the "deadliest virus outbreak we have seen in years" and him supporting it, makes not a lick of sense.

Just my two pennies. Not looking to argue or anything. Your post was good

This is a very fair assessment

But at the same time I see much older people at the gym I go to every week working out. They wear masks and social distance but they are still putting themselves at risk just like the rest of us. Anytime you are around a group of people or out in public you are putting yourself and others at risk. You can hide from people and even the law but you can't hide from a virus even with all the precautions. Doesn't mean people shouldn't take precautions (especially those in bad health or weak immune systems) but vaccine or no vaccine, you are putting yourself at risk every time you step out the door.

COVID is no joke. Known several people who've had it and they said it was the sickest they had ever been. And these were pretty healthy people. But it's just hard for me to take Newsom seriously after watching him support thousands of people protesting during a 'deadly' pandemic but shutting down everything else. Yes, it's easier for viruses to spread indoors than outdoors but still. That many strangers being so close together in the "deadliest virus outbreak we have seen in years" and him supporting it, makes not a lick of sense.

Just my two pennies. Not looking to argue or anything. Your post was good
I do understand your point as well. I've had Covid. No symptoms other than a general run down feeling. Tested positive though for two consecutive weeks.

When you factor in all the myriad things that can kill you outside your house you can decide to never leave again or be sensible, take precautions and live as much of your life as you can.

I feel like like such an uncultured swine for not having caroling at Thanksgiving. What the heck are you all singing anyway? :(

Will people be arrested if they eat Thanksgiving dinner with their families indoors? Ten to twenty year sentence, maybe?

Back