Gavin Newsom: Thanksgiving dinners should be restricted to outdoors, 2 hours or less, & no singing

I don't get you people

How would you feel if you brought the virus to Thanksgiving dinner and Gramps and Grama ended up dying because of you ?
Freedom > safety

founding fathers risked their lives for freedom.

Do the same

This is so fucking stupid. Everyone should wear a mask when they're not in their domicile and this shit would almost disappear. If these people want to infect each other in the privacy of their own home IDGAF
I'd say 95% of people I see in a building in public are wearing a mask.

I don't know what about this Sherdoggers think is a joke, but here's the trajectory of infections since the start of September:
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...=2020-09-01..latest&country=~USA&region=World

Take it seriously.
People are going to do whatever they want regardless of what Newsom says anyway. Lord knows he will too. I'm willing to bet that he's a around a whole gang of people on Thanksgiving. Wouldn't expect anything less from a guy who has kept his winery open since the beginning of all of this.

BLM is rioting in the streets and putting themselves at risk for what they "think" is freedom from oppression, and all the experts support them

But when a republican tries to exercise their freedom they get shamed.
the right to assemble is constitutional

BLM is rioting in the streets and putting themselves at risk for what they "think" is freedom from oppression, and all the experts support them

Holy victim card batman!

• Gatherings should be two hours or less. The longer the duration, the risk of transmission increases.
Rules for Singing, Chanting, and Shouting at Outdoor Gatherings

• Singing, chanting, shouting, and physical exertion significantly increases the risk of COVID-19 transmission because these activities increase the release of respiratory droplets and fine aerosols into the air. Because of this, singing, chanting, and shouting are strongly discouraged, but if they occur, the following rules and recommendations apply:
    • All people who are singing or chanting should wear a face covering at all times while singing or chanting, including anyone who is leading a song or chant. Because these activities pose a very high risk of COVID-19 transmission, face coverings are essential to reduce the spread of respiratory droplets and fine aerosols;
    • People who are singing, shouting, chanting, or exercising are strongly encouraged to maintain physical distancing beyond 6 feet to further reduce risk.
    • People who are singing or chanting are strongly encouraged to do so quietly (at or below the volume of a normal speaking voice).
  • Instrumental music is allowed as long as the musicians maintain at least 6-foot physical distancing. Musicians must be from one of the three households. Playing of wind instruments (any instrument played by the mouth, such as a trumpet or clarinet) is strongly discouraged.

This is surreal lol

Who are the fascists again? Who are the authoritarians again?

Around Xmas the government will tell us to put cotton balls in our nose, wear N95 masks, and goggles at dinner and family gatherings
And by labor day we'll only be allowed to breath our own farts via tube running directly to our asshole.

You really can't make this up...

Is any political leader condemning the riots in Philadelphia now, and lecturing them about social distancing?

No.

What a joke

• Gatherings should be two hours or less. The longer the duration, the risk of transmission increases.
Rules for Singing, Chanting, and Shouting at Outdoor Gatherings

• Singing, chanting, shouting, and physical exertion significantly increases the risk of COVID-19 transmission because these activities increase the release of respiratory droplets and fine aerosols into the air. Because of this, singing, chanting, and shouting are strongly discouraged, but if they occur, the following rules and recommendations apply:
    • All people who are singing or chanting should wear a face covering at all times while singing or chanting, including anyone who is leading a song or chant. Because these activities pose a very high risk of COVID-19 transmission, face coverings are essential to reduce the spread of respiratory droplets and fine aerosols;
    • People who are singing, shouting, chanting, or exercising are strongly encouraged to maintain physical distancing beyond 6 feet to further reduce risk.
    • People who are singing or chanting are strongly encouraged to do so quietly (at or below the volume of a normal speaking voice).
  • Instrumental music is allowed as long as the musicians maintain at least 6-foot physical distancing. Musicians must be from one of the three households. Playing of wind instruments (any instrument played by the mouth, such as a trumpet or clarinet) is strongly discouraged.

This is surreal lol

Say hello to the next Dem candidate for POTUS in '24.

People are going to do whatever they want regardless of what Newsom says anyway. Lord knows he will too. I'm willing to bet that he's a around a whole gang of people on Thanksgiving. Wouldn't expect anything less from a guy who has kept his winery open since the beginning of all of this.

Yup....do as I say...not as I do.

How would you feel if you brought the virus to Thanksgiving dinner and Gramps and Grama ended up dying because of you ?
I'll answer the question. Gramps and Grama also have a decision to make... is their health worth the risk of hanging out with other people? If the answer is no, then they should lie low and sit this one out. They don't need the government to tell them what they should do via unenforceable edicts however. If Newsom wants to make suggestions, that's one thing, but to act like he's forbidding or banning anything is a joke. He even knows that he can't; so maybe he should stop acting as if.

How likely are gramps and grama to go out in public otherwise? Do they go to the store? Do they go out in public spaces? If the answer is yes, then they probably have no qualms about hanging around the fam for a day. Nobody wants to infect anyone of course, but grown adults have to make decisions that are best for them.

Its going to be a dark 2021 when Biden is elected and the lockdowns and restrictions deepen. Makes me worried tbh.

I don't get you people

1) The risk is low

2) People that concerned about getting it will likely stay home anyway.

3) People tend to want to have their freedom of fucking choice in their free country.

Back