Gatti Would Be a Top WW Today

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Gatti had real boxing skills and more than enough heart to stand with anyone. He works Danny,Keef, Spence and TC, Pac and Porter be the only 2 that I would pick over him. He get the W over the rest.

Too small. Was a natural lightweight. And the only thing he’d have going for him is work rate.

It’s not like he’s in the HOF for being a great fighter either, he’s in for having great fights(4 FOTY) and being a warrior.

If size was equal, he’d always have a chance due to his heart. But he lost to the best he faced really

Hey, why you gotta do my boy Joey like that? C'maaaaaahn......

I love Gatti but why 147? Did you see how tiny he looked against De La Hoya?

Anyway, all those guys you mentioned would hurt Gatti pretty bad

He would not touch Bud, not even at the lowest of weight.

I love Gatti but why 147? Did you see how tiny he looked against De La Hoya?

Anyway, all those guys you mentioned would hurt Gatti pretty bad

140 is a Dead Division right now. He and Mikey would make a Great fight though. Loma pieces him up but I think he could get to TC.

But even so I think he could give Danny and Keef at fight at 147. Danny could lay his traps for the big left but Gatti would put a few on him before that and make Danny back up to much. Keef would fall in love with his power shot and all Gatti to walk right though them and bust his ass up worst than Porter did.

140 is a Dead Division right now. He and Mikey would make a Great fight though. Loma pieces him up but I think he could get to TC.

But even so I think he could give Danny and Keef at fight at 147. Danny could lay his traps for the big left but Gatti would put a few on him before that and make Danny back up to much. Keef would fall in love with his power shot and all Gatti to walk right though them and bust his ass up worst than Porter did.

You think he could get to TC? Tell me how this happens.

Regis Prograis is the king at 140 right now, he would beat Gatti pretty easily IMO. Jose Ramirez does as well.

I'm still baffled that you think he could beat TC. How would Mikey give him fits (who has a very basic predictable style) but not TC, who is fundamentally just as sound and responsible yet 100 times more talented and creative?

You think he could get to TC? Tell me how this happens.

Regis Prograis is the king at 140 right now, he would beat Gatti pretty easily IMO. Jose Ramirez does as well.

I'm still baffled that you think he could beat TC. How would Mikey give him fits (who has a very basic predictable style) but not TC, who is fundamentally just as sound and responsible yet 100 times more talented and creative?

Brute Force.

Mikey would meet head on like Ward but TC would get caught trying to be crafty. Gatti knew boxing and could see the tricks that TC would try and know when to step it up. TC would get the rds but also hurt at the same time.

He could have killed Gamache that night.

That’s a scary fucking fight to watch.

I actually think he could rule 135. 140 he'd probably be one of the belt holders. Can't imagine he'd do much at 147.

I actually think he could rule 135. 140 he'd probably be one of the belt holders. Can't imagine he'd do much at 147.
. Lomanchenko would be fun. He’s not backing gatti up- clearly more skilled than Arturo, but fun matchup.

. Lomanchenko would be fun. He’s not backing gatti up- clearly more skilled than Arturo, but fun matchup.
No way would lomachenko beat the Gatti that stretched Gamache. People can laugh at that if they want but Gatti would have a huge size and power advantage.

You know, rethinking it- he probably would match up pretty weil with everyone at 140 too.

this is the gatti who got knocked out by Angel Manfredy and lost twice to Ivan Robinson?

Or a different one?

Gatti had real boxing skills and more than enough heart to stand with anyone. He works Danny,Keef, Spence and TC, Pac and Porter be the only 2 that I would pick over him. He get the W over the rest.

No way would lomachenko beat the Gatti that stretched Gamache. People can laugh at that if they want but Gatti would have a huge size and power advantage.

People forget that Gatti used to cut from 160 at time and still make 140.

Wasn't the size advantage one of the factors in losing to Salido? We're talking about a guy who was a huge 135 pounds vs a guy who is topping out at the weight. Gatti by KO.
Gatti would be the B-side. He won't be able to low blow him and lead with the head like Salido was doing even if he wanted to. Gatti is a C level fighter just like your favorite fighter said about him. Floyd was right. He lost every time he stepped up to the genuine elites which made him a glorified gatekeeper. Fun as hell to watch but he isn't beating the top guys at 135-147. He has a puncher's chance and that's it.

Gatti would be the B-side. He won't be able to low blow him and lead with the head like Salido was doing even if he wanted to. Gatti is a C level fighter just like your favorite fighter said about him. Floyd was right. He lost every time he stepped up to the genuine elites which made him a glorified gatekeeper. Fun as hell to watch but he isn't beating the top guys at 135-147. He has a puncher's chance and that's it.
Lomachcnko lost to a b-side before.
Gatti beats him with pressure, power and body punching.

Back