Gathje vs Vick hype thread! Who else is pumped for this fight? Needs more hype IMO !

I'm watching more footage of Vick and Vick likes to kick too.

Don't know if it's good for Gathje to keep this fight at range

He should smoother Vick IMO. Get all the way in. Don't be at range to get picked apart by kicks and don't stay at mid-range to box with him

Gathje's ability to leg kick in close is a huge advantage in this fight IMO

Also, I wonder what would happen if Gathje used his wrestling and if Gathje can dirty box well.

I think that right out of the gate Gathhe should take the center and press Vick. Smoother him, dirty box, elbows, and leg kicks in tight.

Level change as he steps in and look to come up over the top with hooks to catch Vick, and use that to punch into clinch and dirty box etc

This is a possible gameplan for Gathje

Vick is def the favorite though

Really excited for this fight. As I said, im excited every time there's a LW fight

Vick doesn't seem to throw much combos from what little i have seen so far.

Gathje could actually end being well off boxing in mid range; punch with Vick, catch and shoot and respond with combos for every 1 Vick punch

This might actually be good for Gathje

Gathje has to level change as he steps in (to pre-emptively duck any return fire) and come up over the top with hooks on the taller opponent. Stay planted and in range, punch with Vick and respond with combinations to every 1 Vick punch

Really pumped for tonight's fight

Vick is vulnerable in close with hooks coming up over the top. Being so tall for LW he has to punch down which takes away his reach and he's always so up right

Gaethje fighting in the same way he's always fought is actually going to benefit him in this matchup

Punch into range and throw those hooks over the top. Vick is there for it.

I feel Gathje can reslly pull off the KO here if Vick can't control range and or counter him (Vick can counter some what decently)

Watched a few Vick fights and forgot he is 6 foot 3, giant for the division.

Now this is a thread I can get behind!

Love Gaethje and his ill-advised fighting style, and love this matchup.
Get hype!!!!!!!!!

All hail the CTE- uh, I mean the Just Bleed God.

I will be there live so....

LETS GET THIS SHIT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

Vick by headkick Gathje to use a dribble cup after this fight...

Tough fight for Justin. Must watch tv for sure.

After someone posted that footage of James Vick looking like Luke Rockhold from the weight cut, I'm feeling hopeful that we get to see Justin Gaethje obliterate this lanky bean-headed tosser.

A Gaethje thread without tons of gifs? I have to fix this

gaethje-wall-leg-kick-comp-2.gif

gaethje-wall-leg-kick-comp-2.gif

MiniatureDentalBlackpanther.gif

GiftedCourteousCockroach.gif

34a70d_cbe831a9adc94c3cb7459b9c071aec8f~mv2.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif

DismalFaithfulChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

UnknownWarpedHectorsdolphin.gif

I also found this amazing gif while looking for Gaethje's gifs
UkTbHV.gif

Gaethje or no one else for that matter enjoys fighting someone like this who clearly has a size advantage in every way above you. Daunting is putting it lightly.

If Gaethje pulls this off in style he will have my undying respect.

Man, LW is such an incredibly deep, stacked, talent-rich division when someone as talented as Vick is rightfully ranked #15. LW is just too stacked lol

LW is a division stacked to the brim with legit elite talents and killers, where even match ups outside the top 5 and top 10 at LW are still great match ups between legit talents

LW=greatest deepest division in MMA history

I'm excited for this fight. I'm always excited for LW fights. LW fights are the most skilled fights in MMA bar none

Pulling for Gathje!

Let's show this fight some love!
Hoping Justin sticks the backflip landing.... dont fall off the cage again

AC365A7A-7762-434A-AF29-DBB0A74E656B.jpeg

I’m here live and caught the golden snitch

Excited for this fight hoping for a Gathje win.

Back