Gastelum vs Woodley...who yours pick? and How?

cheequee

White Belt
Reaction score
I think its a coin flip but going for Gastelum, dudes striking looks better and better each fight and like Woodley he's got a solid wrestling base.

Gastelum via TKO in the 2nd

gastelum ko first round. Gastelum rushes tyrone, tyrone freezes up and gets tkoed like this

tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif

I see Gastelum taking this by dec

Gastelum, mostly just hoping for a good fight though.

Woodley ducked Lombard and didn't show up vs Rory so I hope Gastelum wins to shake things up.

Kelvin takes it BBBBBUUTTT Woodley has a chance if Gastelum stumbles. He a "Young Cain" but even "Grown Cain" got caught by Jds.

Gastelum, I don't see much in the guy but he seems to never lose.

Gastelum should outwork and break Woodley.

"The Frozen One" will appear on the cage after Gastelum lays some heavy pressure on him and gets a TKO.

Have been underestimating Gastelum in his last fight but will still go with Woodley. He is stronger and the better wrestler. But it's no lock by any means.

I think Woodley wins, I thought story beat him too.

Then again I thought Ellenberger would beat him so what do I know.

Woodley is too defensive like always and Gastelum applies pressure(as always)
Tyrone tries to counterpunch, especially with that straight right and Gastelum outworks him.
Both are good wrestlers, so there won't happen too many takedowns.
Gastelum is a lot more hitable though, which is Woodley's chance. Kevin is overrated nowadays because of his streak.

Woodley freezed against Rory because he was sitting at the cage with no room and tried to counterpunch a taller guy with longer reach and better footwork with a good defense.
Which just doesn't work.

I just hope Woodley catches Gastelum before he gets tired.

Last edited:
Gastelum. Dong came in with a horrible gameplan & nothing about that fight said that "Tyron Woodley is back!!" as Goldberg screamed.

Woodley backed up into the fence to setup a takedown or big overhand right, like he always does. Dong charged straight into it & ended up limp on the floor.

If Gastelum sees what I'm guessing mst intelligent fighters do, he will see Woodleys game. Once you take away his back up to the fence thing, he doesn't have much. Rory looked like he would have eventually finished him had the fight continued. If this fight was 5 rounds it would be more of a sure thing, but still Kelvin(that name seems wierd to me)

Gastelum takes it.. It seems he has solid chin and also seems having well rounded skills, getting better and better each fight.

And he's on a roll, I am really curious, who can stop him..

Woodley is very dangerous opponent though..

Back