Gastelum vs Adesanya rematch

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rematches often seem to turn out completely different...

Who do you think would improve his game plan the best and come out on top?

I think it's not unlikely at all that Gastelum starches Adesanya with a beautiful mix of pressure striking and wrestling. Combined with that concrete chin

Gas will make his way back to a title fight.

Rematch, or not - it's going to happen.

Costa v champ.

Gastelum v Whittaker.

If Gastelum wins, no one will doubt his next title shot opportunity.

Assuming Gas wins next month of course.

Israel will be a decent size (mild to healthy) favorite. His evolution from fight to fight cant be denied.

Franklin U. Line ( if gas gets by till) :
Izz -220
KG +180

I wonder if people will stop over rating Gastelum if he loses to Till.

I'm the biggest Kelvin fan, and I was rooting hard for him in that fight. That being said, it was clear that Izzy got his timing on him in the second, and was comfortably outstriking him in 2, 3 and majority of 4 (till the headkick wobbled him and won KG the round). 5th was pure destruction by Adesanya.

If they were to fight again, Adesanya would be a heavy fav, and rightfully so. I can't think of anything Kelvin could do different, and it was pretty clear he was outskilled in there (not by an absurdly high margin though).

My money is on Izzy, easy.

Kelvin's wrestling was definitely under utilized in the first fight.

He was beating Adesanya before he started slowing down. His head movement and counters were perfect in the first round. With some better cardio and better gameplan i think he can win this fight.

In a recent interview Kelvin claims he was super sick which explains his fading.

I think he's one of those guys that's in between weight classes. He should probably fight at 177 or so

Either way, the Til fight won't get him the rematch. Maybe after that he can fight Bobby Knuckles

MW is hopping with matches for the New Champ I can wait for a Gasman rematch, who knows maybe Thaigo Silva might be tempted to go back down and take a easy MW belt than to face Jones again...?

In a recent interview Kelvin claims he was super sick which explains his fading.

I think he's one of those guys that's in between weight classes. He should probably fight at 177 or so

Either way, the Til fight won't get him the rematch. Maybe after that he can fight Bobby Knuckles
Seems to make it work at MW, or well, we'll see it in the Till-fight

Rematches often seem to turn out completely different...

Who do you think would improve his game plan the best and come out on top?

I think it's not unlikely at all that Gastelum starches Adesanya with a beautiful mix of pressure striking and wrestling. Combined with that concrete chin
Gastelum gets KO'd within 3 rounds. Izzy is getting better.

IF they rematched, Izzy will win this one and I don't think it'll be close this time.

You're on to something here :)

Leading question: how much earlier would he have started slowing down if he didn't under utilize his wrestling?
That solely depends on how successful he is with the takedowns. If he gets on top, Adesanya would be the one gassing out. If Kelvins takedowns were stuffed, he would be the one gassing out while making the attempts. Kelvin knows how to wrestle well. Just look at some of his earlier fights. Unfortunately it seems hes forgotten his roots and he'll go down as one of the many wrestlers turned strikers who forgot they knew how to wrestle. Matt Hughes and many others.

Honestly think if it ever happens, Adesanya beats him convincingly. Is there any hope that Kelvin returns to WW? Would the UFC allow him?

Back