Gastelum rips Whittaker’s performance, says he didn’t train for Israel

Pierced7681

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Pretty good interview. Gastelum said he had staph and didn’t train for the Izzy fight. He is a beast and should hopefully be getting another shot at Adesanya in the future.

Great interview by kelvin, Humble and kind. I like that he doesn't trash izzy and say shit about him looking unimpressive.

lol sorry pal but I don't think a victory over Till's gettin you back to the title. A couple of other contenders are already waiting in line.

He is right about Till keeping his chin up in the air. Hopefully he takes his own advice

I don't see how he "ripped Rob. I thought his comments stuck pretty much to the facts. Everyone saw Whittaker was lunging and leaving himself open to counters. I didn't care for Gastelum bringing up how "sick" he supposedly was and how he didn't train the last weeks of camp but he was spot on about Rob's strategy. He repeatedly ended up in bad positions because of it.

I don't see how he "ripped Rob. I thought his comments stuck pretty much to the facts. Everyone saw Whittaker was lunging and leaving himself open to counters. I didn't care for Gastelum bringing up how "sick" he supposedly was and how he didn't train the last weeks of camp but he was spot on about Rob's strategy. He repeatedly ended up in bad positions because of it.

“Rips” is the title of the YouTube vid. I agree he wasn’t too harsh on Rob.

Be fun to see Till pull off a big upset and throw all this talk and positioning about who matches up best vs. Adesanya into chaos.

“Rips” is the title of the YouTube vid. I agree he wasn’t too harsh on Rob.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't you who made the title. That's why I didn't rip you for it. :D

Gastelum needs to be quarantined until he can get a handle on his recurring staph problem. He showed up to the Whittaker fight with full blown sores on his mouth. And now he says he had it going into the Izzy fight as well?

They need to start washing the maters better over at King's...

When I read about Gastelum talking about not being too well (before I saw the video) it did make me think, damn don't be bringing that up now but when you watch the video and the way he talks about it and it's brought up it's not in the way say like when Mickey Gall did so it's really not bad at all and goes to show how things can be projected differently.

I hate when fighters say they were sick or injured after they lost.

Kevvy Gas was sick. Cool. I'm guessing Izzy wasn't 100% either and possibly had some nagging injury.

Forgot who it was but one fighter said "Nobody enters the Octagon 100%."

Can KG rip himself for not being able to make weight at 170, missing weight in the past, or getting submitted by guys like Weidman? How about he keeps his mouth shut and wins a fight to get that rematch and realize he's lost fights as well that he probably could've or should've won.

All that said, I love to watch this guy fight and am a fan, but he is far from perfect.

When I was fighting I would get sick a week before every fight. Fighting while sick is extremely common. Something about peaking makes you vulnerable to illness. Still sucks.

Back