Gastelum had Izzy rocked

If it stays on the feet Adesanya destroys Romero like Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Yoel is no where near good enough standing.
If Romero is going to win he needs to wrestle, if he keeps it standing he's going to gas and get knocked out.

Are we talking relative to era or straight across?

Straight across it's Gastelum no doubt but relative to their eras Henderson beat names that Gastelum could only dream of.
True true

Yeah I was mostly talking about striking

Dan's resume is legendary

That is why I cannot, at this time, put izzy up there with Anderson yet. Anderson never had wars with guys who are just overrated brawlers (kelvin) he put them away.

Izzy may have the clout from his kickboxing days but as soon as he stepped up comp he lost. His style is great for mma but he has gapping holes already showing themselves - namely poor defence and getting hit way too much by guys he should, in theory, be schooling and stopping.
Brawler?

Gastelum has arguably better boxing than anyone Silva has ever faced.

Brawler?

Gastelum has arguably better boxing than anyone Silva has ever faced.

How quickly people forget that Kelvin dropped everybody that he fought at MW up until he came in out-of-shape and unmotivated for Till.

And Izzy was back peddling to get away. If Gastelum can do this then Romero who hits like a truck certainly can. I just have a feeling this may be Romero’s time.

thoughts?
If you've seen Romero fight, you know he has the power and explosiveness to KO anyone in his division. Some people just fight well enough to not get hit too many times with his big shots.

How quickly people forget that Kelvin dropped everybody that he fought at MW up until he came in out-of-shape and unmotivated for Till.
Absolutely. He actually has some of the best boxing in the UFC, but people dismiss him all the time, because he's short and chubby etc.

This is EXACTLY what Robert Whittaker said before he got knocked. Exactly. Like word for word.

Here's the thing. Yoel Romero has power but subpar striking technique. Gastelum has really good boxing and used some fairly advanced techniques to get on the inside of Izzy. Yoel Romero does not have that same technical ability. HE won't be able to execute the stutter step Kelvin used or get Izzy's timing down.

Yoel will need to rely on surprise to land KO shot against Izzy.

This is just false. Adesanya has the second highest striking defense in the middle weight division. Roughly 70% of the shots thrown at him miss.

View attachment 733871
This is what baffles me, Whittaker got hit with a lot of harder shots by Romero but recovered... The shots Izzy hit him with were more pitter patter shots but had him out... something was off about Whittaker that night but props to Izzy.

Izzy is the favorite, but Yoel can knock out anyone, at any moment.

It is all we know at this point.

Everyone knows Izzy is gonna beat Romero. It's inevitable. Izzy is just too skilled for Romero.

Gastelum and Whittaker are trash.

They've lost.

Romero is overrated AF around here and I think Gas would have a really good chance at boxing him to a decision victory.

Last edited:
Gastelum has for quite some time, and this is just my opinion, been just a huge blob of dietary issues and raw potential. I honestly think that If, we see him do a major switch in his training, which would probably end up as an article on bloody, that, unless he goes the route of gurus/touchbutt, he'll be in the top 3 in a year or two quite possible that he'll be the champ.

Also no idea how he is ranked atm but unless he is already in the top 3, this post won't be to awkward.

Hopefully Yoel knocks Israel out cold and then New York City firefighters and policemen who lost friends and co-workers on 9/11 pour into the ring and take turns soccer-kicking and stomping his unconscious body

you got this confused you should be upset with Israel the country not Israel the fighter.

That is why I cannot, at this time, put izzy up there with Anderson yet. Anderson never had wars with guys who are just overrated brawlers (kelvin) he put them away.

Izzy may have the clout from his kickboxing days but as soon as he stepped up comp he lost. His style is great for mma but he has gapping holes already showing themselves - namely poor defence and getting hit way too much by guys he should, in theory, be schooling and stopping.
Dude you’re blind af if you think Kelvin is a brawler

"If Kelvin can catch Izzy then Whittaker can ko Izzy"

250-1.jpg

Back