Gastelum Gas tank?

Captain Tight

Gettin two birds stoned at once
@Blue
Reaction score
I have watched all his UFC fights, but I haven't rewatched any lately, and can't recall his stamina. Can any of you mma "experts" weigh in on Kelvin's cardio?

It's looked great in 3 round fights, not so much in 5 rounders.

I do expect Adesanya to have the cardio advantage tomorrow

It's meh. He always gasses out by the 3rd round. It's funny how some people are trying to paint Gastelum as some invincible tank when the consensus back when he was about to fight Whittaker is that he stands little chance. Cause Whittaker simply has more tools and more gas in his tank, and it will be difficult for Gastelum to keep up on the long run.

Afaic this fight favours Kelvin early and israeI late.

If it goes into the championship rounds I think adesanya takes a decision or gets a late tko.

It’s elite

Watch the Tim Kennedy fight where he set an insane pace and kept it until the TKO towards the end of the 3rd round.

Not sure why retards are saying his cardio isn’t good, must just not watch fights.

It’s elite

Watch the Tim Kennedy fight where he set an insane pace and kept it until the TKO towards the end of the 3rd round.

Not sure why retards are saying his cardio isn’t good, must just not watch fights.
He gassed against jacare And magny.

TBh i assumed it was great because he's mexican. but now that I think about it, he did slow down a little in the jacare fight. Could be a matter of pacing.

Not if Izzy ends up on his back early on. Kelvin has far greater grappling stamina. At least that's something you'd have to assume looking at their respective combat sports backgrounds.

Tbh, Kelvin doesn't really throw any flashy stuff on the feet. He keeps it very basic with the 1-2, which I'm sure will play a vital part in preserving his stamina through-out the fight.

Seems like he's made for 3rd over 5. I do think Izzy will have the cardio advantage if it goes deep.

Tbh, Kelvin doesn't really throw any flashy stuff on the feet. He keeps it very basic with the 1-2, which I'm sure will play a vital part in preserving his stamina through-out the fight.
He did that against Magny and still gassed, which is why he lost the fight. Magny is honestly a jobber of a striker that beat some names because of his toughness.

I asked him, he told me his vehicle is 3/4 full.

How do you know? Have you ever seen Adesanya gas?

You are making an assumption that is not rooted in any tangible evidence.
I edited my post just to clarify that it's something we'd have to assume in terms of their respective combat sports backgrounds. Striking stamina and grappling stamina are two completely different things. You can't just build the grappling stamina in 2-4 years to be on par with someone who's been wrestling for all of his life.
He did that against Magny and still gassed, which is why he lost the fight.
Magny is a cardio machine. Anyone will gas against him in a 5 rounder. Additionally I might add that you're speaking of a fight Kelvin had a 170 lbs, a weight class where he's known to have issues cutting down to. This issue will most certainly have an effect on cardio, among other things. I would not look at his 170 fight as an indicator as to where his cardio stands if I was you.

Something to keep in mind: Adesanya has only gone 5 rounds once, and it was against Tavares. Even Conor can make it to 5 if the fight stays on the feet and he keeps his output in check.

It's meh. He always gasses out by the 3rd round. It's funny how some people are trying to paint Gastelum as some invincible tank when the consensus back when he was about to fight Whittaker is that he stands little chance. Cause Whittaker simply has more tools and more gas in his tank, and it will be difficult for Gastelum to keep up on the long run.
It seems that more sherdoggers hate Adesanya than they like Gastelum. Not that Gastelum doesn't have real supporters but you're absolutely right about the consensus on this forum.

I personally thought the fight between Gas and Whittaker would have been very competitive barring a quick KO by Kelvin.

But I expect Izzy to dominate.

In a standup fight I agree ..... if there’s lots of grappling I disagree

I recall people thinking Whittaker vs Gastelum would be a great close competitive fight

Gastelum has no fear, and he's gonna walk Israel down, and put hands on him. I'm surprised so many people think Israel is going to smash him. Who has he beat on Kelvin's level?

Nobody.

Back