Gassing out

C

cosmic_twisting

Does it annoy anyone else when people gas in class, and thus during the rolling they have to take "sit outs"? I've nothing against people who do run out of steam and keep going, but seriously work on your cardio.

I gass out all the time but i keep going even tho i feel like im gonna die cause if i dont and sit out how will my cardio improve.

I can't stand people that give it all they have, rest, and then come back and give even more. Those people are jerks. -ken

some one who just starts at a academy that takes sits for a session is expected, when I started back up after being in front of a computer for almost 10 years you think you can just jump right back in, but you cant..

You should be a little bit more chill about it, you might just need to mind your own and get better at you and not worry about other people unless you are helping them by asking them to work out with you or what not, but you most likely just go talk shit online.. Hit him up and see what you can do to help him out if it bothers you that much......

when i get someone who is gassed, i don't let them quit. I will then just baby roll with them. Plus if my instructor see's anyone quit rolling, he will make sure they roll again the next round right away.

I also see it as a positive sign that i'm not gassed and my partner is.

That's why clubs shouldn't allow people who can't run a 4 minute mile or do 50 chin-ups into the course ... if you're not in shape you have no business on the mats.

It's a little annoying when people just stop mid roll and say they're too tired- I must admit- because half of the time they just seem not to be trying.

But at the end of the day all people like that need is a little encouragement, perhaps you can slow down a bit, and it's all good. If they do genuinely seem to be gassing and looking like they're going to be sick/die then obviously just slow down.

And in between rolls- who gives a damn. Let 'em rest and come back fresh. They'll learn more and so will you- everyone wins.

That's why clubs shouldn't allow people who can't run a 4 minute mile or do 50 chin-ups into the course ... if you're not in shape you have no business on the mats.

you should open your own club.. you might get like 5 students!!

your joking right... 4 min mile... 50 chinups...???? wtf

Different people have different cardio.
And, there are many things you have to take into account.

Maybe they were sick and they are just recovering.
Maybe they don't sleep well.
Maybe they don't eat well.
Maybe they have a crooked nose and can't breathe properly.
Maybe they don't know how to breathe at all.
Maybe they carry too much muscle around.

I don't have anything against the guys who gas during rolling.
I only dislike the guys who arrive late to class on purpose, so they can skip all the work-out, and then gas and put that up as an excuse for getting pwnd in the mat.

When people are drop dead tired they tend to react slower, so it's a lot easier for him to get hurt, and a lot easier for them to hurt you (like they will just crank your arm because all they want to do is "finish" that roll, no matter what).

Not to mention someone can, in FACT, pass out due to exhaustion.
So instead moaning about the guys with poor cardio, help them out.

Does it annoy anyone else when people gas in class, and thus during the rolling they have to take "sit outs"? I've nothing against people who do run out of steam and keep going, but seriously work on your cardio.

I agree witht his when people are being big babies about it. I had one guy "gas" after 2 minutes.

It amazes me the amount of people that 'gas out' just before you are about tap them or, even worse, have just swept them.

Just depends how serious some take it.
The business man that can only make one Sunday a week and is trying a new hobby or trying to get into shape after years on the pizza and beer, will likely sit out a few rolls.
Nothing wrong with it imo.
Everybody trains for their own reasons.

However, I do kinda agree with the poster who says that if a person is unfit and keeps sitting out, how will they get fit. It's a fair point.

I do have a problem with guys that will sit out just cus the person/people they wanna roll with have already has a partner for that that session, so they wait til they've finished rolling so they can pair up next.

I used to be one of those guys, and I still kinda am. but then I realized that some people might be annoyed that I gas out before they can sub me, so I made a new rule for myself that if i gas out when in a bad position, to either keep going until I get tapped or get myself back to guard (or opponent's guard) before sitting out from fatigue

I have had to do a sitout once before. and it was after like a 12 minute full out roll. Felt sick to my stomach and I'm in good shape.

Back