Economy Gas Prices!

$1.79 / L in Niagara Falls, Ontario today and $2.09 in Fermont, PQ according to my friend in Quebec.

For my non-metric friends (America and Liberia) that's $7.16 CAD / G in Niagara Falls and $8.36 CAD / G in Quebec.

tenor-40.gif

Meanwhile, from March 2020 in the Niagara region...

20200326-083247.jpg

$2.75 CAD / G.

And also... "IN" before some idiot comes in here and says: "Hurrr durrr, that was during the worst part of the pandemic - moran!!!".

Currently, my area is at 3.89. It was 3.59 a week ago

Gas prices in my area started to raise while Trump was still in office.

$1.79 / L in Niagara Falls, Ontario today and $2.09 in Fermont, PQ according to my friend in Quebec.

For my non-metric friends (America and Liberia) that's $7.16 CAD / G in Niagara Falls and $8.36 CAD / G in Quebec.

tenor-40.gif

Meanwhile, from March 2020 in the Niagara region...

20200326-083247.jpg

$2.75 CAD / G.

And also... "IN" before some idiot comes in here and says: "Hurrr durrr, that was during the worst part of the pandemic - moran!!!".
Damn not only did Joe Biden magically make gas prices rise in the US, he also made them rise in Canada! Thanks Joe Biden.

Every single station in my town is at $4.19.

Usually there is some fluctuation in pricing, but not this time. It was overnight, all of them.

Glad I filled up at $3.79 a couple days back.

meme1.jpg

Damn not only did Joe Biden magically make gas prices rise in the US, he also made them rise in Canada! Thanks Joe Biden.

Gee, I wonder what shutting down an international Canadian/American pipeline capable of carrying over 800,000 barrels of oil per day would do? I bet it will decrease prices in the future for sure !!!

It was canceled before it was finished, and that doesn't matter. What does matter is that almost 1 million barrels per day aren't being shipped from Alberta to Texas refineries.

Surely threatening to shut down and/or charge more for oil leases on federal lands would have absolutely nothing to do with it either. I don't know about you, but if I have to potentially pay a lot more money for something, or might have a project shut down because "hurrr durrr muh climate change" I immediately run out and invest as much money as possible into a project. That's what super SMRT people do.

Tell me genius, what do you think would happen to oil prices in North America when an extra 310,250,000 (850,000 x 365) barrels per year are added to the supply? I bet prices would triple at the pumps overnight, AMIRITE SHERBRO???

Imagine being this obtuse.

1.57/L in Calgary. $2 a liter is forecasted. Fucking lovely

Gee, I wonder what shutting down an international Canadian/American pipeline capable of carrying over 800,000 barrels of oil per day would do? I bet it will decrease prices in the future for sure !!!

It was canceled before it was finished, and that doesn't matter. What does matter is that almost 1 million barrels per day aren't being shipped from Alberta to Texas refineries.

Surely threatening to shut down and/or charge more for oil leases on federal lands would have absolutely nothing to do with it either. I don't know about you, but if I have to potentially pay a lot more money for something, or might have a project shut down because "hurrr durrr muh climate change" I immediately run out and invest as much money as possible into a project. That's what super SMRT people do.

Tell me genius, what do you think would happen to oil prices in North America when an extra 310,250,000 (850,000 x 365) barrels per year are added to the supply? I bet prices would triple at the pumps overnight, AMIRITE SHERBRO???

Imagine being this obtuse.
UMMM.. you do know that for example the KeystoneXL pipeline was only about 8% complete when Joe Biden came into the WH and wouldn't be complete until 2030 right also in the US oil companies have over 9000 oil leases they aren't even using right?

UMMM.. you do know that for example the KeystoneXL pipeline was only about 8% complete when Joe Biden came into the WH and wouldn't be complete until 2030 right also in the US oil companies have over 9000 oil leases they aren't even using right?

Nice duck. Ill accept your concession.

Gee, I wonder why 9,000 leases aren't being used.

Hint: See my post above.

Nice duck. Ill accept your concession.

Gee, I wonder why 9,000 leases aren't being used.

Hint: See my post above.
Hint the 9000 oil leases aren't being used because oil companies don't want to use them which is why investment in new oil wells had dropped by 60% before the covid pandemic and I don't know if you are aware of this but oil companies make more money when they drill less and oil prices are higher.

I know people like yourself would love to believe that oil companies aren't using those 9000 oil leases they already have because of Joe Biden and those evil environmentalists but it's not reality.

Over 2$ aud for a litre around here.

$1.47 usd a litre 3.75 litres to a gallon

So roughly $5.50 usd a gallon

When you come out and cancel pipelines and say we are going green there's this thing called speculation.
It's going to get ugly.
So cancelling a pipeline that was only 8% complete when he came into office and wouldn't be finished until 2030 made gas prices rise in 2021/2022, were you dropped on your head as a child?

Yeah, I went from $20 to $30 a tank overnight.
Not sure Biden's to blame, since the OPEC+ agreement not to ramp up production more quickly as nations came out of pandemic lockdowns was made last year despite his input, and remains in place with Russian supply being limited by the conflict and (mostly the threat of) sanctions.

Back