Media Gary Russell Jr and Terence Crawford beefing, Gary claims he broke Crawfords Jaw and wants to fight

He said I think the last two times he fought he was going to fight more often and he hasn't. He doesn't really seem that interested in big fights even though he talks about it.

I expect his lone appearance in 2020 to be disappointing, same for 2021 etc
He's been calling out the other top dogs for many years and even threatened to leave Al Haymon over it. He claims he's being frozen out from those fights. Fighting once a year would still leave him with one opportunity per year to secure a big fight. The guys I mentioned earlier, Frampton, LSC, etc, it's not hard to believe they're ducking Gary when they ducked a smaller Rigondeaux. In Gary's last few fights he's done decent though, he beat Nyambayar in his last fight, who was an undefeated 2012 Olympic silver medalist. A couple fights before that he beat JoJo Diaz who was also undefeated at the time and not long after losing to Gary he moved up to Super Featherweight and took Tevin Farmer's belt off him.

These other Featherweights are in no hurry at all to fight Russell and they haven't been for 5 years. Look at their track records and how they've had a half decade to sign to fight the guy and challenge him for his WBC title. They always seem to have some excuse or another not to get in the ring with him.

He's insecure, yeah. Of course Crawford would beat him because he's much bigger. Gary isn't even a big Featherweight at 126.
Man Gary Russell has that little man syndrome, I shook my head the way he be talking saying man nobody will step to me like these big dudes are going to try to pick on a little guy. Most big guys got common sense and are not insecure why would they beat up on a little dwarf boxer.

Im laughing at this guy, the lockdown got him going mad.

Yeah lol. That was fairly recent too. I believe that LSC has been ducking him though. Gary's tried to make that fight happen for awhile now. Threatening to put hands on Leo's father was a bit much though. But, I understand why he did it and that was to piss LSC off enough to fight him.

This dude is a low class and disrespectful, threatening to put hands on Leos sick father, low class gutter shit. Gary Russell started out as a clean cut kid in the Olympics but he been watching too much hood shit on twitter and acting stupid like that now. Threatening Leos pops, even Adrien Broner wouldn't do so sick shit like that.

I've seen GRJ's right hook do some Damage. Wouldn't be surprised if he did break Bud's jaw. Not really following the drama, seems like it was a cheap shot or something. Whatever the fight's never gonna happen. Russell would've won a medal back in '08 (?) tho if he had the chance, imo.

This dude is a low class and disrespectful, threatening to put hands on Leos sick father, low class gutter shit. Gary Russell started out as a clean cut kid in the Olympics but he been watching too much hood shit on twitter and acting stupid like that now. Threatening Leos pops, even Adrien Broner wouldn't do so sick shit like that.
It is sick but that's Gary's twisted way of attempting to force Leo Santa Cruz's hand in a unification fight. It didn't work.
Gary Russell Jr. Uses Leo Santa Cruz's Father In Video, Trying To Force Featherweight Title Unification Fight

I've seen GRJ's right hook do some Damage. Wouldn't be surprised if he did break Bud's jaw. Not really following the drama, seems like it was a cheap shot or something. Whatever the fight's never gonna happen. Russell would've won a medal back in '08 (?) tho if he had the chance, imo.
Gary does have some power in his right hook. Not sure about breaking Crawford's jaw though but who knows. I think it was probably a cheap shot. Gary is still one of the most talented fighters in the sport, Top 3/5. His hand speed is unreal, legitimately all-time great in that department. He knows how to box smart too, is tough as nails, has good combination punching, and has a great chin. These are two of my favorite right hook KOs from his highlight reel.

Gary does have some power in his right hook. Not sure about breaking Crawford's jaw though but who knows. I think it was probably a cheap shot. Gary is still one of the most talented fighters in the sport, Top 3/5. His hand speed is unreal, legitimately all-time great in that department. He knows how to box smart too, is tough as nails, has good combination punching, and has a great chin. These are two of my favorite right hook KOs from his highlight reel.

Yeah I love GRJ from back in the day. I know his career's been a disappointment but I can't help but root for the guy. He was my favorite back on that Olympic team in Beijing or wherever they were and they had some good talent on that team. Andrade, Wilder, etc.

I remember seeing him on tv when they were in some kind of unofficial match w/team Brazil before the Olympics and him and esp his hand speed was so impressive that I had to make note to root for him when the games came around. Then he passed out or whatever and it all went down the toilet.

That Castaneda ko is probably my favorite. He can punch more than he gets credit for and his speed obv helps him in that dept as well. Wish we got to watch him fight more.

Yeah I love GRJ from back in the day. I know his career's been a disappointment but I can't help but root for the guy. He was my favorite back on that Olympic team in Beijing or wherever they were and they had some good talent on that team. Andrade, Wilder, etc.

I remember seeing him on tv when they were in some kind of unofficial match w/team Brazil before the Olympics and him and esp his hand speed was so impressive that I had to make note to root for him when the games came around. Then he passed out or whatever and it all went down the toilet.

That Castaneda ko is probably my favorite. He can punch more than he gets credit for and his speed obv helps him in that dept as well. Wish we got to watch him fight more.
Cool. I remember him back then and would've liked to see him actually compete at the Olympics to see how far he could've made it. He had the talent back then to potentially make it far and possibly medal. When you have that kind of sheer speed his opponents are always in constant danger of not seeing his shots and getting hurt especially with his right hook blindsiding them. Speed kills as they say. He's the only guy around right now that actually forces opponents to fight behind a high guard even if that isn't normally how they defend themselves and it's due to his ridiculous hand speed and combination punching. Lomachenko used a high guard with other layers of defense (footwork, upperbody movement & slipping with head movement), body work to slow him down, and pushed him back to take away some of his speed. JoJo Diaz had a bit of success behind his high guard and by going to the body also.

These other top Featherweights don't really want the smoke and it's obvious to me why. He has the fastest hands around, punches in combination, he's skilled with some slickness to him, he's tough and durable, and he's a southpaw. That combination of being a speedster + fairly slick + southpaw is going to make it difficult to get those match-ups in an era where fighters place a great deal of emphasis on risk management (high risk-low reward fights especially).

Tidwell, you should be the last person commenting on a little man who has issues.

Tidwell, you should be the last person commenting on a little man who has issues.
Why do you say that? I’m not little and I don’t walk around acting like a bad ass like Gary. I’m not confrontational and humble with no ego.

Crawford brings this onto himself by not establishing his dominance in his own domain... and Russell Jr. better be careful to not be made an example of. This whole “beef” reminded me of this old gem

You guys following this? Gary "5 foot 3" Russell is talking so greasy man, this little man has some issues. He claims he broke Terence crawfords jaw at the Olympic training center or had sent him to the hospital. Russell then says he wants to fight Crawford for real at 147 pounds lol

And then when Crawford answers back and told him basically you snuck me or sucker punched him and never dropped him or hurt him, and said he would break Gary Russell neck because he is too small

Russell answers back and tells everyone there from Sadam Ali, Mark Davies, Karl Dargan, etc to speak on it he then boasts about making Andre Berto cry bullying him in the locker room when they were little tiny kids

and then when Davies and Dargan speak on it and cosign that it was a sucker punch or a sneak shot and they coaches tried to hold Crawford back from getting it in, Russell gets mad and now said Davies is not his friend and he hates him and to never say hi to him ever again lol

Davies speaks on it basically saying Crawfords story was true, and that Russell needs to be careful cause Crawford would wreck him

Dargan basically says Russell snuck Crawford and cosigns Crawfords story

Lil Gary Russell is just a legend in his own mind.
Barely fights n has barely beaten anyone of note in a 10 year career and that’s not forgetting how he shit the bed at the Olympics.

Trying to overcompensate by calling out ppl who he has no chance of fighting, let alone beat, he’s showing the classic case of “somebody stop me” and not in the Jim Carey sense.

He’s one annoying individual.

Gary only fights once a year nowadays but that wasn't always the case until after he lost to Lomachenko. That same year in 2014 he fought again to rebound and then only started fighting once per year from 2015 onward. He hasn't been able to land the big fights he wants or at least claims he wants like LSC, Frampton, even Tank when he was still at Super Featherweight. There's no good reason that the other top Featherweights haven't fought Russell yet even if he only fights once a year considering how long he's held the WBC title. Most fighters go straight for the green belt because they consider it the most prestigious of the bunch.

The reason he hasn’t gotten LSC and the others is because he constantly prices himself above those guys.
GR ain’t even close to their level in the name recognition/ big fights / asses in seats department.
So he’s not getting paid what he thinks he should be getting. He’s a massive primadonna.

He has speed and some slickness but not the best iq. He’s very well set in the ring though and just goes about his game (unlike Amir Khan).
But speed only works go a level. And it hides a lot of flaws whilst fooling us because of its favourable optics.

When they lose, they generally lose big. Against some guys it just doesn’t work. Timing n big punchers with a good chin. Those deep water fighters.
You need a B game and a C game. He seems to only have one game with Overboost applied when in trouble.
Another thing, speedsters generally rely over much on their speed and get major Pikachu face when it doesn’t work. Really fucks with their head.
Much more so than big punchers.

If he actually fought more than once a year and against solid opponents, we’d see that.

Cringe worthy attempts by GRJ.

Luckily for him Crawford doesnt fight anyone worth a shit or hed be taking an ass beating.

Luckily for him Crawford doesnt fight anyone worth a shit or hed be taking an ass beating.
I agree Gary is a primadonna

Hes just turning heel. No different than Money May, Ali,Colby, Chael, or Connor.

Whatever gets Crawford in the ring with a live body. Even if the guy is a couple weight classes below him.

Not so fast,
Getting a smaller guy to come up multiple weight classes sounds exactly like something out of the Crawford camp play book. Instead of fighting a top prime guy already at 147.

They both need to shut up and fight a top 5 fighter. Wasting away their prime years

Back