Elections Gary Johnson at 12% (3% away from debates), potential game changer

Gary Johnson can't debate for this. Ron Paul shoulda ran for the party nominee

How is he "illiterate" with "federal economics"... whatever the fuck that is?

Economics at the federal level. Trying to implement his plans in New Mexico at the federal level would be disastrous, as would his imposition of stricter regard for federalism pertaining to state finances-- I think he's been vocal on that, but I may be remembering incorrectly.

I hope he doesn't make the stage because all it does is hand the nomination to Hillary and the last thing she deserves after all her baggage and controversy is a coronation.

Keep him out I say. Let the educated silently throw their votes away on him but don't let the average independent voter be swayed into false hope.

Ron Paul < Gary Johnson << Bill Weld

Ron Paul is a fucking moron.

Go watch Gary Johnson's town hall with Bill Weld. Both those idiots couldn't come up with a single answer to practically every question. They looked and sounded like crackheads.

Ron Paul did a much better job during the GOP debates. You're only saying that because you hate Ron Paul, but any fucking moron with half a brain would agree that he's a much better debater.

I hope he doesn't make the stage because all it does is hand the nomination to Hillary and the last thing she deserves after all her baggage and controversy is a coronation.

Keep him out I say.

Which is exactly why CNN had the Libertarian townhall and they're doing another Libertarian event soon.

Go watch Gary Johnson's town hall with Bill Weld. Both those idiots couldn't come up with a single answer to practically every question. They looked and sounded like crackheads.

Ron Paul did a much better job during the GOP debates. You're only saying that because you hate Ron Paul, but any fucking moron with half a brain would agree that he's a much better debater.

I don't hate Ron Paul more than any other Republican who poses as a conservative by virtue of having some vague isolationist foreign policy. He seems like a nice enough guy, but he's a complete fraud and his policies are nonsensical.

Weld is considerably smarter and more versed in policy than Johnson or Paul.

Gary Johnson is not a good representative of a third party candidate. Which is terribly sad, because this is one election where we need one.

trump and clinton have some of the lowest nominee numbers ever. if a third candidate got on stage with them, i think it would be F'ing game over. they would inevitably be seen as less fascist and crazy than trump, and less corrupt than clinton. no way around it.

I don't hate Ron Paul more than any other Republican who poses as a conservative by virtue of having some vague isolationist foreign policy. He seems like a nice enough guy, but he's a complete fraud and his policies are nonsensical.

Weld is considerably smarter and more versed in policy than Johnson or Paul.

I understand disliking Paul's or Johnson's economic policies for a perfect world.

Where I don't understand this position, is in comparison to the system we have today, which is the worst of both worlds(left and right philosophy) .

How is a truly free market worse then corporatism?

Do you think corporate America would enjoy having to compete on a truly flat playing field?

Do you think the folly of thinking we can compete with 3rd world nations without labor or environmental protections, could continue to exist in the public ether, if it wasn't a mitigated, and controlled(AKA boiling frog) decent?

To me this is the same idea as Trump versus Clinton. If you truly believe Trump or free market economics would be a disaster, then welcome it. That disaster would end the divide and conquer ploy. Crisis precipitates opportunity.

There would be no "New Deal" without the great depression.

There would have been no OWS or Tea-party without the GFC.

Last edited:
Hypothetically, I think a properly designed multiparty system might be good for America.
But I don't think 1 outsider without a real party winning would really get you much towards that.
And I don't think he has any chance of actually winning, either. Just be a wild card in terms of who he helps - which I'm not enthused for while Trump is melting down.
And I don't think he's a particularly good candidate, either.

For the cold water, though -
You have to AVERAGE 15% in pre-debate polls, and the 5 taken over the last 2 days were up for him...but still only gave him 6,6,10,10,12, for an average of less than 9%. He has to nearly double that to get in.

Not impossible, but I don't know that I'd bet on it.

Democrats worst nightmare.

If Johnson got in the debates id bet on a Trump Presidency.

Interesting, why do you believe this? If Johnson got into the debates, I'd take my vote for Trump and put it toward Johnson. I don't think I'm the only Libertarian that would do this. It seems that this would practically give Hillary the election.

I understand disliking Paul's or Johnson's economic policies for a perfect world.

Where I don't understand this position, is in comparison to the system we have today, which is the worst of both worlds(left and right philosophy) .

How is a truly free market worse then corporatism?

Do you think corporate America would enjoy having to compete on a truly flat playing field?

Do you think the folly of thinking we can compete with 3rd world nations without labor or environmental protections, could continue to exist in the public ether, if it wasn't a mitigated, and controlled(AKA boiling frog) decent?

To me this is the same idea as Trump versus Clinton. If you truly believe Trump or free market economics would be a disaster, then welcome it. That disaster would end the divide and conquer ploy. Crisis precipitates opportunity.

There would be no "New Deal" without the great depression.

There would have been no OWS or Tea-party without the GFC.

Beautiful post.

It would be throwing the vote in the trash, essentially.

If you've rationally concluded that voting for either of the other options is what's best for your conscience then so be it. I mean, if the party or candidate you'd prefer isn't good enough for your vote then that's not much inspiration for the like-minded. :(

If you've rationally concluded that voting for either of the other options is what's best for your conscience then so be it. I mean, if the party or candidate you'd prefer isn't good enough for your vote then that's not much inspiration for the like-minded. :(

It's unfortunate, but I stand firm that the only rational approach is damage control at this point. Hope you can get the lesser of two evils.

Also, it's not that he isn't good enough. It's that he gets no attention, therefore his popularity is shit. Clinton gets attention for the illegal shit she and her campaign do, Trump gets attention for the outlandish things he says. The calm rational argument doesn't make headlines.

It's unfortunate, but I stand firm that the only rational approach is damage control at this point. Hope you can get the lesser of two evils.

Sure. Like I said, if you're happy with that compromise and the knowledge that you've contributed to a self-fulfilling prophecy then that's your choice. I'd rather take it on the chin for awhile in an attempt to pull out of the quagmire of your sort of rationalization.

Sure. Like I said, if you're happy with that compromise and the knowledge that you've contributed to a self-fulfilling prophecy then that's your choice. I'd rather take it on the chin for awhile in an attempt to pull out of the quagmire of your sort of rationalization.

I've edited the post to clarify.

Back