Gary Goodridge in 2003 vs Derrick Lewis 2018

Sat what you want about Goodridge, about Pride FC but when you got in that Pride ring against Big Daddy, you had better be ready to exchange immediately.

Black Beast is a bum.

Lewis easily takes down any version of Tyson and either subs him or GnP"s him into oblivian.

He has an armbar win over 19-11 Rakim Cleveland. If his ground game was truly nonexistent, he'd have lost to Big Country and Gonzaga.

Back to topic...pretty much what I expected from a @JustOnce thread.

'03 Goodridge loses to every HW and LHW currently on the roster. Guy made his UFC debut with a record of 0-0 and beat 2 WW's before submitting to position against Frye. There was like 4 or 5 BJJ gyms in the U.S. at the time.

I loved the old fights and watched UFC 1 live. But c'mon...get serious...fighters are way better now.

Fighters in lower weight classes have more tools today, sure, there are also a lot of point fighters in 2019 and that didn't really exist in 2003.

Goodridge was a brawler who came at you and threw everything he had in every punch until he either knocked you out or gassed himself out trying.

HESPECT

Lewis easily takes down any version of Tyson and either subs him or GnP"s him into oblivian.

He has an armbar win over 19-11 Rakim Cleveland. If his ground game was truly nonexistent, he'd have lost to Big Country and Gonzaga.

'03 Goodridge loses to every HW and LHW currently on the roster. Guy made his UFC debut with a record of 0-0 and beat 2 WW's before submitting to position against Frye. There was like 4 or 5 BJJ gyms in the U.S. at the time.

I loved the old fights and watched UFC 1 live. But c'mon...get serious...fighters are way better now.

Lewis wont do shit. HE is so slow, so unathletic ... FUCK.

I dont think you relaize how hard it is to land a TD vs Tyson ... Mike Tyson was built like a tank + low center of gravity and his reaction time was really really good. He also had amazing foot speed, dexterity and balance, which means, he would need less time for TDD than most people.

15 y/o Tyson ... just look at that fucking movement LOL Unless you were a college wrestler within 20 lbs or bigger than him you are likely getting smashed.

Fucking lol. Dude is a can.
WelltodoBossyAndalusianhorse.gif

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F06%2F11%2F19%2F42%2FHunt_110617_g_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Big Daddy was a scary guy. I don’t know who would drop who in that one, but I can’t see it going past round 1 at all.

Gary-Goodridge-KOs-Amir_zps7a2kwjta.gif
Which Japanese MW is that? lol. You should see what he did to Paul Hererra.

Are people really debating this?

You are talking about his start in 1996. TS is taking about 2003. That is at least 7 years of training and fighting. Lewis and Ngannou also had around the same amount of time training before they fought DC and Stipe. Gary had over 30 fights in 7 years though so he was very experienced when he fought Fedor.

Lewis wont do shit. HE is so slow, so unathletic ... FUCK.

I dont think you relaize how hard it is to land a TD vs Tyson ... Mike Tyson was built like a tank + low center of gravity and his reaction time was really really good. He also had amazing foot speed, dexterity and balance, which means, he would need less time for TDD than most people.

15 y/o Tyson ... just look at that fucking movement LOL Unless you were a college wrestler within 20 lbs or bigger than him you are likely getting smashed.

I'll take the guy who actually accomplished something in MMA.

Fighters in lower weight classes have more tools today, sure, there are also a lot of point fighters in 2019 and that didn't really exist in 2003.

Goodridge was a brawler who came at you and threw everything he had in every punch until he either knocked you out or gassed himself out trying.

HESPECT

Guys you consider point fighters today would easily finish Big Daddy.

Guy has submitted to: Position, Exhaustion, Fatigue, and No Apparent Reason.

Yea...hespect lol. Hespect a guy who beat Don Frye and absolutely zero other name HWs.

Black Beast kills him...with ease.

Gary was 17-13 when he fought Fedor with no real notable wins. He was a fun fighter but he wasn't very good. Black beast would run through him.

Goidridge was way more fast and athletic then Lewis. Lewis can barley move

I was sincerely gonna mention him too.
May 2001
Heavyweight
1. Mark Coleman
2. Randy Couture
3. Pedro Rizzo
4. Igor Vovchanchin
5. Kazuyuki Fujita
6. Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
7. Heath Herring
8. Valentijn Overeem