Garmin Forerunner 310xt and scales

Ian Coe

Silver Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I've got the 305 but being a gadget geek, I've looked at the newer model as I can actually take the data off it.

However I've also seen these scales
Garmin Connect - Tanita

It does quite a bit and you can then log how your body composition is against your training and how everything is adapting, which is nifty.

Admittedly, both things are pretty fecking expensive and I want a vitamix, so as you can seen, I'm going to be skint getting everything (what with paying off my sponsors for the canoe trip, the good people of american express and mastercard).

edit;
DC Rainmaker: Tanita BC-1000 Scale Review – In Depth

Last edited:
Ian...a little info for you.

I'm not sure about the Garmin body composition scale and how well it measures fat% etc, but I own a OMRON body composition scale similar to this one:

Amazon.com: Omron Body Composition Monitor With Scale: Sports & Outdoors

From personal experience and from the countless reviews I've read online, these machines aren't very accurate for measuring body fat. They especially tend to be further 'off' when the person is in increasingly better shape (such as competitive athletes). I use my OMRON only to compare to past measurements and to gauge my improvements (or set-backs after holidays). Still a useful tool, but calipers are best / cheapest way to get accurate fat% results.

Back