Garbrants headbutt

Cruzs style of running, break dancing and throwing looping shots works best on midgets with poor boxing fundamentals

When you take a non midget who can actually strike, Doms ridiculous style isnt nearly as effective

That is why he lost, he pitched his own made up style born of his own ego, against actual time tested proven fundamentals

Striking fundamentals are great, but you need the speed to really maximize them. Shit, speed can render all fundamentals null and void when it's concentrated in the right striker (see RJJ vs ecerybody in the 90's).

Cody's speed, both foot and hand, combined with his aggressiveness, TDD, and overall boxing technique, won this fight. Dom's as complete a fighter as you'll ever find and has soundly bested good technical strikers before, Garbrandt just happens to be even better than him.

And Garbrandt is the same height or shorter than all three of Dom's previous opponents.

Cruzs style of running, break dancing and throwing looping shots works best on midgets with poor boxing fundamentals

When you take a non midget who can actually strike, Doms ridiculous style isnt nearly as effective

That is why he lost, he pitched his own made up style born of his own ego, against actual time tested proven fundamentals
I agree, it was about time someone exposed Cruz' lack of fundamentals. His punches are just absolute shit.

Amen. Wise words.

osRQew5.gif

You know Cruz actually wins that exchange!!

Defense is its own reward and Cruz is the aggressor.

We know one of boxing dirty tricks is a sneaky headbutt.. Did that head but change the course of the fight? it seemed like Cruz was not the same after the headbutt.

If some one can post a gig thanks
If you watched the Post Fight Conference, both Dom and Cody said that the cut was from a kick/knee and NOT a headbutt like Joe said on the commentary.

Saw that too. I was yelling to my wife, "What the fuck is Joe going on about?" then rewound it and watched it again. Obviously on top of the head and not what opened the cut.

Meanwhile, Toxxus' wife be like:
24ef9300-48f7-11e4-bbe5-9958bbce08e7_community-thats-nice_zps245aae78.gif

This is one portion of the fight that really pissed me off. Rogan went on and on about a headbutt and that they would show it when the round ended...

WELL, there was no fucking headbutt that could have caused that cut under Doms eye. Cody's right hand is what opened that gash.

I watched the replay a few times and it was clearly on top of Cruz's head. I couldn't really see an angle where Dom got headbutted on his left eyebrow.
That is because it was Cody's knee on thee kick just before they bumped heads that caused the cut. Cruz himself even admitted that during his post fight press conference

They both said it was from a kick Cruz leaned into postfight.

Makes sense, even without landing in the right place there didn't look to be the force behind that clash of heads to open someone like that.

So you are saying, Faber...Dillshaw, Benavidez, DJ....etc...e fucking tc...do not have good striking?

Sure thing dipshit, more like Cody out performed anyone's expectations....No one...not even his fanbase saw the W coming in the manner it did...everyone thought his only path to victory was a KO...instead he showed how well rounded he is and out performed everyones expectations...except maybe his training partners.

But trying to Bash Dom's style by saying stupid shit like when he fights a midget that can actually strike....its fucking pathetic and uneducated.

BTW Headbutt may have disrupted his vision, it was definitely in a bad spot. But...that said it did not appear to deter him from being effective or at least trying to do his thing...Garbrandts timing was spot on....that was the biggest problem for Cruz.

Hands down slipping will make you vulnerable to headbutts more so if both dudes are slipping and throwing

Back