Garbrant running into the same counter 3 times in a row ... <GIF>

People talking about Cody being emotional dont know what they are talking about.

The way Cody opens with a sloppy right hand 3 times in a row leaving his chin up in the air is a just matter of bad habits and lack of fundamentals.
You should be able to fix that via repetition (only way to perfect a technique and make it a second nature) but either he does not listen to his coaches or they suck at their job.

TJ is way more technical. We all have seen him work with a top coach and sparring guys like Lomachenko or K-1 top fighters.
Who is sparring with Cody? Alpha Mail is full of small jabronis.

Quicker better skills but lacks the mind. I should have said better skilled fighter.
Better skills? No way in hell.

Cody may have more speed and power (only in his hands) but he is not more skilled at all. In fact his technique is pretty poor.

People dont give TJ the respect he deserves. His technique among the best in the UFC.

TJ spotted a flaw and exploited it. After he caught him with the counter, Garbrandt had to resort to instincts. Unfortunately, his instincts lead him to repeat the same mistake that opened him up to the counter in the first place. Kind of like fat boy DC leaning into a kick. Bad habits are hard to break.

Better skills? No way in hell.

Cody may have more speed and power (only in his hands) but he is not more skilled at all. In fact his technique is pretty poor.

People dont give TJ the respect he deserves. His technique among the best in the UFC.

Yep, dude is a fucking ninja, more people in the lighter divisions should take a good look at what he is doing.

But Cody might actually be a gay
No, not might......he definitely is, or atleast bi. You don't get your dick sucked by a male UFC fan and then sleep with them in bed playing footsie all day, unless you are gay. Where is that thread btw, did mods delete? Can't hide that shit in the year 2018.

He has the skills to beat TJ.

However, bad composure and a weak fight IQ significantly reduces those chances.
I don't think he does, based on the things you listed. I don't think he can change that.

He fought really dumb against TJ, but if his fight IQ is really that bad how'd he beat Cruz?
Cruz couldn't and for the most part, can't make anyone pay dearly for their mistakes. TJ can and usually does. It can totally change how someone fights.

Cody can't fight TJ the way he fought Dom because TJ doesn't fight exactly like Dom.

During the fight, Cody's fight IQ was chilling with his boys.

When a good boxer hurts their opponent, their first reaction should be to step into the pocket, go to work and break their opponent down. Cody's first reaction is to try to take the guy's head off, which is the opponents only real hope. A hurt opponents only real hope is a good counter. Cody isn't a good boxer.

and yet TJ questions Cody's chin. His chin seems fine to be, it's his in fight IQ that needs some work.

That's why they always tell you -> "Never fight with emotions"

Cody's emotional intelligence is low...
sometimes emotions do work. Like Fujita v Thompson. Sometimes your getting your ass kicked and you have to appeal to the Just Bleed God to save you,and bestow on you the killing bloodlust.

Why is his lead hand never protecting his face when he throws them big right hands. That's what I want to know.
I don’t think many fighters have their lead hand glued to their face when throwing bombs. I guess it’s about risking it with trading some clean technique for power and speed?

IMO Cody’s problem was having one weapon when going in those fights and that’s his right hand. Dillashaw is so good that he could plan his attacks to take that weapon out of the equation and beat Cody’s ass with weapons of his own. He saw those shots coming, even though he got caught bad in the first fight and somewhat in the second.

Garbrandt is always throwing that left hook right straight 3-2, even when flurrying it’s 3-2-3-2. He really does have power in his right and he’s quick as fuck, but when facing the best of the best it’s not enough. His left is nothing to write home about which is why TJ could focus on evading and countering the right.

Let’s see how Garbrandt bounces back.

Cody makes meisha tate look like mr miyagi with that fight iq

Well all know Bang Ludwig leaving TAM and what do you got? Wrestlers that can punch...He took one of their best wrestlers, turn him into a GOAT snake...

least he wasnt afraid to stand and bang

Neither was TJ... the result is he got finished twice

You need a leben or Diaz level chin to be able to "stand and bang"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gabrant

" TJ is an orthodox right? So, let's just ram into his right side and get my face pounded. Better yet, let's do it three times for a good measure"

Yea i noticed that. Its crazy. Not sure what he was thinking. Especially since thats how hr got KO'd in the first fight as well.

Neither was TJ... the result is he got finished twice

You need a leben or Diaz level chin to be able to "stand and bang"

TJ at least clearly was defense first/counter second.

In the gif you can see Cody with his hands down thinking all offense, zero defense.

Cody might be quick and have power but his defensive muscle memory is predictable and this bad for someone who, sometimes, over commits on his punches.His chin WILL regress with every fight unless someone takes notice of this and does something about it.

Cody will be over valued as a favorite in his next fight and it wouldn't be a bad move to put a token yard (100) on his opponent.

Back