Garbrandt Vs Munhoz Exchanges and KO (GIF)

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
P1
9HILHRf.gif

P2
JmmFY0t.gif

Exciting to watch, but his fight IQ doesn't seem to have improved.

Cody needs to practice defense and protecting that chin.

I could see that ko coming before it even happened. It was inevitable

The Cody that fought Cruz is evidently gone forever.

He’s gone from a relatively decent fighter to basically taking on the “Chris Leben” strategy

Cody needs to have idiot stamped on his forehead. Guy has all the skill to reel off some wins and get back in contention. What's he do? Spam the same punches in the pocket with no defense...

I don't even like Cody and it's frustrating.

Cody needs to practice defense and protecting that chin.

I could see that ko coming before it even happened. It was inevitable

This, Cody has no business getting into exchanges like this.

Nowhere near the chin for it.

Cody is so disappointing.
He has the skills to be a elite at 135 and fight for the belt agai, but would rather be a wild brawler. Dude doesn't have the chin to fight like that.

Unbelievable.
I like Cody, but that was absurd.

That was an amazing 30 seconds.

There was a moment when Jimmie Rivera hurt Pedro, and he bit down on his mouthpiece and caught Rivera with a big right shortly thereafter (I talk like Anik now). It didn't put him away, but it quelled the storm and Rivera retreated.

The narrative of the fight is that Cody's worst tendencies were at play, but Pedro's best tendencies played a role too.

Watching it, it felt like he got micro-knocked out several times on the feet during that crazy exchange: he'd get tagged, there would be a split second where he just stopped, and then would start swinging again.

Maybe he can inject a fuck-ton of stem cells in his head to help with the chin problem, or maybe move up a weight class and stay more hydrated. Or, do some defense with less looping 100% punches, why not...

With that said, it was one of the more exciting fights on the card. I was watching it w/ some civilians and they were into it. "The guy with the tattoos is so much faster than that other guy" ... "Oh, wow."

Put the cyborg / nunes fight on after that, and they are convinced MMA is crazy, insane, exciting. Carefully avoided the JJ / Smith thing.

Cody needs to change his style from Wanderlei Silva to Tecia Torres. He has the technical boxing and footwork to cruise through most fights, but he's a diehard Just Bleeder.

His loss is our gain.

P1
9HILHRf.gif

P2
JmmFY0t.gif

Got a gif of the "headbutt" everyone was talking about it, but I never saw it.

This looked like the UFC version of Pico vs Corrales.

P1
9HILHRf.gif

P2
JmmFY0t.gif

The worst part is he blamed a head butt. I never personally seen it so I can't say one way or another. But it just seemed like he doesn't get it

Cody is consistently countered and finished whenever he throws that right hook in a wild exchange.

Impeccable fight IQ.

Got a gif of the "headbutt" everyone was talking about it, but I never saw it.

IIRC, when Cody was laying on the ground after the fight you could see a 2-3" horizontal slice on his forehead a couple of inches above his eyes, consistent w/ a headbutt. He definitely got in hit in the head with a fist, on more than one occasion. The Cruz fight was long ago, for both of them.

Kind of reminded me Lineker vs Francisco Rivera.

lineker-rivera-kayak-crawl.gif

Book Lineker against Cody

Back