Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw. Who Wins?

I'm leaning towards Cody, he is truly a beast. But TJ is a beast in his own right and I think he has a bit more firepower than Dom has. Should be a great fight.

Liniker moved up a weight class. He's power isn't as big against bigger fighters.

I think it just shows Dillashaw's great defense and toughness if anything.

Lineker is still very powerful at BW. KOd those two taller guys, had Dodson backing up the entire fight, had Dillashaw retreating toward the end of the fight.

I think it just shows Dillashaw's great defense and toughness if anything.

Lineker is still very powerful at BW. KOd those two taller guys, had Dodson backing up the entire fight, had Dillashaw retreating toward the end of the fight.

TJ fought very disciplined, and he didn't try to stay in the pocket with Linekar, something that I didn't think TJ could do.

To handle Linekar like that is no easy task, so I gotta give TJ props.

But Cody's wrestling is better than TJ's, and he's already in TJ's head by knocking him out and getting the better of him on the mat.

As quick and slick as TJ is, I think Cody is even a level above that. Dude is insanely slick and quick.

I think it's 60/40 in favor of Cody, and TJ's Dominick impression might get him hurt against Cody. But TJ is durable as hell, and can definitely catch Cody.

I don't see either guy having an edge in the wrestling. At BW, the guys are so quick, it's all about who can land those split second TDs in each round.

I favor Cody.

Lineker doesn't even have close to the movement that cody has. He also has awful takedown defense

Cody wins the same way he beat Cruz. Landing the harder shots and making the wrestling a non factor

Plus the X factor is that Cody has already knocked out TJ before so he will bring in a shit ton of confidence into the cage.

The only way TJ could win is by wrestlefuck and I just dont see that happening
IMG_1507.JPG

This pic is couple of years old, but you can see Cody is taller than both Faber and TJ. And he's put on size since that pic was taken.

TJ has hard nipples in that pic. Just saying

I think TJ is an all rounder, jack of all trades, but Cody will have the boxing and power advantage. I think TJ could do it, he'd be quicker in on takedowns than Cruz was and have more success with them, and he can do good damage once he takes you down. He wins the fight there.

Maybe I'm putting too much stock into Cody getting slept in that amateur fight, but I feel like we're gonna see him get knocked out soon and since I'm biased towards TJ, I'm gonna go ahead and say he's the man to do it.

Lineker doesn't even have close to the movement that cody has. He also has awful takedown defense

Cody wins the same way he beat Cruz. Landing the harder shots and making the wrestling a non factor

Plus the X factor is that Cody has already knocked out TJ before so he will bring in a shit ton of confidence into the cage.

The only way TJ could win is by wrestlefuck and I just dont see that happening
Dillashaw is a world beater against flat footed strikers. Cruz thrives as well against plodders. Both showed to be significantly less effective against people who are neither brawlers, nor stereotypical Muay Thai plodders. Iirc Joe Soto of all people made TJ whiff a lot at the beginning of their fight by employing basic head movement.

Agree on the wrestling. That changes TJ's striking effectiveness a lot, imo.

However, there is the big question concerning the fact they trained together. That could always change the dynamic of a fight.

Another interesting factor is that TJ looks to be easily rustled and that turns him into a wide-swinging head hunter. Not a good idea against a knockout artist. Garbrandt might get triggered (or just play the part), but showed to be capable of leaving it outside the cage.

Well i sure as shit eat crow for doubting Cody and i'm not picking TJ to win after seeing Cody on Fri

TJ imo.

But it would be good to see a proper BW title fight again.

Garbrandt schools TJ and knocks him at least down.

TJ has hard nipples in that pic. Just saying
He always has hard nipple lol
What the linekar fight every time he was in the corner I was scared he was gonna take out dwaynes eye lol

The little snake will not fight for a UFC title in 2017. He is talking all kinds of shit about his employer.
I don't know about that. The UFC is on the business of selling shit and they can sell this shit easy. Drama and all the bs will only add spectators and create an even better story.

I'm happy we are going to get this fight but I really wanted Faber dillishaw.

Also want Cody Conner at 45 cause there was that bit of beef on tuf

Dillashaw showed amazing striking and wrestling against Lineker, somene known for being a power puncher. He dominated him.

Neo-Garbrandt found a way to beat Cruz, something TJ couldn't do. I honestly don't know who'd win, but I lean toward Dillashaw since he's shown himself able to handle power punchers. Cody is much more than that, though.
Completely agree. Lineker is a below average version of Garbrandt though which makes me think that this will be very close. Given the fact that TJ has had the opportunity to re-watch DC v CG I think he will win. Purely because he may not fall into the same trap that DC did (coming in and letting CG counter punch/kick him).

Back