Gane's finishing sequences always look like a dude that can't fight to save his life ( still the best striker in the business overall)

The hate Cereal is getting is absolutely ridiculous. The guy loses to Francis and JJ and all of a sudden he's a bum.
If we look at the fight with the way of judging now Gane has won the fight
Ngannou really didn't do anything on the ground

Except most HWs aren't cutting weight.
This right here.

Most heavyweights could feasibly drop to LHW if they dieted down and did shot tones of cardio.

Sometimes I feel there could be a weight class around 220-230 lbs because that seems to be where the majority(which is a minority) of talented heavyweights fight at.

But that also poses a litany of problems too.

Okay. And?
.. aand that's the end. The idea was "HW would improve if it had more talent, (especially the lighter faster ones) who instead now fight at LHW because of extreme weight cutting."

It's a statement that was made. That's it. And since it has nothing to do with "But our current HW'S don't cut weight," I thought I'd just clarify the original claim so that you could argue or agree with further clarity. So feel free to respond to it how you like, Sherbro

I find the hammer fist to the back of the skull to be thee most effective strike in MMA.

Gane unlocked a hack where he is able to use it every fight without being hassled by the referee.

He enjoys the kickboxing-based "sport" aspect of MMA but has very little violence in his nature, therefore awkward finishing ability. He doesn't want to hurt the guy; he just wants to win the competition.
Hmmm, it's true he has difficulty going for the KO but he is very good at inflicting damage and pain.
The beatings he put on Lewis and Tuivasa were quite nasty. And pre-UFC, his fight against Dyzcka was one of the most brutal beating I've ever seen, he literally sent the guy into deep depression and ended his mma career.

Hmmm, it's true he has difficulty going for the KO but he is very good at inflicting damage and pain.
The beatings he put on Lewis and Tuivasa were quite nasty. And pre-UFC, his fight against Dyzcka was one of the most brutal beating I've ever seen, he literally sent the guy into deep depression and ended his mma career.
Not enough people appreciate how good he is at breaking guys down and making them quit. I'd rather get KO'ed and go lights out with one punch by Francis than have Gane beating me until I break for 15-25 minutes minutes.

He doesn't have that 1 shot KO power for a HW so he has to throw a lot of punches to get the finish and for big dudes like that sometimes they look awkward..

It's pretty cool how he throws hammer fists while standing when someone is hurt lol

The OP wasn't questioning if he's capable of inflicting damage, it's about his often-awkward finishing sequences, which my response posed an explanation for. Of course, an elite heavyweight kickboxer is going to put beatings on people, but it's not a part of Gane's mentality to purposefully try and damage his opponent. He's trying to out-skill them.

He just hasnt got a great killer instinct. Its just not his forte to rush someone out of there.

he hasnt had to deal with it very often because he can outpoint most guys and is usually ahead on the scorecards so he hasnt had to learn how to rush to make up the deficit.

The OP wasn't questioning if he's capable of inflicting damage, it's about his often-awkward finishing sequences, which my response posed an explanation for. Of course, an elite heavyweight kickboxer is going to put beatings on people, but it's not a part of Gane's mentality to purposefully try and damage his opponent. He's trying to out-skill them.
Disagree with that, he is quite vicious when he breaks someone down. He is really looking to hurt the guy, but in a controlled methodical way.

His awkward finsishing sequences are IMO because he is not a power puncher and never plants his feet.

Back