Games for my wife, a none gamer

Spoken

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I sold my PS4 got $200 last summer but decided to get one again when the black Friday deals came out.
My wife showed so interest in games, so I bought a few things to see what she'd like. So far, the two Lego games she's played have worked out well. She's enjoying them.
I tried The Last of Us, but it's too intense and too violent.

So besides Lego games, what is a good game for someone who isn't a gamer? Something not super intense, but might still have a story and/or fun, intuitive gameplay?

Maybe any of the telltale games, especially if she's into TWD, GOT GoG or any other the other premises of their games.

Maybe Portal2? No idea if thats on PS4. But Id go for some sort of puzzle type game.

Maybe any of the telltale games, especially if she's into TWD, GOT GoG or any other the other premises of their games.

On a similar note - Life is Strange

Unravel 2.
A bit of puzzle solving, but it's cute and you can play together. Better played together.

On a similar note - Life is Strange
Liked that game... just downloaded Before the Storm since it's free on Game Pass.

Liked that game... just downloaded Before the Storm since it's free on Game Pass.

Bro don't get me started about Life is Strange. It's creepy how much I love that shit. The girls love it too though

ts I'd recommend A Hat in Time (Uber-cute platformer) and Stardew Valley (Super-addictive farming game) as well

Her Story is also really cool.

Seconding Stardew Valley.

My recommendation: Steamworld Dig 2

My wife started with some of the Lego games, and then moved on to Stardew Valley. She played a few Final Fantasy games and Dragon Age Inqusition, but the she got into The Witcher 2 when it was a couple of bucks. Now she’s moved on to The Witcher 3 and Assassin’s Creed Origins.

Let her try out a bunch of games, my wife likes the stories so she started out on the easier difficulties, but she’s starting to get better so she’s bumping it up. She even bought Dark Souls 3 and the intro boss kept killing her.

Another thing that helped get her into gaming was co-op or two-player games.

Dead or alive beach volleyball.

Dark Souls. She'll love it. So forgiving and easy to play.

Overcooked 1 and 2 my gf and her mum loved them, i struggled to get on the ps4 when they were in lol.

I sold my PS4 got $200 last summer but decided to get one again when the black Friday deals came out.
My wife showed so interest in games, so I bought a few things to see what she'd like. So far, the two Lego games she's played have worked out well. She's enjoying them.
I tried The Last of Us, but it's too intense and too violent.

So besides Lego games, what is a good game for someone who isn't a gamer? Something not super intense, but might still have a story and/or fun, intuitive gameplay?

I'd second the suggestion of the best Telltale games and Life Is Strange.

Same with other story heavy/driven games.

If she's into physiological crime shows like Law & Order, I'd suggest picking up the PS4 version of Heavy Rain.

my gf liked little big planet. she's terrible at games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back