GamerGate News & Discussion v6: #GamesSoWhite Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some good gaming news sites you would recommend (ones without SocJus bullshit and politics)?

Since GameTrailers was shut down, i thought I'd try and look for some new sites to check out.

We’re told that the courts are designed to help and protect the innocent, just like the police. But for a lot of people, in this case most definitely for a woman who basically has to prove to a bunch of naturally biased humans that she wasn’t “asking” for anything, that’s just not how it works.
Perhaps the courts do help the innocent, and the person you support isn't the innocent one.

What are some good gaming news sites you would recommend (ones without SocJus bullshit and politics)?

Since GameTrailers was shut down, i thought I'd try and look for some new sites to check out.
N4G is a game news aggregator. They used to feature a lot of the SJW bullshit, but these days those sorts of articles don't get published there anymore. Occasionally one will slip through the cracks, but it's very rare.

So, Zoe dropped her lawsuit against Eron. Que her legion of media SJWs to came to her side to self-victimize each other:
http://www.pajiba.com/miscellaneous...uit-against-the-guy-who-started-gamergate.php
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/gamergate-zoe-quinns-statement-full-7349480#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Of course, the statement from her is basically more whining to obscure the fact that her lawsuit is perjury right from the get go, as a way to bankrupt, waste time and gag Eron for a foreseeable length of time. However Eron seemed to be ready to counter-sue her, but we will see how it goes.

This got lost in history but Eron did hinted that he has figured out who was behind Zoe and her massive media backing, so i'm looking forward to him unveil the secret.

Although, to people that usually in #burgersandfries, probably someone that they (and I) are really familiar with.

I really wish the media would stop referring to her as a game developer, like she worked on some successful indie game or for a large video game developer.
depressionquest1.jpg

Yeah, I know the graphics suck... but how about that gameplay.

The Social Justice Warriors have claimed another scalp.

Stephen Fry was hounded off Twitter by the SJWs, because he called his female friend a "Bag Lady" at the BAFTAs, who opted to turn up at the even wearing jeans and a T-Shirt with a jacket.

They went fucking nuts, and harassed him, and insulted him, send him death threats and all the stuff they usually do. Fry, who has a history with Bipolar Disorder just said "Fuck off everyone, I'm done with this place", and closed his Twitter account.

Everyone's favourite, Graham Linehan, decided to speak out against the harassment of the great Stephen Fry... and said it was GamerGate.

I don't often make idle comments like this over the internet, because it's the internet and it's never gonna happen, but given the opportunity, I'd love to just uncork one and hit him so hard, his face straightens out.

Graham-Linehan-Open-Inte_20.jpg

The Social Justice Warriors have claimed another scalp.

Stephen Fry was hounded off Twitter by the SJWs, because he called his female friend a "Bag Lady" at the BAFTAs, who opted to turn up at the even wearing jeans and a T-Shirt with a jacket.

They went fucking nuts, and harassed him, and insulted him, send him death threats and all the stuff they usually do. Fry, who has a history with Bipolar Disorder just said "Fuck off everyone, I'm done with this place", and closed his Twitter account.

Everyone's favourite, Graham Linehan, decided to speak out against the harassment of the great Stephen Fry... and said it was GamerGate.

I don't often make idle comments like this over the internet, because it's the internet and it's never gonna happen, but given the opportunity, I'd love to just uncork one and hit him so hard, his face straightens out.

Graham-Linehan-Open-Inte_20.jpg

I read a little about this to see what was going on. The biggest take off for me was about the bleak future of Twitter and how this situation seems to be norm now instead of the exception. Declining usership and falling stock prices are the symptoms of the disease that plagues it's users, the hoards of twitter trolls. Maybe giving a direct voice to every d-bag isn't actually the best idea.... Especially since most extremes of any situation seem to be most vocal and are just hateful.

I used to enjoy Twitter and I still do at times. But I never look beyond anyone's initial posts anymore because inevitably all the replies that come afterwards are garbage. Twitter can desperately try to implement policy after policy to prevent "harassment" but nothing is going to truly work. And once popular public figures start dropping like flies, it's be over for them.

For me, Twitter is great for presales for live shows, but other than that, it could die a million deaths and it still wouldn't be enough.

I love how you can't insult someone or even joke about what a person is wearing. Unless it's a dude wearing a shirt covered in anime girls that is.

Baring in mind, she turned up to what is essentially the British Oscars dressed like this:

1dae99ee-0260-3c91-bcd3-f31a0168b631

Can you imagine someone turning up to the Oscars like this?

Two gas chambers are occupied, one by the great Stephen Fry and another filled with Twitter bitches. Bitches should surely die.

Two gas chambers are occupied, one by the great Stephen Fry and another filled with Twitter bitches. Bitches should surely die.
lol - His twitter send off is classic.

Too many people have peed in the pool
It’s no big deal – as it shouldn’t be. But yes, for anyone interested I have indeed deactivated my twitter account. I’ve ‘left’ twitter before, of course: many people have time off from it whether they are in the public eye or not. Think of it as not much more than leaving a room. I like to believe I haven’t slammed the door, much less stalked off in a huff throwing my toys out of the pram as I go or however one should phrase it. It’s quite simple really: the room had started to smell. Really quite bad.

Oh goodness, what fun twitter was in the early days, a secret bathing-pool in a magical glade in an enchanted forest. It was glorious ‘to turn as swimmers into cleanness leaping.’ We frolicked and water-bombed and sometimes, in the moonlight, skinny-dipped. We chattered and laughed and put the world to rights and shared thoughts sacred, silly and profane. But now the pool is stagnant. It is frothy with scum, clogged with weeds and littered with broken glass, sharp rocks and slimy rubbish. If you don’t watch yourself, with every move you’ll end up being gashed, broken, bruised or contused. Even if you negotiate the sharp rocks you’ll soon feel that too many people have peed in the pool for you to want to swim there any more. The fun is over.

To leave that metaphor, let us grieve at what twitter has become. A stalking ground for the sanctimoniously self-righteous who love to second-guess, to leap to conclusions and be offended – worse, to be offended on behalf of others they do not even know. It’s as nasty and unwholesome a characteristic as can be imagined. It doesn’t matter whether they think they’re defending women, men, transgender people, Muslims, humanists … the ghastliness is absolutely the same.

But Stephen, these foul people are a minority! Indeed they are. But I would contend that just one turd in a reservoir is enough to persuade one not to drink from it. 99.9% of the water may be excrement free, but that doesn’t help. With Twitter, for me at least, the tipping point has been reached and the pollution of the service is now just too much.

But you’ve let the trolls and nasties win! If everyone did what you did, Stephen, the slab-faced dictators of tone and humour would have the place to themselves. Well, yes and they’re welcome to it. Perhaps then they’ll have nothing to smell but their own smell.

So I don’t feel anything today other than massive relief, like a boulder rolling off my chest. I am free, free at last.

Twitter can't be happy about this. Acknowledging something like this would be to acknowledge that SJW's and the PC crowd have ruined twitter. That'll go over like a ton of bricks.

Baring in mind, she turned up to what is essentially the British Oscars dressed like this:

1dae99ee-0260-3c91-bcd3-f31a0168b631

Can you imagine someone turning up to the Oscars like this?

True, but his joke was accurate and pretty funny. When you're as good Costumer Designer as she is, she can wear WTF she wants.

Academy Awards

What's even better is that she said she "Yes we are friends, and I am absolutely not upset."

So I guess all the twitter d-bags should have made sure she was actually offended and not laughing hersefl before going off trying to defend her honor.

lol

Twitter can't be happy about this. Acknowledging something like this would be to acknowledge that SJW's and the PC crowd have ruined twitter. That'll go over like a ton of bricks.

It's not just the PC crowd that has ruined Twitter. The very nature of the medium for communication encourages people to be assholes, make vague/factless statements, or look for an opportunity to quip as opposed to think. It just sucks. I registered for twitter about a year ago, and within months got so fucking sick of everything being an opportunity for people to talk shit. It started out as a great idea. People I knew in the cyber security world used to to share information about threats, changing conditions, and all sorts of things that needed to be spread quickly, but now it's trash.

I'm starting to think they might not be able to salvage it, and their stock might hit zero.

I didn't realize how bad twitter is doing. Good I hope it fails completely.

I'm no fan of RooshV, but I hope he destroys Jane Gari.

Effectively, Gari published a rape account against RooshV, and tweeted:
A woman reached out to my blog to expose #RooshV for the rapist he most likely is. Please help & RT this story.

http://www.sjanegari.com/#!Roosh-Valizadeh-Accused-of-Rape/c1ntm/56ba37d30cf2b4e0b62292e2

RooshV has responded, adamantly denying the claims. His lawyer has written what can only be described as a strongly worded letter.

Gari is now pleading innocent on her website in the comments section of the article:

This woman came to me with her story, and I believed her. However, I am not a law enforcement agency, nor am I a court of law. That is why everything stated here is "alleged".

I am merely stating what someone communicated to me and that these things may have happened, not that they have.

The comments section is a cesspool.

RooshV is pretty much one of the biggest turds alive. Everyone, everywhere in the world, would be better off if they ignored the bitter rantings of a loser whose life didn't turn out like he'd hoped.

Need a new thread version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back