Gamer putting UFC money to shame

[

People watch it for entertainment, therefore it is not useless. Unless you are going to argue that all forms of entertainment are useless. Should Joe Rogan get 100 million for doing a podcast? Should RDJ get tens of millions to wear a costume and pretend he is a super hero? Should The Beatles have become wealthy making music? Should pieces of visual art sell for millions? You are not doing the paying or the creating, therefore you have no knowledge of the industry or authority to determine the value. People are worth what the money they can bring in to whoever is paying them. This kid brought in much more than 3 million to the company that paid him, therefore he is worth his prize money. The company made a profit through sponsorship and that's why they paid the money they did to get the best of the best to show up. And because the best of the best showed up countless millions of fans were willing to pay and provide views to the sponsorship to make everyone win in this situation. Sure when I fix plumbing leaks for my job I am doing something much more "useful" than playing a video game, but no one is paying me 3 million to fix a leak because that job does not bring in that kind of money, because you can find a thousand other people who can do that job in my city alone. If I was the only person in the world who can fix leaks then sure I would make that kind of money, but I am not.

the kid was an unknown entity before winning the fortnite tournament, and he still isn't even a top 10 streamer.

he didn't get paid for bringing in eyes, he got paid because he won. if you had the skill to beat him and entered, you'd have gotten paid too. even though you're a complete nobody.

the problem is, there's MILLIONS of people i know who can do that kids job, which is win at Fortnite. it's exactly the same as your plumbing. because the THOUSANDS of people they can find to do their plumbing, doesn't mean they will do it as good as you will. just the same as i can't win as well as that kid in Fortnite, but i can win.

Basically a useless skill? Got news for ya, those drones that get flown around are piloted by gamers. Coders? Gamers. The nerds being trained as surgeons using shit like the davinci machine? Gamers. What skill does playing sports give you? What does mma , BJJ, wrestling give you? Mostly discipline and work ethic that can be transferred into real life. So same thing here as well as hand eye coordination applicable to the new technology that is being used daily.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6699361/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/siouxc...077145a5-3866-5513-9b1a-c099167af868.amp.html

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/s...gives-aspiring-surgeons-an-edge/275-614280022

so gamers are ESSENTIALS????

you're missing the point, over and over and over again...
No I get the point. It's just a stupid point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you believe throwing millions of dollars at a kid to play video games is stupid because it's a useless skill in the real world, and paying kids for useless skills will eventually lead to some kind of negative societal/economic event? Is that pretty close?

My point is that the kid is an entertainer. Like all other athletes. Football is a useless skill in the real world. So is basketball. Or even acting. Or any other entertainment industry skill. Hell even MMA is largely useless in the real world.

In all of these cases the product produced is entertainment. It might not be a physical thing you can hold in your hands, but it has value. Creating that entertainment is a skill. So what makes this kid different than a 17 year old pro athlete/entertainer in any other sector of the industry?

Any sport out there is a useless skill by this logic also being a youtube star is alot more then posting a video you must make loads of additional content and it cant fucking suck, people that actually make a living on the tube put in a lot of hours.
The answer to the question is if everyone could play games or do youtube because its easy theyd do it but they cant and thats why we have Joe Schmoe who has to clean septic tanks wondering why hes not special enough to make money on youtube. The system will place people accordingly

yeah, but "Joe Schmoe"s cleaning septic tanks are essential to society. this is like saying "hey, i pay more attention to how clean my hands are than my heart health because my hands, do all the work and my heart, well it just sits there"

Any sport out there is a useless skill by this logic also being a youtube star is alot more then posting a video you must make loads of additional content and it cant fucking suck, people that actually make a living on the tube put in a lot of hours.
The answer to the question is if everyone could play games or do youtube because its easy theyd do it but they cant and thats why we have Joe Schmoe who has to clean septic tanks wondering why hes not special enough to make money on youtube. The system will place people accordingly

this exactly, using that logic every sport would be a useless skill except boxing/mma because you can make a case for being able to defend yourself
im no e-sports follower but one shouldn't disregard it because they don't quiet get the trend, if being a "pro" gamer/youtuber/streamer was so easy then everybody would do it but the fact is its not, you don't just jump in and make millions within a year unless you're stupid lucky

This is the 21st century. The times have changed. There have never been more ways to make money than there is today. 20-30 years ago, you would work a 9-5 and make enough to support a household of 4. Nowadays, your 9-5 would barely cover the COL for 2 people, let alone an entire family. More and more people are taking the 'nontraditional' route to success, and it will only continue.

20-30 years from now, Universities will be paying YOU to come study for them.

<36>

Just googled the winner. He must be making bank outside of that 3m. He has 2.6m youtube subs and 1.5m insta subs. He will be raking it in from sponsors.

We just have to accept that a lot of kids dont want to be doctors, lawyers etc anymore they look up to celebs, gamers and youtubers and want to be like them. How many parents give there kid a tablet and allow them to spend hours of their day on youtube. I know of a few who do that

the kid was an unknown entity before winning the fortnite tournament, and he still isn't even a top 10 streamer.

he didn't get paid for bringing in eyes, he got paid because he won. if you had the skill to beat him and entered, you'd have gotten paid too. even though you're a complete nobody.

the problem is, there's MILLIONS of people i know who can do that kids job, which is win at Fortnite. it's exactly the same as your plumbing. because the THOUSANDS of people they can find to do their plumbing, doesn't mean they will do it as good as you will. just the same as i can't win as well as that kid in Fortnite, but i can win.

Winning once in a while in online games is not the same and winning a 3 million dollar prize tournament, if there were millions of people who could've won that tournament then they would've done so, but the truth is there was only one who could win it, the one who did.

The entire roster of the tournament is what brought in views, because they were the best of the best, and he proved he was better than all of them. The fans paid to see the competition, not him particularly. If they would've just brought in some low level scrubs to fill the roster the fans would not watch, therefore the sponsorships would vanish, and they would not be able to afford a 3 million dollar prize. So the winner gets paid what he is worth based on the value the fans place on the talent, much in the same way male NBA players gets paid MUCH more than WNBA players, because fans just don't want to see ANYONE play basketball, they want to see the best of the best from around the world, not your local high school game.

Theres no monetary gain in sitting in front of a TV for 3/4 of your life. What do you do when the power goes out? Head to the fridge.
20200530_142948.jpg
{<jordan} half a mil a month aint enough?

Thats the beauty of working your own hours you can just stand up and leave. Lol and any job that requires power to operate wouldn't work without power if you worked a factory and the power goes out then what? The machines are down.

No I get the point. It's just a stupid point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you believe throwing millions of dollars at a kid to play video games is stupid because it's a useless skill in the real world, and paying kids for useless skills will eventually lead to some kind of negative societal/economic event? Is that pretty close?

My point is that the kid is an entertainer. Like all other athletes. Football is a useless skill in the real world. So is basketball. Or even acting. Or any other entertainment industry skill. Hell even MMA is largely useless in the real world.

In all of these cases the product produced is entertainment. It might not be a physical thing you can hold in your hands, but it has value. Creating that entertainment is a skill. So what makes this kid different than a 17 year old pro athlete in any other industry?

he's not an entertainer. nobody knew who he was before the tournament. the tournament is what made him, not the other way around.

he isn't different. i think pro athletes are also overpaid. if you don't think actors, athletes, gamers, politicians etc., being overpaid while construction workers, doctors, and teachers are underpaid isn't a sign of how fucked society is, i don't know what to tell you.

you don't think switching the checks around wouldn't provide BETTER teachers? BETTER construction workers? BETTER doctors?

do you also praise the Kardashians for their "innovations in entertainment industry"? all the money they earned isn't wasted in your opinion on useless bitches who fuck their way up the social ladder? as long as it's popular right? there's no moral or ethical values, just as long as you can make that monetary gain all is fair right?

The funny thing is if you look up how to improve your hand eye for gaming it’s mostly athletic feats like catching and throwing balls. Their reflexes are crazy.
Somewhere I've read that in the core it's just an eye coordination drill. Because the hand will follow where your eye is fixed. And what actually athletes try to achieve with these drills is to follow the target and not not lose it out of sight. The hand will naturally follow where your eyes point, as long as they point directly to it. That's at least how I understood it.
half a mil a month aint enough?
This estimation is not anywhere near to the real number. More like 150K a month at best. Still, it's a lot of money.

View attachment 772805
{<jordan} half a mil a month aint enough?

Thats the beauty of working your own hours you can just stand up and leave. Lol and any job that requires power to operate wouldn't work without power if you worked a factory and the power goes out then what? The machines are down.
I churn butter. Bitches can't live without butter.

Late for gym time. Thanks for your fairy tale stories of how not to be productive in society. Enjoy the fights

he's not an entertainer. nobody knew who he was before the tournament. the tournament is what made him, not the other way around.

he isn't different. i think pro athletes are also overpaid. if you don't think actors, athletes, gamers, politicians etc., being overpaid while construction workers, doctors, and teachers are underpaid isn't a sign of how fucked society is, i don't know what to tell you.

you don't think switching the checks around wouldn't provide BETTER teachers? BETTER construction workers? BETTER doctors?

do you also praise the Kardashians for their "innovations in entertainment industry"? all the money they earned isn't wasted in your opinion on useless bitches who fuck their way up the social ladder? as long as it's popular right? there's no moral or ethical values, just as long as you can make that monetary gain all is fair right?
The problem with construction workers and teachers is that it doesnt actually require much specialized skill to do. That's the ugly truth of it. Doctors are underpaid because our society demonizes for profit healthcare. That one I won't argue with you.

Late for gym time. Thanks for your fairy tale stories of how not to be productive in society. Enjoy the fights
Lol I know we have our disagreements, but I legit laughed out loud at "bitches love butter". Enjoy the fights sherbro.

For fucks sake, everyone making us sherdoggers look like shit. First Rogan with his stupid 100 million podcast, to this little nerd on fortnite. Whats next? It's bad enough they robbed us of our Like count and took away our only dignity.

The problem with construction workers and teachers is that it doesnt actually require much specialized skill to do. That's the ugly truth of it. Doctors are underpaid because our society demonizes for profit healthcare. That one I won't argue with you.

wow, so you don't think it takes much specialized skill to make a fucking building that doesn't fall and crush people? you don't think it takes much specialized skills to teach children? but pressing buttons on a video game controller does?????

wow just WOW...

Just curious if Buhga donated 500,000 to charity off his win would it still be unproductive?

Get a good pump Gramps dont throw out your bad hip. <Watt1>

yeah, but "Joe Schmoe"s cleaning septic tanks are essential to society. this is like saying "hey, i pay more attention to how clean my hands are than my heart health because my hands, do all the work and my heart, well it just sits there"
Fucking breathing air is essential to society but nobody pays me to do that professionally.

Back