Gamer putting UFC money to shame

Now let's compare career earnings and sponsorship endorsements. LOL

Inside of Tiger's private jet:

22028262-0-image-a-12_1575936865624.jpg

Jesus it's not exactly like this kid is trying to sponsor the 4th reich here or anything.

He'll either blow the money on clothes/cars/stupid shit, or he'll get a good financial advisor and save it. Maybe some combination of the two.

Either way is fine with me. I dont see why you have such an issue with it. Is it because you work hard and dont make millions of dollars? I'm sorry. Truly. I dont wish financial hardship on anyone. But that doesnt make shitting on this kid for succeeding any less silly.

i'm not shitting on the kid, neither is the original guy you were arguing with. we're shitting on the fact that a child gets paid for being good at something that's basically a useless skill. i get it, capitalism. especially during this day and age, seeing just how close to disaster our economy and society is, i'd think people would refocus their attention to what matters. you know, the ESSENTIALS.

it's not a good thing to reward people for being good at useless shit imo. your way of thinking is why the majority of kids now a days are trying to be social media influencers, streamers, youtubers. why do these shitty dangerous jobs that pay peanuts, when i can sit on my ass all day eating food and playing pranks on my friends and family for millions.

i really don't get why you seem so quick to personally attack people instead of address the argument itself. my financial situation has no bearing on my opinion. i'm perfectly fine with my income, and even if i was as rich as Bill Gates my opinion would remain the same.

Its okay Grandpa I know you dont understand the flashing lights and how technology runs the future.
View attachment 772803
Also know that when you young bucks without as much wit get backed in a corner you jump to typical thoughtless attempts at insults.
Have a mod check my list of IPs used on this site, homie is all up in the world of technology ;)

i'm not shitting on the kid, neither is the original guy you were arguing with. we're shitting on the fact that a child gets paid for being good at something that's basically a useless skill. i get it, capitalism. especially during this day and age, seeing just how close to disaster our economy and society is, i'd think people would refocus their attention to what matters. you know, the ESSENTIALS.

it's not a good thing to reward people for being good at useless shit imo. your way of thinking is why the majority of kids now a days are trying to be social media influencers, streamers, youtubers. why do these shitty dangerous jobs that pay peanuts, when i can sit on my ass all day eating food and playing pranks on my friends and family for millions.

i really don't get why you seem so quick to personally attack people instead of address the argument itself. my financial situation has no bearing on my opinion. i'm perfectly fine with my income, and even if i was as rich as Bill Gates my opinion would remain the same.
So you're worried about societal decline?

While posting on a forum dedicated to people trying to kill each other in cage for money?

And kids getting paid to play video games are your biggest worry?

Also, at no points have my posts been intended to be personal attacks. I apologize if I came off that way. When I brought up the possibility of your financial situation being bad, that was genuine. I understand that it could be frustrating seeing a kid make millions if you're struggling. Glad to hear you're not.

Any sport out there is a useless skill by this logic also being a youtube star is alot more then posting a video you must make loads of additional content and it cant fucking suck, people that actually make a living on the tube put in a lot of hours.
The answer to the question is if everyone could play games or do youtube because its easy theyd do it but they cant and thats why we have Joe Schmoe who has to clean septic tanks wondering why hes not special enough to make money on youtube. The system will place people accordingly

Also know that when you young bucks without as much wit get backed in a corner you jump to typical thoughtless attempts at insults.
Have a mod check my list of IPs used on this site, homie is all up in the world of technology ;)
My meme stands strong and keeps me away from any corner! There was a point.
To denounce a legitimate monetary gain through technology is to not yet understand it and its impact.

Huh. So "yes" was the answer to my question.

Seems like you just generally have issues with capitalism and free market economics. Definitely not something I'm interested in trying to debate with you.
I can't stand it but if the advertising and money is behind it then have at it.
No different than these clowns getting millions to throw a ball around. If people are going to pay then give them their part in it. Now here we go on MMA pay....

Beyond hilarious, anyone wanting to be a pro gamer. What kind of shitty society are we going to FURTHER turn into.

[

People watch it for entertainment, therefore it is not useless. Unless you are going to argue that all forms of entertainment are useless. Should Joe Rogan get 100 million for doing a podcast? Should RDJ get tens of millions to wear a costume and pretend he is a super hero? Should The Beatles have become wealthy making music? Should pieces of visual art sell for millions? You are not doing the paying or the creating, therefore you have no knowledge of the industry or authority to determine the value. People are worth what the money they can bring in to whoever is paying them. This kid brought in much more than 3 million to the company that paid him, therefore he is worth his prize money. The company made a profit through sponsorship and that's why they paid the money they did to get the best of the best to show up. And because the best of the best showed up countless millions of fans were willing to pay and provide views to the sponsorship to make everyone win in this situation. Sure when I fix plumbing leaks for my job I am doing something much more "useful" than playing a video game, but no one is paying me 3 million to fix a leak because that job does not bring in that kind of money, because you can find a thousand other people who can do that job in my city alone. If I was the only person in the world who can fix leaks then sure I would make that kind of money, but I am not.

it’s called supply and demand bro. Learn how to economy. If there is a demand and market for something, there is money in it. There is no money for soldiers because any 18 year old dumbass kid can sign up to be one. To be the best, absolute #1 best at something is worth money. If you can’t understand how that works, go take a business class or 2.

Yup, exactly. I'm not sure what the point is here of comparing completely different competitions with different models and different markets and demographics. I mean, it's culturally interesting that videogame competitions can generate the amount of traffic that can warrant those payouts.

Outside of that, there's not much else. UFC fighters are in fact underpaid if we talk % of revenue of the company compared to other sports, especially something directly comparable like boxing. That is fucked up, because the atheltes make the sport what it is and risk their health. But I think this is a separate issue from whatever goes on in gaming. The youth gaming market is huge and doesn't compete with MMA, I don't think.

Wait.... so you're worried about societal decline?

While posting on a forum dedicated to people trying to kill each other in cage for money?

And video games are your biggest worry?

Also, at no points have my posts been intended to be personal attacks. I apologize if I came off that way. When I brought up the possibility of your financial situation being bad, that was genuine. I understand that it could be frustrating seeing a could make millions if you're struggling. Glad to hear you're not.

you're missing the point, over and over and over again...

My meme stands strong and keeps me away from any corner! There was a point.
To denounce a legitimate monetary gain through technology is to not yet understand it and its impact.
Theres no monetary gain in sitting in front of a TV for 3/4 of your life. What do you do when the power goes out? Head to the fridge.

thing is, to play a competitive game at the highest level requires the same (or greater) level of time commitment as it does to play sports at a high level, except it takes mental and mechanical skill instead of athletics. The pay is ultimately decided by how many people want to watch and sponsor it, so if UFC fighters are making less than Fortnite players its because UFC is a small time sideshow circus, ran by head carny clown Dana White.
I don't know why I had to search page and half to find that comment. It should be one of the 1st ones. But I guess common sense is not that common anymore.

Basically a useless skill? Got news for ya, those drones that get flown around are piloted by gamers. Coders? Gamers. The nerds being trained as surgeons using shit like the davinci machine? Gamers. What skill does playing sports give you? What does mma , BJJ, wrestling give you? Mostly discipline and work ethic that can be transferred into real life. So same thing here as well as hand eye coordination applicable to the new technology that is being used daily.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6699361/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/siouxc...077145a5-3866-5513-9b1a-c099167af868.amp.html

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/s...gives-aspiring-surgeons-an-edge/275-614280022

Back