Gameplan

Jonatan

Norrland top team
Reaction score
Hi,
I am fighting in 15 oct and I am beging to device my gameplan for the fight. The things I know this far is that my oppoennet is about three inches shorter then me, has a style of moving forward hooking and throwing overhands, has good cardio and is a sanda fighter. The rules are like MT BUT without knees. It is a 3x3 round fight.

So my first thoughts is that I should either plant jab and teeps and try to make to keep distance but those things are allways harder in a fight then in sparring so I do not want to depend on them.
Now I am thinking along the lines of trying to use lowkicks to his leadleg to disrupt him from walking in and then throw one-twos at him when he blocks the kick.
Anyways I am jsut starting and if anyone have any advice or toughts I would much appriciate if you shared them.

Muay Thai and no knees?

Keep it tight inside his hooks and you should get there before he does.

1 2 his face.

Jonatan said:
Hi,
I am fighting in 15 oct and I am beging to device my gameplan for the fight. The things I know this far is that my oppoennet is about three inches shorter then me, has a style of moving forward hooking and throwing overhands, has good cardio and is a sanda fighter. The rules are like MT BUT without knees. It is a 3x3 round fight.

So my first thoughts is that I should either plant jab and teeps and try to make to keep distance but those things are allways harder in a fight then in sparring so I do not want to depend on them.
Now I am thinking along the lines of trying to use lowkicks to his leadleg to disrupt him from walking in and then throw one-twos at him when he blocks the kick.
Anyways I am jsut starting and if anyone have any advice or toughts I would much appriciate if you shared them.

Thats a good plan..if youve got 3 inches on him..use it with your jab..If he's overhands and hooks he's gonna have to get inside because of your reach..Kick the inside thgh of his lead leg..will take the gas out of him quick..Dont let him get you into the ropes which he will probably want to do..Circle to his weak arm and plant jabs and strights down the pipe.

if he pushes forward, like the above poster said, circle to his week arm. from there you give yourself some options.

you need to put him off coming into you so use disruption techniques, make them hard and sharp. jabs, low kicks, push kick to the face are good. if he keeps getting hit clean and hard he'll try another tactic, then once you're out of his range you have the advantage with your longer reach.

Back