Gameness Primetime Sparring gloves review *Updated with pics!*

just got my gloves. SSF is a great store. Got a couple of cool stickers for my headboard.

These are my first mma gloves so I cant compare to past experiences. Love that new leather smell.

So, can these gloves be used for heavy bag training in place of traditional muay thai or boxing gloves?

McWade said:
So, can these gloves be used for heavy bag training in place of traditional muay thai or boxing gloves?
yes they can. great wrist ptotection.

I have a pair as well. Best mma gloves around this side of the Ouano shootos.

We can now get you the PrimeTime/Gameness gloves or Primetime gloves without the Gameness patch as well as PrimeTime MMA comp, boxing gloves and thai pads.

www.SSFgear.com

"Primetime came out with these gloves. And the Undertaker wore them and his picture was on the front cover of some wrestling mag. Some 400 pairs were sold in a week."

haha.imagine all the wrestling geeks wearing these and just posing infront of the mirror with them.

I recognize that I'm coming in a bit late to this thread, but, as the owner of the PrimeTime Brand and the designer of the gloves, I wanted to just mention a few things...

First off - some of you guys did a real nice job and put a lot of work into the reivews. I appreciate all the kind things ya'll have said about my gloves. Very cool.

Second, some of you are not looking at apples to apples i.e. 'proper glove to proper glove or looking at what the glove was designed for. Striking, Grappling, Training, Cross Training etc. I use different paddings and thickness in nearly each type of glove. Same with leather type and thickness etc. I also construct the gloves differently based on application - It's my contention that the equipment should never dictate training or fight style. Thats why I look at application and try and create gear that meets a fight style or a great training method. Not vice versa

I notice that some of you compared the PrimeTime Glove with the Combat Pad to a Top Ten Karate Glove with bayfill padding. Thanks for the compliment even if the application is a bit 'off'. I used to be their largest US customer, not affiliated with Top Ten, so I'm very familiar with the products. Both are exremely shock absorbing.

As far as the Undertaker is concerned, he uses our Level 2 PT900 series competition gloves. This is different than the glove reviewed and, yes, we do get a lot of wanna be and WWE fans calling for the glove. Some of the conversations are pretty unique! The thing to take away here is that this guy is over 7' and 350lbs. and puts a lot of stress on the gloves. Plus he has chosen to use ours.

I also think its appropriate for ya'll to know that we don't pay for endoresments. Never have in the 5 years we've been in business. When you see famous fighters with our gloves it's because they like the glove and have confidence in me. I believe it's the only legit way to go when selling full contact gear. If I wanted to sell 'schlock' to 10 year old karate black belts I wouldn't be on a MMA website! Check out my FAQ to see how I really feel about this. I have some very strong opinions in this area

I want ya'll to know that this is the first time that I've ever replied to any kind of forum on any website. So it's a learning experience. Customers have been telling me for years that I should be doing this, but I never have much free time. If ya'll want to know about different types of padding, properties of leather etc and how they make a difference in the gloves, give me a call anytime or send me an email. Or if you want to know more about the application and why a padding or design was used we can address that as well. I've been doing this for many years. I'll do my best to help you out and share what I know.

Bottom line is that ya'll are taking a lot of time and effort to inform folks. Thats why I want to help - just remember that I may be a bit 'biased' when it comes to some of my competition!!

I'll try and get back to the forum on a regular basis, but I can't guarantee it as I travel a lot. Thats why I suggest email or a phone call. I don't want this to sound like an advertisement so I'm not going to give out the website and toll free numbers here. If ya'll know how to send digital images, post them on forums and do the cyberspace thing, my guess is that you'll be able to contact me if you wanted to.

Thanks again for all your hard work and all your good words

Mark

I notice that some of you compared the PrimeTime Glove with the Combat Pad to a Top Ten Karate Glove with bayfill padding. Thanks for the compliment even if the application is a bit 'off'. I used to be their largest US customer, not affiliated with Top Ten, so I'm very familiar with the products. Both are exremely shock absorbing.

I really just put those pics in so people would get a better idea of the bulk of your gloves compared to a more traditional shaped training glove, Trust me I never grapple with my top10s.

does the velcro go all the way around the primetime gloves? I have the ringside gel-shocks and the damn velcro is only in certain spots on the wrist-wrap.

MMAMaster said:
does the velcro go all the way around the primetime gloves? I have the ringside gel-shocks and the damn velcro is only in certain spots on the wrist-wrap.

Yes the velcro goes all the way around on the wraps. Primetime is a top of the line company. When ever i recieve them i will do a review on the pt901 striker gloves. They are comp gloves.

Modern day old school

Attachments

• 4BD11D05-441A-4B22-8AA7-555E32200345.jpeg
    4BD11D05-441A-4B22-8AA7-555E32200345.jpeg
    661.4 KB · Views: 5
I recognize that I'm coming in a bit late to this thread, but, as the owner of the PrimeTime Brand and the designer of the gloves, I wanted to just mention a few things...

First off - some of you guys did a real nice job and put a lot of work into the reivews. I appreciate all the kind things ya'll have said about my gloves. Very cool.

Second, some of you are not looking at apples to apples i.e. 'proper glove to proper glove or looking at what the glove was designed for. Striking, Grappling, Training, Cross Training etc. I use different paddings and thickness in nearly each type of glove. Same with leather type and thickness etc. I also construct the gloves differently based on application - It's my contention that the equipment should never dictate training or fight style. Thats why I look at application and try and create gear that meets a fight style or a great training method. Not vice versa

As far as the Undertaker is concerned, he uses our Level 2 PT900 series competition gloves. This is different than the glove reviewed and, yes, we do get a lot of wanna be and WWE fans calling for the glove. Some of the conversations are pretty unique! The thing to take away here is that this guy is over 7' and 350lbs. and puts a lot of stress on the gloves. Plus he has chosen to use ours.

I also think its appropriate for ya'll to know that we don't pay for endoresments. Never have in the 5 years we've been in business. When you see famous fighters with our gloves it's because they like the glove and have confidence in me. I believe it's the only legit way to go when selling full contact gear. If I wanted to sell 'schlock' to 10 year old karate black belts I wouldn't be on a MMA website! Check out my FAQ to see how I really feel about this. I have some very strong opinions in this area

I want ya'll to know that this is the first time that I've ever replied to any kind of forum on any website. So it's a learning experience. Customers have been telling me for years that I should be doing this, but I never have much free time. If ya'll want to know about different types of padding, properties of leather etc and how they make a difference in the gloves, give me a call anytime or send me an email. Or if you want to know more about the application and why a padding or design was used we can address that as well. I've been doing this for many years. I'll do my best to help you out and share what I know.

Bottom line is that ya'll are taking a lot of time and effort to inform folks. Thats why I want to help - just remember that I may be a bit 'biased' when it comes to some of my competition!!

I'll try and get back to the forum on a regular basis, but I can't guarantee it as I travel a lot. Thats why I suggest email or a phone call. I don't want this to sound like an advertisement so I'm not going to give out the website and toll free numbers here. If ya'll know how to send digital images, post them on forums and do the cyberspace thing, my guess is that you'll be able to contact me if you wanted to.

Thanks again for all your hard work and all your good words

Mark
Do you still make gloves at all?

Back