Gameness Primetime Sparring gloves review *Updated with pics!*

Good review!
Any pics of the gloves you got, or links?
I think they make several different models (if this is the brand I'm thinking of). Which ones did you get?

Cool, thanks Terrier looking forward to seeing the pics.

Dog is correct they are the same gloves (nice review BTW) - Since he's done the comparison to MMA style gloves i'll take some pics with my other sparring gloves.

Here we are with the top10 2000 10oz kickboxing sparring glove

gloves1.jpg

gloves2.jpg

I'll post comparisons with the rogues tommorow as I don't have them here at the moment.

I think it's notable that though the gloves are constructed completely differently, the padding on the actual knuckles is almost equa with the PrimeTimes coming up slightly smaller. Also if anyone gives a shit The Undertaker uses these gloves. Take a look at photo 14.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/undertaker/photos/

i have them too, they are great!although one thread on the back sside of the hand on eaach glove is coming off, it's not a big deal.

Cool Terrier, thanks for the pics. I take it you ordered from Gameness?

I got the gloves from Gameness directly yes - I was unsure whether to approach this subject or not because I don't want anyone to believe the review is bias (because I'm simply not like that), however I believe that honestly is the best policy. I was actually sent two pairs for free, partly I think as a thank you for the Gi review I did a few months back and partly because they wanted me to review these here.

I would like to thank Gameness for sending me the gloves, it's very much appreciated, we all know they're an awesome company and this was yet more proof in my eyes. However I would like to stress that the fact I got them free played no part in the review, had they been sub par I would have said as much - I

Superbeast said:
I think it's notable that though the gloves are constructed completely differently, the padding on the actual knuckles is almost equa with the PrimeTimes coming up slightly smaller. Also if anyone gives a shit The Undertaker uses these gloves. Take a look at photo 14.

Actually The Undertaker wears like 3 different kinds. He has worn Thunder, Primetime, and Ouano's.

Ok guys here's the comparison with the rogue sparmaster MMA training gloves (review of those gloves also on this forum)

gloves3.jpg

gloves4.jpg

Primetime came out with these gloves. And the Undertaker wore them and his picture was on the front cover of some wrestling mag. Some 400 pairs were sold in a week. So wrestling fans bought them up before they were intoduced to the MMA crowd. So that is kinda how Primetime got its start.
These are not gel filled gloves. They have a special pad in them that is suppose to be 6351 psi. They weigh 7 oz.
Terrier thanks for the review.

Tim

I just dropped $70 (with shipping) on these damn things. I hope they're as good as people say they are.

I was going to get some cheap gloves, but I felt compassionate about the people I was going to hit, so I decided on this. lol.

I like it that they're red, my favorite color.

These are all purpose right? I can spar with them, and hit the pads and bags?

yep i have had mine for awhile now.. hit bags, hit each other, whatever you want. They are well made.

Superbeast said:

will it help me do the tombstone or the choke slam?

physicaltherapy said:
will it help me do the tombstone or the choke slam?

Not only what but the disclamer says that a mysterious mist may follow you around and all the lights in the immediate area may turn off.

mjfan12 said:
I just dropped $70 (with shipping) on these damn things. I hope they're as good as people say they are.

I was going to get some cheap gloves, but I felt compassionate about the people I was going to hit, so I decided on this. lol.

I like it that they're red, my favorite color.

These are all purpose right? I can spar with them, and hit the pads and bags?

I'm glad to hear about your compassion about the people you are going to hit. lol However,
These gloves are suppose to be almost equal to a 16 oz glove, even though they weigh only 7oz due to the psi in the padding. With head gear at Nashville MMA school they are able go at it at about 80% with the gloves.

Adino said:
Not only what but the disclamer says that a mysterious mist may follow you around and all the lights in the immediate area may turn off.

I'm currenlty working on rolling my eyeballs to the back of my head.

Back