Gameness platinum a3 or a4

Nijoe

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking into gameness platinum as my new kimono as my adidas finally fell apart. As with most gi's I fall in between sizes as I'm 6'1,5'' making me an a4, and weigh in 190-200 pounds which makes me an A3.
As an example, Atama double weave top size a3 fits me perfectly, but I haven't seen a Gameness here, so I have no clue about their cut.
Could you guys help me out, A3 or A4?

go with the A3.

i use a Gameness Pearl A3, i'm 6', 190lbs. i actually had to shrink mine a bit to get the arm length where i like it.

i'm looking to get the Gameness Feather sometime soon, what makes you want the platinum??

The Platinum A3 will fit you...just get it to the size you want during that first wash and dry and then be careful drying it after that.

I'm 6'2" and weigh around 185lbs, but I have a tall and thin build. My A3 has shrunk to a very snug (perfect in my opinion) fit. But I always dry it with a little heat which is why is has shrunk so much.

Out of the bag it was bigger so there is plenty of room to "shrink to fit" the Platinum.

The Platinum is my favorite gi I own. I love how thick and tough it is and the collar is also very thick and hard for an opponent to grab.

i'm looking to get the Gameness Feather sometime soon, what makes you want the platinum??
I don't have a problem making weight for competitions, and I hate grip fighting, so I prefer heavier kimono. I was looking at Dragao too.

The A3 gi fit perfect out of the bag, i don't think that top shrunk at all after a cold wash and hang-drying (good thing), however, pants shrunk, and now they're a bit short for my liking, and if they shrink any more I'll have to give them away. Too bad, as I really like these pants, I would like to get a pair in A4 if they were sold separately.
My compliments to Budovideos for excellent service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back