Gamebred will retire

If he wins, he will "retire" just so the UFC can offer him a shitload more money and to get the publicity of him retiring.

If he truly retires, it will be the dumbest financial decision of his life......There is so many matchups that could make him a shitload of money.

Saturday night, with two belt, after 49 fighs in 16 years,
Masvidal will announce his retirement from MMA.

..someone else has this feeling?

Will be hard since he is not going to win. Also are you really considering the BMF belt a legit belt?

Nope.

He still has some good fights waiting out there: McGregor, Covington, Edwards all come to mind, not to mention the Wonderboy rematch.

Will be hard since he is not going to win. Also are you really considering the BMF belt a legit belt?
I dont know if is legit or not legit a belt won fighting Al Iaquinta,or Nate Diaz,or others.. but a UFC belt is a UFC belt at the end of the day.
if you want, let's talk about the UFC belts that most please you .. but it would be another matter

He defends title+BMF against Nate, Conor, Burns or Colby.
cash-money-animated-gif-10.gif

No way he quits now that he is in the big bucks.

0 % chance that happens

he's said time and time again that he's in this for the money
there are tons of winnable, money fights out there for him if he beats Usman

hell even if he doesn't win... he can fight Nate and Colby for two fat paychecks and THEN retire

lol absolutely not his hype is still at an all time high even if he wins

As others have mentioned, if he wins, he will set up a mega fight with Connor for the 170lbs title (hence Mcgregor writing cryptic instagram messages and posting pictures of a bulked up physique despite being "retired").

He if loses, probably a rematch with Nate for the BMF belt.

To your point though, I don't see Masvidal sticking around very long after he has exhausted his money fight options. Unless he wins the title and it is the start of a GSP like reign, he will in all likelihood cash out while he can. I just don't see him going back to the grind of moving up the ranks for a second title shot at his age.

Nope, he's finally making more money per fight than his first 20 fights combined, and he also happens to be way better than he was 5 years ago.

This is the worst take I've ever heard.

Guy with 49 pro fights finally wins the belt and is set to make the biggest paydays of his life in his title defenses retires??? What are you smoking OP?

Finally gets the contract he's been holding out for and you think he's going to retire? I mean feel free to bump if you end up getting a called shot but i don't think that will happen at all.

If he wins he fights mcgregor

If he loses he will fight either Diaz or colby

It's no secret that Gamebred is all about the $$...titles and belts are secondary. Why would he retire at the peak of his earning power?

Stupid thread.

In order to feel that way, I'd have to first think he'd win...
...but it would be hilarious if it happened!!!

If you think Masvidal has a chance: You haven't taken a look at his Journeyman's record. 13 losses is not an elite fighter. Its the record of a guy thats in and out of the UFC: like Masvidal has been.

No he'll ride this star power to a bigger paycheck. He's been pretty clear he's out to get paid.

Back