Gamebred vs winner of Pettis/Diaz is probably the fight to make

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Wouldn't this be a logical fight to make if Colby gets by Robbie? Colby vs Marty would be a pretty easy sell since they have a bit of a storyline going into it and some footage to go along with it. I think that whoever wins the Nate/Pettis fight would be a great opponent to put in a high profile fight with Jorge now that he has a lot of momentum. It could easily headline a tv card or be the co-main of a ppv. With Nate obviously the build up could be great, with Jorge doing his hands behind the back gimmick at press conferences with Nate and his crew starting all their bullshit. Showtime doesn't quite have Nate's charisma but has a great highlight reel and also has the same coach as Jorge's nemesis Askren so they could use that as kind of a storyline. Whoever wins could potentially get the next shot at winner of Colby/Usman.

Do you guys like this idea and who do you think Masvidal matches up better against?

He shouldn't face anybody outside of Usman, Woodley or the Robbie vs Colby winner at this stage.

I’d love to watch him fight either guy, but I don’t think Jorge takes that fight because it doesn’t help him get closer to the title. Pettis is ranked 7th, Diaz not at all.

Still, I agree the buildup and press conferences would be fun. Then again, if it was him and Nate, neither guy has a great record of showing up for press conferences....

Since the rankings don’t mean shit, I’d love to see it.

Staying healthy and stringing together flashy wins is the way to the title. Jorge could take this fight, win, and then wait for next TS.

As for the better matchup, I think Mas easily kicks his way to victory against Diaz, while he uses his hands to beat up Pettis. Pettis would pose more of a threat due to his Hail Marys

I agree. It would be a step back in competition but the man has beaten 2 top 5 fighters back to back. He fights the winner of Pettis vs Nate while the WW title picture gets a little clearer.

Since the rankings don’t mean shit, I’d love to see it.

Staying healthy and stringing together flashy wins is the way to the title. Jorge could take this fight, win, and then wait for next TS.

As for the better matchup, I think Mas easily kicks his way to victory against Diaz, while he uses his hands to beat up Pettis. Pettis would pose more of a threat due to his Hail Marys

Yea I'm thinking of this obviously in terms of hype and marketability as opposed to rankings. That's really how you climb the ladder. This could be a really big fight that could lead to a title shot rankings be damned. I admit Pettis not so much but if he beat Nate in spectacular fashion then he could get some momentum as well and he's proven that he can get those kinds of wins. And Nate/Jorge is a money fight but like another guy pointed out they're both pretty uncooperative when it comes to promoting fights. I guess the big fight for Gamebred really would be Woodley.

Fun fights but nah. He’s earned a spot in the top 5. Let the winner of that fight face the loser of Colby vs lawler and the loser of that fight should face the platinum one

Back