Game of thrones .

I just finished watching season 1 yesterday. It's pretty good. Looking forward to the rest.

Just got into it watched all 7 seasons, bummed we gotta wait a year but anyone have any good theory 's about how season 8 will go if like to hear them

Danny gives the crown to gendry who is technically the rightful king because power doesnt suit her and moves to the north with jon to rule the north

Arya will kill cercie

Bran will kill the nightking or at least his dragon

Jon will falsely die in the first episode

Neither Jon nor danny will die

This is going to end like a circle and leave things as close to as they were as could be and people are going to be mad as fuck that there wasnt some big swerve

Hopefully Jon ends up on the Iron Throne... provided he doesn't kill himself for sleeping with his Aunt... or Dany killing him when she finds out he's the rightful heir... although things rarely end up the way they're supposed to.

Cersei dying a horrific death, preferably at the hand of Jaimie.

With the way this show is, chances are, the Whitewalkers and the Night King end up taking over the whole damn continent and every last human being dies.

We'll get an epic Dragon battle or two though for sure.

I say Danny fucks him to death when she finds out he’s the true king and he doesn’t even TRY to stop her

Without the books, the writers are kind of pissing in the wind. It's like someone took their cheat sheets away.

Season 6 was pretty damn good though, so they are capable of making a well paced season that pays off without the books, but season 7 was just bad. Same with season 5, although I'm not sure if they were still working from the books in that season.

Something definitely happened after season 4 though. The writing quality noticeably dipped, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made a few moves behind the scenes with the staff, that might've effected the show. You can only blame the lack of books so much. There have been very basic problems in the show, with how it's been paced and written, that just weren't prevalent in the first four seasons.

The quality of the books drops dramatically in the fourth book because GRRM's "plan" was a total mess after the third book that has resulted in a mere two novels being released in the last 18 years. Compare that to him going from conception to the release of three massive novels in slightly less than a decade (1991ish to 2000). The book drop-off in quality is absolutely the reason for the show's supposed decline and the lack of any new books has really forced the showrunners' hands to create their own stories from the cliffs notes GRRM gave them. People whine that the show is now fan fiction, which is completely wrong. It's not fan fiction if there is no original fiction to crib from.

One thing the writers don't get credit for is they cut a lot of fluff and meandering garbage from the last two books. How does two to three full seasons of Danerys dealing with her freed slaves or Tyrion riding a boat for a full season sound?

Tyrion kills Danaerys cause he jelly she's banging Jon, is later killed by Jorah the Andal.
Bran does his mind control trick, takes over a dragon and kills the dead army with it, Jon slains the dead king.
Jaime kills Cersei cause she does some horrible shit to Brienne of Tarth for some reason and he finally realizes she's a cunt and he's kind of good.
Jon sits on the throne as Jon Targaryen. Sansa is named the hand of the king. Arya rides off into the sunset with The Hound in search of new adventures. Bran remains the third eye Raven. Jaime goes to Casterly Rock to live a normal life and give continuity to the Lannister name. Tortmund doesn't get to bang Brienne.

That's what I expect from the reinvented GOT in S8.
That's like the happiest ending ever, which you definitely shouldn't be expecting from GoT.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cersei ambushes the northern alliance as they're fighting the Army of the Dead, who proceed to kill and raise whatever's left of both Daenrys' and Cersei's army, and the Night King ends up sitting on the Iron Throne, to enforce the grand moral that in war, only death reigns supreme.

My theories

- Jamie is forced to Kill Cersei when she goes even more full heal and puts everyone at risk with the Army at the North as she tries to maintain her power
- in doing so he plunges a sword in her and draws it out becoming Azor Ahai wielding Lightbringer the sword of legend, and a key to the Lord of Light and fight against the forces of darkness.
- Jon is revealed as Targaryen and true heir to the Iron Throne and marries Dany, the other heir and they jointly rule atop their two dragons
- Bran will have to kill himself or die for the Night King to truly die and the forces of light to finally win as they are linked (maybe even somehow the same person)
- Bronn, The Mountain, Cersei, Sansa, Brienne, the Red Woman, will all die
- Tyrion, The HOund, Arya, Jamie, Dany, JOn, Gendry, Vary's will all live

That's like the happiest ending ever, which you definitely shouldn't be expecting from GoT.

That's exactly my point. In the old GOT (book original) we could expect a darker ending. But on Season 7 they went hollywood, so there's no way this ends on a bad note.

I've been hearing this a lot since last year, but I just got around to watching season 7 for the first time last week, and I thought it was fucking great.

Just short and compressed given the seven-episode constraint (presumably for financial reasons), and you can nitpick on some of the plot devices, but otherwise, it was suspense-filled and action-packed.
It wasn't for financial reasons. HBO wanted D&DB to stretch that cash cow out as long as they could, but they are tired of the show. They want to move onto something else.

Which is pretty lame. I mean I understand why, but they have spent so much time slowly crafting the world (for TV), and this is one of the few shows that actually demands more episodes and seasons, but their impatience forces the product to suffer.

My theories

- Jamie is forced to Kill Cersei when she goes even more full heal and puts everyone at risk with the Army at the North as she tries to maintain her power
- in doing so he plunges a sword in her and draws it out becoming Azor Ahai wielding Lightbringer the sword of legend, and a key to the Lord of Light and fight against the forces of darkness.
- Jon is revealed as Targaryen and true heir to the Iron Throne and marries Dany, the other heir and they jointly rule atop their two dragons
- Bran will have to kill himself or die for the Night King to truly die and the forces of light to finally win as they are linked (maybe even somehow the same person)
- Bronn, The Mountain, Cersei, Sansa, Brienne, the Red Woman, will all die
- Tyrion, The HOund, Arya, Jamie, Dany, JOn, Gendry, Vary's will all live
I think if they wanted to do anything with the Azor Ahai mythos, they would've introduced the prophecy in earlier seasons. It's too late to establish it now for it to mean anything. I think him and Lady Stoneheart got the axe in the writer's room.

Also, Varys' death was foreshadowed by the Red Woman in the last season. No reason to have included that line unless they were going to kill him on the show, lol.

I think if they wanted to do anything with the Azor Ahai mythos, they would've introduced the prophecy in earlier seasons. It's too late to establish it now for it to mean anything. I think him and Lady Stoneheart got the axe in the writer's room.

Also, Varys' death was foreshadowed by the Red Woman in the last season. No reason to have included that line unless they were going to kill him on the show, lol.
Maybe re Azor but as you say they HAVE talked about it quite a bit and set it up and Jamie and Cersei's clash seems inevitable. Jamie was one of the greatest swordsmen in the realm prior and this would bring him back to prominence. But ya, its just a guess.

And I see Vary's standing over the Red Woman as she dies and reminding her of the prophecy she told him while he gets the last laugh. Not that he has anything to do with her death and not that he is mocking her. Just that they are having one of those Vary's conversations "alas my lady it looks like you will not be around to see if your prophecy comes true..."

As long as Bronn gets his castle and Tormund marries Brienne thats all the happy ending i need.

It wasn't for financial reasons. HBO wanted D&DB to stretch that cash cow out as long as they could, but they are tired of the show. They want to move onto something else.

Which is pretty lame. I mean I understand why, but they have spent so much time slowly crafting the world (for TV), and this is one of the few shows that actually demands more episodes and seasons, but their impatience forces the product to suffer.

They basically work on this show year round and it's easily the most complicated show, probably ever, to film logistically and from a writing standpoint...they started developing the show in 2007. Impatience isn't really fair as they're probably burned the hell out and some of the actors probably are as well.

After the gigantic drop in Season 7's quality, I have no faith whatsoever that Season 8 will be able to wrap up the entire series in a satisfying way within 6 episodes.

You have a year to get ready for disappointment.

I have some of the same fears, but season six had moved past the books, had some of the best episodes of the series.

I predict season eight is actually going to be quite excellent.

I have some of the same fears, but season six had moved past the books, had some of the best episodes of the series.

I predict season eight is actually going to be quite excellent.

I enjoyed S6 as well, and the drop in quality was very minimal.

But when it was announced S7 was going to be 7 episodes, and S8 was only to have 6, that raised much concern.

When the S7 episodes started coming out, with a serious drop in quality, and they weren't wrapping up plot threads at the rate they needed to - serious alarm bells started going off.

So, maybe if each of the S8 episodes are 2 hours long they COULD feasibly lead to a satisfying ending (not a happy ending, and we have been paying attention, but a satisfying one.)

But I'm not getting my hopes up.

We're probably looking at a Dexter or Lost shitacular ending.

I think it's a given that the Night King will get an unprecedented amount of screen time. I do wish they would bring back Richard Brake for this- he was perfect for the role. The other guy they've gotten to play NK is pretty lightweight by comparison, even under the cover of heavy makeup/cgi. Not sure what the current status vis a vis casting is right now, though.

tumblr_otrilhNgeL1so1nhno1_500.gif

Last edited:
After the gigantic drop in Season 7's quality, I have no faith whatsoever that Season 8 will be able to wrap up the entire series in a satisfying way within 6 episodes.

You have a year to get ready for disappointment.

Yeah, it's shit now. It's epic for simpletons and idiots.

Basically i read fantasy cuz there's not much good fantasy to see. Lotr and got were excellent though but other than that there ain't much. First law series was amazing and I'd love to see that adapted. Wheel of time was good when i was younger and i know they're adapting that so I'll watch.
I didn’t know they were doing anything with a wheel of time.

I read some of them ages and ages ago. Would watch.

I didn’t know they were doing anything with a wheel of time.

I read some of them ages and ages ago. Would watch.

I dont remember it that well either but sonys moving forward with it evidently. Should be decent

I enjoyed S6 as well, and the drop in quality was very minimal.

But when it was announced S7 was going to be 7 episodes, and S8 was only to have 6, that raised much concern.

When the S7 episodes started coming out, with a serious drop in quality, and they weren't wrapping up plot threads at the rate they needed to - serious alarm bells started going off.

So, maybe if each of the S8 episodes are 2 hours long they COULD feasibly lead to a satisfying ending (not a happy ending, and we have been paying attention, but a satisfying one.)

But I'm not getting my hopes up.

We're probably looking at a Dexter or Lost shitacular ending.

I would be shocked if it was anywhere near that bad.

Fuck, even season seven had some pretty epic elements. Jaime charging the dragon was one of my favorite short segments of the entire series.

Back