Game of thrones .

I just wanna see someone die from one of these

b22a20ec42594eaa825ea1092eb863dc.jpg

just watched season 7 for the 4th time. i miss new eps. ive binged the entire 7 seasons 4 or so times too

You've def watched it more than more but im on a rewatch now. Just watched the breaker of chains episode so i think im on season 4.

Pretty sure i heard each episode will be movie length so it's going to feel like a full season. Hell it may be longer than a full season
I haven't heard this. Hope you're right.

No matter what happens, it's going to piss off a whole lot of long time book fans and that's going to be glorious.

No matter what happens, it's going to piss off a whole lot of long time book fans and that's going to be glorious.

Ya i read fantasy but never read asoiaf so i don't give a shit lol. It's one of my favorite shows of all time and i hope they just wrap it up decently.

Ya i read fantasy but never read asoiaf so i don't give a shit lol. It's one of my favorite shows of all time and i hope they just wrap it up decently.

The first three books are some of the best fantasy ever written. It's deep, complicated and there's a lot of great minor characters and subplots the show passed over because covering everything properly would take multiple seasons per book. I'd recommend reading them if GRRM wasn't such a easily distracted, inefficient writer. The book series is never going to be finished unfortunately.

The first three books are some of the best fantasy ever written. It's deep, complicated and there's a lot of great minor characters and subplots the show passed over because covering everything properly would take multiple seasons per book. I'd recommend reading them if GRRM wasn't such a easily distracted, inefficient writer. The book series is never going to be finished unfortunately.

Honestly i dont like reading stuff if I've already seen a good adaptation. I'll read it before but not after. That's why I'll never read lotr either.

Basically i read fantasy cuz there's not much good fantasy to see. Lotr and got were excellent though but other than that there ain't much. First law series was amazing and I'd love to see that adapted. Wheel of time was good when i was younger and i know they're adapting that so I'll watch.

Honestly i dont like reading stuff if I've already seen a good adaptation. I'll read it before but not after. That's why I'll never read lotr either.

I hear you and it probably will annoy you to some degree because they really did some characters/story arcs dirty (Stannis, Frey pies, Mance Rayder, Jaime to name a few). Luckily, I tore through all five books shortly after the first season concluded.

Also, there hasn't been a main character death since The Red Wedding, unless you count Stannis.

No, there has been a few. The problem is that the setups haven't been nearly as good, so the deaths aren't as impactful. Really though, it's kind of tough to top the Red Wedding. It was kind of a blessing and curse, because while it was one the best and most shocking moments in television history, it set such a high bar, that you'll never recreate a moment like that within the show, because the audience will never be caught off guard like that again. They're expecting shit like that now.

Meh...

They've had two years to figure shit out, I expect an epic last season.
They are rushing the shit out of this though, and it's weird. This isnt some drama on TBS, this is game of thrones dammit

They are rushing the shit out of this though, and it's weird. This isnt some drama on TBS, this is game of thrones dammit

Without the books, the writers are kind of pissing in the wind. It's like someone took their cheat sheets away.

Season 6 was pretty damn good though, so they are capable of making a well paced season that pays off without the books, but season 7 was just bad. Same with season 5, although I'm not sure if they were still working from the books in that season.

Something definitely happened after season 4 though. The writing quality noticeably dipped, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made a few moves behind the scenes with the staff, that might've effected the show. You can only blame the lack of books so much. There have been very basic problems in the show, with how it's been paced and written, that just weren't prevalent in the first four seasons.

After the gigantic drop in Season 7's quality, I have no faith whatsoever that Season 8 will be able to wrap up the entire series in a satisfying way within 6 episodes.

You have a year to get ready for disappointment.

6 episodes means it will center around big moments and have much less of the requisite plot tying those moments together.

Without the books, the writers are kind of pissing in the wind. It's like someone took their cheat sheets away.

Season 6 was pretty damn good though, so they are capable of making a well paced season that pays off without the books, but season 7 was just bad. Same with season 5, although I'm not sure if they were still working from the books in that season.

Something definitely happened after season 4 though. The writing quality noticeably dipped, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made a few moves behind the scenes with the staff, that might've effected the show. You can only blame the lack of books so much. There have been very basic problems in the show, with how it's been paced and written, that just weren't prevalent in the first four seasons.

Personally I really enjoyed season 5(which was partly within the books, partly not but changed them very significantly when it was) in the way it build up such an effective grim atmosphere, actually as cinematic as its ever been IMHO, the end of that season was for me the best run of episodes the show has had as well.

Last season did have a few clunky joins to it but I think this was largely due to the same issues that have Martin delaying his books forever. Basically having to deal with bringing the ever expanding political narrative together, so characters having to move quickly from location to location and some of them having to interact when they weren't really originally created to do so. Dany and Jon especially were I think naturally designed to play similar kind of roles as young hero with "wise mentors" around them suddenly having to play off of each other. Inbetween those weak spots though I felt it was still very strong for the most part.

The show does seem to have naturally shifted towards smaller build ups to me as well, I mean you look at season 6 and really you could almost have spilt that into two groups of 5 episodes. Plus indeed I think your naturally reaching a point were the characters are feeling a bit old, they could probably have dragged things out for 100 episodes if they'd wanted but viewers would potentially be seriously tiring of performances by that point IMHO going over the same ground too often.

Tyrion kills Danaerys cause he jelly she's banging Jon, is later killed by Jorah the Andal.
Bran does his mind control trick, takes over a dragon and kills the dead army with it, Jon slains the dead king.
Jaime kills Cersei cause she does some horrible shit to Brienne of Tarth for some reason and he finally realizes she's a cunt and he's kind of good.
Jon sits on the throne as Jon Targaryen. Sansa is named the hand of the king. Arya rides off into the sunset with The Hound in search of new adventures. Bran remains the third eye Raven. Jaime goes to Casterly Rock to live a normal life and give continuity to the Lannister name. Tortmund doesn't get to bang Brienne.

That's what I expect from the reinvented GOT in S8.

Is the OP one sentence?

All i know is wanna see one of those dead ICE GIANTS rip some dudes in half

hS5acvb.jpg

Back